Corsa and Scuderia | FerrariChat

Corsa and Scuderia

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by robinh, Jan 31, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. robinh

robinh Formula Junior

Jan 3, 2004
    Cambridgeshire, Engl
    Full Name:
    Robin
    Local dealer had two CS's next to each other; one Corsa, one Scuderia. It was raining and grey but I took a couple of pictures that I thought might help show the difference. The same camera and I tried to get the same angle on both. Scuderia on the left , Corsa on the right

2. robinh

robinh Formula Junior

Jan 3, 2004
    Cambridgeshire, Engl
    Full Name:
    Robin
    The Corsa one

3. robinh

robinh Formula Junior

Jan 3, 2004
    Cambridgeshire, Engl
    Full Name:
    Robin
    The Scuderia one

4. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    at long last! a side by side shot. Thanks for the pics.

5. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Scuderia red almost seems to glow;i prefer Scuderia........

6. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J

im with you Tony...can I have both..

7. stradman

stradman Formula 3

Jan 8, 2004
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Stradman
    Now I'm glad I chose scuderia. Many thanks for the pics.

8. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    Hmm..

I prefer Rosso Scuderia!

9. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    #9 Eilig, Jan 31, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Can anyone tell which of these Enzos is Corsa and which is Scuderia? Saw them at Cavallino last weekend. Parked next to each other was a great opportunity to compare. After seeing them together in the sun, for me it's a no brainer: I'd take Scuderia.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    #10 Eilig, Jan 31, 2004
  11. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    This is 67 Rossa Corsa which is different than todays Rossa Corsa and in the sun is brighter and "pops" more like Scuderia. 67 Rossa Corsa also had a touch of violet but still sometimes looks a bit orange. In the end make YOURSELF happy.

12. mrmckay

mrmckay Formula Junior

Jul 14, 2003
    MD, USA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Thanks for the pics.

13. loungedog

loungedog Formula Junior

Nov 6, 2003
    New Market, Ontario
    Robin, your are the man!! I have been trying to make a final call between these two colors on my car! The car is to go into production in the next few days and I was worried about the Scuderia looking too orange. My dealer has a Stradale on the lot but it has been snowing every day and I can not tell what the true color of the car is outside. Thanks for the photo's :)

14. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    I can't get over the color on the P4. Talk about glowing...

15. owsi

owsi Karting

Dec 7, 2003
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Okay, which is which. From the posts I can't tell which name goes with which. I know that in the first post Robinh identifies them. In that post, it looks to me like the Scuderia is the more orange of the two. Later in the thread Eilig posted two pictures that really show the difference between the two, especially the second picture. However, he doesn't say which is which. Finally, Napolis posted a picture and comments that seem to indicate that the more orange of the two is Corsa. Maybe part of the reason I am confused is that it seems like most of the folks that have posted here like the more orange of the two colors, and I am just the opposite. To my eyes, the more orange one looks kind of flat. I saw the Enzos at Cavallino as well, and I didn't especially like the more orange color, so, regardless of the name, my preference is the redder of the two.

16. Napolis

Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    The orange is Scuderia. The red is Rossa. I was just saying that Rossa today is different than Rossa was in 1967. The other problem is males eyes. Red is a poorly seen color for many men esp as they age. Red instrument light is much harder to see than green instrument light for example. My P4 is 1967 Rossa Corsa. I only posted pic to show how Rossa has evolved over the years. In the 50ies it was even darker than it is today. Another problem is photos. Red is very hard to photograph. You must see these colors for yourself in the sunlight to deceide.(IMHO)

17. owsi

owsi Karting

Dec 7, 2003
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Matt
    #17 owsi, Jan 31, 2004
    I completely agree that you need to see them in person to really tell. I guess I am just surprised that people seem to like the Scuderia more. Like I said, to me, it just looks a little dull. Most of the people that I talked with at Cavallino felt the same way about it. I think that was why I was surprised about which one people here liked. That, and they don't agree with me! Arrgh! I hate it when that happens! Oh, well. If truth be told, I am more partial to some of the various blues that are out there anyway. Like this:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

18. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Just strictly in the FWIW category, when I was at the FNA party thrown by Ferrari of Quebec during the last F1 race, Bob Rapp, who has the yellow Enzo that was featured in C&D, had a, ah, engaging discussion with the gentlement who ran the racing team (I forget his name) about how the current verison of Rossa Corsa has never been applied to a street car. Even though Bob insisted that a buddy of his had an Enzo in Rossa Corsa, the race boss was quite insistance that this was impossible.

What I found interesting was not who was right or wrong, but that the guy felt so strongly about the issue. Rossa Corsa was only for the race cars, not for us mere mortals.

Have you ever heard any stories like that?

Dr "Faux Rossa Corsa" Tax

19. Napolis

Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    I think he was refering to inked as opposed to painted color. Modern race cars are inked with a very thin layer of color that would not hold up to street use. This process is very expensive. In additon race cars are sanded and sanded. No filler is used. My P4 is done that way. Street cars have much more paint and filler. The color is therefore different.
    I'm sure when some see my P4 they'll say it's not Rossa Corsa but I believe it's period correct and more importantly I like it.

20. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Hey, if Mikey likes it, that's all that counts...

What do you mean by inked? Is this a super thin layer of paint or do they go down to Office Depot and get a bunch of Marks-A-Lot?

DrTax

BTW, that KO too was really neat. Did you design that or is this something that the race teams used to use?

21. spyderman

spyderman Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Toronto - Canada
    Full Name:
    Spyderman

The Scuderia paint color looks beautiful on a rainy and dull day. It would lift my state of mind just looking at it on a day such as that ;)

Scuderia looks to be the color for me :)

22. shmark

shmark F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Mark
    What I want to know is how much was that numberplate the Corsa car is sporting????? Wow, talk about big money. I'll bet it was almost as much as the car!

Rosso Corsa for me. If I want orange, I want ORANGE, not a halfway attempt to moderate the color.

Mark

23. Napolis

Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    I'm not exactly sure but it's a superlight weight coloring system that the race engineers call "inking".
    The wrench system is an old racers trick.

24. Bobert

Bobert Formula Junior

Jan 17, 2004
    Oak Hill VA
    I have seen both on the Stradale in person. The new color is really orange. It makes my Torch Red corvette (which looks a little orange) look like red! The photo gives you a false read. Don't know why but it does the same on TV. Thanks for posting them.

25. Garretto

Garretto F1 Rookie

Sep 3, 2003
    Bilbao, Spain
    Full Name:
    Rodolfo Di Pietro
    Thanks for posting the pics! At last both colours together!