Just wondering, anyone know where I could get a GTO rebody kit? | FerrariChat

Just wondering, anyone know where I could get a GTO rebody kit?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Auraraptor, Feb 1, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    #1 Auraraptor, Feb 1, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Well not the whole kit, just one part of it.

I just want the tail peice that goes above and around the rear bumper. the part that is circled in green.

Why you ask? It is 6 in the morning and I have been awake for awhile...and getting curious...

In fact for sh!ts and giggles, can someone do a photoshop of my profile pic so that I have the circledpart as part of my car, but retainind the 328 rear bumper?:)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    Hack Photoshop work.

3. Auraraptor

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
  4. CraigFL

CraigFL Formula Junior

Jan 17, 2001
    Panama City, FL
    Full Name:
    Craig
  5. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Actually that was a bit of a hack. If you add that part to your car, you also move your license plate way down and you would have different 'insignia' unless you put the originals back on. GTOs have a black horse and the word 'GTO', so to make it look neater in your case I would use a black horse and just '328'.

To get a more proper look you should go with the black rubber rear bumper.

I'm not trying to beat up on Korr, but what I'm trying to say is, that the changes would be more than what is shown on the picture. The whole lower part of the bumper and muffler would change as well.

6. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    If you could read, you would have noted that he didn't want all that done.

I will, however, keep everything you said in mind for when I mod images for fake Ferrari ebay sales.

Or not.

7. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Welcome to the board btw, we like people with a friendly attitude.

What Auroraptor wants doesn't really exist. That rear part is one unit so you can't just have the part above the bumper. You would have to cut the C form apart, not easy and even more difficult to install. If you want to go with that rear part, then the fenders have to come off as well, which will widen the wheelbase by 4 inches. Regardless the license plate goes down below.

If this is just about the rear wing lip, that one can actually be purchased as one stand alone piece from the shop in Long Island (if interested I can dig up their website).

But there is no kit or part that would do what is on the photo. Not with those three cooling ducts and no fender widening (unless you cut them yourself into the existing fenders).

8. Auraraptor

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    tifosi12, indeed you are right. I really just wanted to see what my car would look like with gills now on refection...

9. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I had once a similar idea for my 308, but if I would change it, I would do the whole C frame modification. Just cutting gills into non widened fenders looks weird and is a hassle from a rust etc perspective.

But hey, all is possible: I once saw a 328 with a 288 Evoluzione rear and a Koenig wing on top (instead of the Evo wing). I liked it, purists probably puked. It was actually at Cavallino, but they didn't let the car participate, it just sat in the parking lot.
    :)

10. ernie

ernie Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    Auraraptor if you are serious I know who you can talk to.

11. djs308

djs308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2002
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    David S.
  12. mk e

mk e F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    The twilight zone
    Full Name:
    The Butcher
    Ohh.....I could get myself in trouble with stuff from that web site.....way way cool