Here is the latest rumor on the 360 replacement | FerrariChat

Here is the latest rumor on the 360 replacement

Discussion in '360/430' started by nberry, Jan 30, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. nberry

nberry Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
  2. loungedog

loungedog Formula Junior

Nov 6, 2003
    New Market, Ontario
    A new car...wow... that would be something! It looks like the new car will not be available in N/A until late 2005 as a 2006 model.

I would hope that the new Monsa/Modena would have 500 HP with at least 400 lbs of torque...with everything that is coming out in the next year with as much. ie Z06, Viper, Ford GT, Gallardo etc.

I just hope Ferrari keeps the weight down!!

3. Mako99

Mako99 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 29, 2003
    It sounds about right, including the power/weight estimates.

The Enzo design part would be quite a departure for them if accurate, though they've done this sharing of overall looks before with the 512TR/348 being a recent example.

There's never been a more black/white love/hate body design as the Enzo, bringing that drama into their critical mass produced profit maker entry level model is a risk if it's not done correctly.

But at this point I'd take anything over their way too common looking rounded 360/575/612 designs. The Enzo, no matter even if you despise it, was at least a risk, and Ferrari needs a bit more of that to keep my interest.

A Good example is what Lambo/Audi did with the Murci, which while retaining a lot of the overall feel of the Diablo, set out in an entirely new direction in terms of radical design elements. It's a home run. The Gallardo's design is to me as well, and outside of biased F-chatters I haven't heard a single bad thing about it's look yet from any mag reviewer, my exotic owning friends, or internet message boards.

It takes risk to attact dollars in the $150k+ sports car segment, Ferrari has traded off their brand for a while now. Time to bring the "exotic" factor back to the marque.

4. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    Ferrari:

Please don't give it the front end of an Enzo!!!!!! :(

5. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    I don't think it will have the front end of an Enzo but the same rear end ,very possible it will (IMO)

6. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    This is exactly the same information that I heard from the German rental firm. Herr Klotz was at Cavallino last weekend and we spoke about this. He said the car will have 480 horsepower, Enzo styling, and carbo/ceramic brakes (not sure if standard equipment or optional equipment). He's been told that he'll be taking delivery in September 2005.

The fact that we are now hearing basically the same information on a fairly consistent basis is beginning to inspire some confidence in the exact direction of this new car.

Sounds like it's going to be awesome!

7. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    this might be why the factory tours are being shut down - to tool up and work on this thing.

doody.

8. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino

I can deal with that. :)

9. G-force

G-force F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2002
    so california
    Full Name:
    wayne skiles
    Sad that it is such a delayed reaction to the competition!

10. bumboola

bumboola Formula Junior

Mar 7, 2003
    Every two weeks that board has a new rumor of a modified 360 that is DEFINITE- WE KNOW WHAT WE ARE TALKING ABOUT - DON'T BUY THE CURRENT CAR - bull****. That above story is actually a lot closer to the truth, sounds like what I heard from FNA, but whether the car arrives in the US as a 2006 or 2007 model or what it will look like is open to debate. One thing is for sure, we will see a Maranello replacement before we see the Modena replacement.

11. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    My friend has one of those already :) I like the two-tone paint

12. WCH

WCH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 16, 2003
    "we will see a Maranello replacement before we see the Modena replacement"

Can't wait to see this. Based on Scaglietti?

13. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    This is the same story that I heard from my rep 3 weeks ago. This looks like it will be the actual thing then.

14. HGParts

HGParts Formula Junior

Mar 15, 2003
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Heiko from HGParts
    hi

i was in maranello last weekend and i can tell you the new car looks very nice. i saw a picture allready of the cars and it will be this year that we see it. for the visits in maranello even if you get a factory visit you will not see the prototype cars they are on a area you dont get in. the front of the car has a round middle air intake and looks very agresive for the rear the lights of the enzo type that is also true. the back of the car will be bigger and the side airintake too. they told me 465hp i hope they bring it up more till it comes the end of this year.

Heiko
    HGParts
    Sponsor of FerrariChat
    email: [email protected]
    Webshop: http://stores.andale.com/hgparts

15. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
  16. F40

F40 F1 Rookie

Apr 16, 2003
    AZ
    If it will be a mini enzo... shoot it now.

17. rudy

rudy Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2004
    Los Angeles California
    Full Name:
    Rudy Hassen
    I think he bent it.

18. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Only problem is, that by the time it comes out, Lambo will be introducing the Gallardo Sv, and Porsche the 997TT, which will again, more than likely outgun Ferrari. I would love to see a wild Ferrari again though, with crazy styling and speed. Always nice to add another car to my wish list.

19. spyderman

spyderman Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Toronto - Canada
    Full Name:
    Spyderman
    Did you see the interior of the new car...what were the changes??

20. Does anyone have any sneak peaks of any of those three anticipated cars Gallardo SV,997TT,New Modena.

21. cavallino

cavallino Formula Junior

Aug 21, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Alain
    I heard the same thing from a guy who goes to Maranello last week, the body curves of the new Modena will profit from aesthetic progress of the Enzo !

22. HGParts

HGParts Formula Junior

Mar 15, 2003
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Heiko from HGParts

no sorry i was happy to see even something

Heiko
    HGParts
    Sponsor of FerrariChat
    email: [email protected]
    Webshop: http://stores.andale.com/hgparts

23. joeyy

joeyy Karting

Nov 11, 2003
    long island
    Full Name:
    joe
    i don't put the lambo and the 360 in the same class. the 360 is more of a production class which lambo is trying to get into with the Gallardo. the 360 is a proven road car and not as maintinence intensive as the lambos. the new car will set a new standard for them all to chase.
    i just hope it looks good!!

24. ronsupercar

ronsupercar Formula 3

May 2, 2002
    Orlando Fla.
    Full Name:
    4RE-Ron
    To me this is great news. I love the design of the ENZO.

The only question I have is will it have the exotic style doors of the ENZO.

I think it won't. That may stay exclusive to the ENZO alone.

Wishful thinking.

25. ronsupercar

ronsupercar Formula 3

May 2, 2002
    Orlando Fla.
    Full Name:
    4RE-Ron
    I can't wait anymore. The wait is killing me.

Does anyone on this board own a Delorean with a Flux Capasitor.

Please bring back pics.... :)