Ferrari SpA, FNA lets chat. | FerrariChat

Ferrari SpA, FNA lets chat.

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by ernie, Jan 30, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ernie

ernie Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    Your customers would like to have a word with you.

2. nberry

nberry Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Their answer will be they have an owner chat site and they do interact and respond to emails from owners.

3. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    I was following until you said "and respond"... have you seen this? I haven't. I have posted numerous questions and never gotten a response from them. At least here, smart people respond.

4. nberry

nberry Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003

They have responded to all my emails. However, more often than not they refer me to my dealer.

5. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Keep yer chin up Brian, or else... I have a feeling we'll all be fighting for the first major on the CS as 'complimentary' and on the house.

6. ernie

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    I just wanted to call them out. They know they will get bombarded with questions they don't wanna answer. Thats why they don't have the guts to make themselves know.

7. WCH

WCH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 16, 2003
    Ernie, no disrespect intended, but would any auto manufacturer respond to a similar invitation? If I were a manufacturer, importer or dealer I might lurk - might, if I thought it helped my sales or customer relations efforts - but why get involved? Once you start fielding questions (mostly complaints), how can you stop without generating bad PR? No doubt there are serious legal issues arising from interacting with clients over the internet. Is it better to try to work out client complaints in public? Does FChat even represent a good cross section of new Ferrari and Maserati purchasers? I just don't see the benefit to Ferrari.

Will

Edit: I also have received prompt responses to messages sent through the owners' site, though admittedly my communications were questions or comments, not complaints.

8. ernie

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    WCH no disrespect taken. I know what you are saying and that is my point. The higher ups at Ferrari consider themselves above us lowly owners. I don't care how big they think they are. When all is said and done they still have to wipe there a$$ just the same as I do after they have stunk up the bathroom.

9. Skelter

Skelter Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    If you browse the Roadfly forums you can see people from BMW posting once in a while and contacting users that have posted about problems.