Insurance again | FerrariChat

Insurance again

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by robinh, Jan 31, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. robinh

robinh Formula Junior

Jan 3, 2004
    Cambridgeshire, Engl
    Full Name:
    Robin
    I know insurance is hammered to death but I'd like to know what the experience of high value car insurance is.

I'm currently with Chubb - the policy is great and they seem able to insure anything, but it is a bit expensive.

I'm beginning to look around for requotes as I'm getting a Stradale and this is where the problem comes. Most insurance companies don't seem able to insure a car of this value.

To start with I thought it might be me but no - I'm an old fart, live in a 'safe' part of the world, garage the cars etc. It's just the value they seem worried about and most say they top out at £90k.

Where do you lot who have cars over this value go (other than Chubb)?

2. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J
    Hi Robin,

Im with Norwich Union also paying high premium...and had same probs as you mentioned.

London Victoria gave me a quotation half what im currently paying but was based on book value if the car was totalled.

Theres a thread relating to this on here already..

Joe

3. robinh

robinh Formula Junior

Jan 3, 2004
    Cambridgeshire, Engl
    Full Name:
    Robin
    Yes, read the thread. London and Victoria don't know about the Stradale but also said they wouldn't insure a car of that value.

Priviledge said no 90k top - they underwrite Direct Line, Tesco and others so they would also top out.

Haven't tried Norwich Union but on the 360 Modena last year they cost more than Chubb and the cover was much worse with NU.

4. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J

Ummmm..Strange cos LV was happy to go to 117k on my spider for 2,400

What prob did you have with NU ??

5. 355f

355f Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Why not try classicline.