Looking for a 1/18 black F50... | FerrariChat

Looking for a 1/18 black F50...

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by Scott85, Oct 31, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Scott85

Scott85 Formula 3

Dec 16, 2000
    Dayton , OH
    Looking for the black 1/18 Hot Wheels F50 hardtop. Email me or PM me if you have one for sale.

2. JOEV

JOEV F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 6, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I didn't even know it existed yet. Have you seen it before? Hot Wheels' website is weird - they don't even show all their models that are in the marketplace - I have been trying to get the HW 288GTO for some time now, so if I come across the black F50 hardtop as I keep looking, I'll let you know.

3. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
  4. Scott85

Scott85 Formula 3

Dec 16, 2000
    Dayton , OH

I used to have one , but I can't find anymore except for ones in Canada or Europe.

The one on I-Offer is from August :(

5. ferrarist

ferrarist Formula Junior

Mar 16, 2001
    Istanbul / TURKEY
    Full Name:
    I.K.
    scoot have you seen Bburago's F50? I think it's better than Hotwheels'.
    you can find bburago at www.cavallinomodels.com

6. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Joe V. I got a brand new (but,unboxed) Hotwheels 1:18 scale 288GTO last year at the Chevy/Vettefest in Chicago for $15.00. (Sorry...not for sale) But,I live in the Chicago area,and attend all of the big car shows...Chevy/Vettefest,(next one coming Nov.22nd and 23rd.),World of Wheels,Chicago Auto Show,etc... And,check out the Vendors that are at all of these shows. You NEVER know what you'll find there. I bought 4 different,original,Ferrari 308 posters,mounted on cardboard-VERY cheap- I believe that they were $5.00 a piece. I just had to frame 'em. The 1:18 scale 288GTO. A plastic,build it yourself, 1:24 scale "Magnum P.I." 308GTSi,(Revell),still in original box,and shrinkwrap for $20.00. Lots of little Hotwheels Ferrari's,including a Red/Black 308GTSi. A porcelain covered,metal Ferrari "Cavalino" sign for $20.00. One guy had a "Light up" Ferrari Service sign,which,if it's still there again this year,will be adding to my collection. I even found a nice, 1:24 scale die cast Ferrari 288GTO,from a manufacturer from Spain for $10.00, at a vendor area at the Chicago Auto Show. So,wherever you live. Check out these shows,and their Vendor/Swap areas...you NEVER know what you will find!

7. JOEV

JOEV F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 6, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Thanks red81308, I'll start checking out the shows. Good idea.

I still don't understand Mattel's distribution and marketing method though. Why would you make it difficult for the consumer to buy from you?

8. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I don't know,either. Maybe,just to make them "Rarer",thus,more collectible,thus,driving up the prices. Just like the oil companies do! Also,at a local Holiday Inn here. They,periodically have a model car show,sale and swap. I am going to start looking there,too. My 81 year old Father-in-law wants to try to find a Model/Replica of every car that he's ever owned,then,paint them to look exactly like the ones he had. I am going to try to do that too. My cars will be easier,as,I owned mostly Muscle Cars and 'Vettes,prior to my Ferrari. He's owned '55 and '57 Chevy's ,which should be easy to find. But,he also had a '31 Chevy convertible,and some other old cars.So maybe not so easy. But,we'll try!

9. Scott85

Scott85 Formula 3

Dec 16, 2000
    Dayton , OH
    Found one :)

Mattels marketing of the Ferraris is a bit weird. It seems they release alot of the cars in Europe, but only bring a few here . Some of the harder to find ones - silver F355 Challenge, black 512M, regular 250TR, F355 TS in yellow, etc. They show up on Ebay every now & then, but not that much.

10. rr1973

rr1973 Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    DieCast Collector
    Full Name:
    Ramon Ramirez
    Its true all about Hotwheels, I can't understand why they don't sell their cars by Internet. They can do a fortune with us (Collectors), Re-sellers sell their cars for three time the real value of the car , but anyway I don't know who is the Sales Manager for them. And the Hotwheel web page is terrible to find something .....

11. rr1973

rr1973 Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    DieCast Collector
    Full Name:
    Ramon Ramirez
    This model is very sheap in http:\\www.ebay.com
    The F-50 is very popular and very easy to find . If you need assistance let me know ..
    Ramon.

12. rr1973

rr1973 Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    DieCast Collector
    Full Name:
    Ramon Ramirez
    Sorry is not so easy !! I found in ebay.com and I didn;t a black F50 hard top only spider ....

13. Dana_McCann

Dana_McCann Karting

Nov 10, 2003
    Houston,Texas
    Full Name:
    Dana L. McCann
    Listen up Guys, you can find the Black F50 Hardtop for $20.00 at
    Adkins collectibles.com. If you are looking for the Black 512M you can find it at GPmini.qc around the same price. Speaking of which, i need to add the 512M to my collection. Everyone is correct about Mattel marketing the Ferraris to Europe instead of the States. I have to think though, you have a large market of americans into the import scene and American muscle cars. This could be the reason for the marketing strategy.

14. Scott85

Scott85 Formula 3

Dec 16, 2000
    Dayton , OH

Adkins was the first place I saw the black F50 about a month ago, but its no longer listed on the site.

15. Dana_McCann

Dana_McCann Karting

Nov 10, 2003
    Houston,Texas
    Full Name:
    Dana L. McCann
    Found The Black 512M today at Big Lots for $12.99, in the European Ferrari Box.

16. Mule

Mule F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2003
    Alaska
    Full Name:
    Mule

From the 1:18 Hot Wheels thread:

Dana - I think this will help all of us out for some of the more difficult models. I need the 250 GTO and 250 TR to complete my collection of 1/18 Ferraris until mattel releases their new models for 2004. Use the copy, paste method here.

http://www.muscara.com/Toys/hw118.html

There is a black F50 listed.

17. Scott85

Scott85 Formula 3

Dec 16, 2000
    Dayton , OH

I've seen that one. I've already gotten one, but would like to find some more stateside.