Huntingridge motors/Port Chester | FerrariChat

Huntingridge motors/Port Chester

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by theo-m, Jan 26, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. theo-m

theo-m Rookie

Dec 26, 2003
    I contacted Huntinridge motors in Port Chester. They have described their 355 as outstanding. I am in a position to have to buy sight unseen. Is anyone familiar with this dealership or the vehicle? They are asking a premium for the car. They state that the car warrants the price. Any comments or information would be great.

2. KennyH

KennyH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 13, 2001
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    I see them selling cars all the time on ebay and live in Westchester but have never seen or heard of them.. If you'd like me to send a friend out to check out the car and take some pictures, I'd be more then happy too..

3. theo-m

theo-m Rookie

Dec 26, 2003
    Keeny H
    If you are nearby and could take a look at this car, I would be forever grateful. The car is a yellow 95 GTS. They describe it as perfect. We are set for delivery next week. I can still back out at this point.
    Thanks a million.

4. bjm

bjm Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Fairfield County, CT
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Theo

I checked out the Hunting Ridge website. IMHO this car is well overpriced and from the description it looks like the 30k/5year service has not been done(factor in at least $5k for this) and it probably needs this soon. Also I would ask them if the valve guides have been replaced. I would not touch a 95 unless this was done already.

I would think 75-80k max would be right for this car and I would not touch if the original valves are still in. Get a PPI done too before buying.

5. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Are you out of your mind? Hop on a plane take a look. Then get a PPI.
    They say?

6. KennyH

KennyH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 13, 2001
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Kenny

I didn't realize you were this far into it-- I'd take James' advice and check out the car if you're taking delivery next week. I figured you were just looking at the car, I won't be home for 2 weeks (at school) so I couldn't possibly check it out, but if you still want to check out the car I can ask a friend..

PM me for my #.

7. theo-m

theo-m Rookie

Dec 26, 2003
    I am having the ppi done at Miller Motorcars on Friday. The price is in the 80k range. I do not know Miller at all. My main concern is with the valve guides. They are doing the compression and leakdown. I hope that they go over the entire car with integrity.
    If anyone has a chance to look at the aesthetics, that would be great.

8. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Miller is a good place and will give you a fair answer.

9. papaleo1

papaleo1 Karting

Jun 9, 2002
    Papaleo
    Full Name:
    Louis
    As far as Miller is concerned, they have done all of the service for me (on my 348ts and my 355b) and they have been straight-shooters. Jack is the Service Manager and is an honest guy. The mechanics are top-shelf. I've never felt uncomfortable with anything they have said or done.

If you need another opinion about the aesthetics of the car, I am only a few minutes from there and will be happy to take a look for you.

Let me know.

10. KennyH

KennyH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 13, 2001
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    If possible that'd be great- my friend is going to try to run by tomorrow but as of now, his camera isn't working..

11. Steven_Levy

Steven_Levy Karting

Oct 6, 2003
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve Levy
    Theo-- I am in Westchester, and I will do my best to run by Miller tomorrow afternoon. I should have a camera working. Just give me some details and let me know what you want me to look for.

Steve

12. Steven_Levy

Steven_Levy Karting

Oct 6, 2003
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve Levy
    o, didnt see papaleo1's post. If he can do it, then let him go ahead.

13. KennyH

KennyH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 13, 2001
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Kenny

Thanks Levy. It's a yellow 355 GTS (targa version)-- should be one of the only ones in there and more likely then not in the back service area.

14. theo-m

theo-m Rookie

Dec 26, 2003
    Thanks Guys. If the car is not still at Miller, it may be back at Huntingridge. They are supposedly 5 min. from Miller.
    Exterior/interior pictures would be great.

15. KennyH

KennyH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 13, 2001
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    I hope you know you owe us a ride now :).

16. theo-m

theo-m Rookie

Dec 26, 2003
    Done deal Kenny.

17. theo-m

theo-m Rookie

Dec 26, 2003
    Got thr PPI back from Miller. Entire drive train checked out very well. A few cosmetics popped up.

Worn driver bolster
    leaking rear shocks
    bubbling center concole
    little wear in the carpet
    weak battery
    a few scratches and scuffs in paint
    25% tread left on rear tires
    open holes where three point harness was
    beginnings of light corrosion
    Some squeaks and rattles from top

Two questions:
    Was anyone able to view the car?
    How much of a discount would the issues listed demand?
    Should I forget this one?

18. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

Move on. They said it was outstanding, it's not.

Miller can't find you one? You have a relationship with them and they always have a slew of cars for sale.

19. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    hey theo, ill sell you mine for the right price!
    :)

kenny and some of the other guys can attest to the condition!

20. KennyH

KennyH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 13, 2001
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Kenny

Nicest 355 I've ever seen..

21. theo-m

theo-m Rookie

Dec 26, 2003
    Rickyn
    The car looks great. The problem is that I was trading a 328 GTS as part of the deal. I do not want to go thru the private seller routine. I don't have time for the sifting out of deadbeats. I am most likely relegated to purchasing from a dealer.

22. scott63

scott63 Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    I wouldn't eliminate it yet. Get the dealer to replace the tires, shocks and battery. The worn bolster is common and can easily be redyed, the center console issue is also very common, although about $1,200 to replace and every car will have a few scratches, etc. Try to get them to do the work and drop the price. It's winter and they probably want to move the car. Talk to Mark Starr, he is the owner.

23. theo-m

theo-m Rookie

Dec 26, 2003
    Scott
    You are right. I should give Mark a call to try and work this out. He seems like a straight shooter. We are talking cosmetics only. My issue is that my current vehicle is a consistent local award winner. I hate the thought of going backwards. I guess a little work could be in order.
    Thanks for the advice.