355 Tubi or not 2b | FerrariChat

355 Tubi or not 2b

Discussion in '348/355' started by 355f, Feb 1, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 355f

355f Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Well with all the raves about Tubi I took the plunge about a year ago on my 355.

I never liked the stock exhaust for sure, very quiet at idle and not enough zest up top.

The Tubi fixes these issues at a cost. That cost is cabin resonance.

Am I alone in having this opinion of a Tubi on a 355?? its worst at 2/3 K.

If your just out for a quick blast its bearable for to use the car for distance its not something im keen to continue with.

Question is what does one do?? capristo?? anyone fitted this and can tell me direct comparison?? fuchs??

Would be great to have some real comments rather than I love my tubi ones please!!

2. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    All comes down to preference. I wouldnt mind Having that rumble at highway speeds when its low into a gear. I think its aweasome. But as for some people theyd rather it just not be like that.

3. Diablo

Diablo Formula Junior

The only thing you can do is place the stock one back on and wire the bypass valve open.

With aftermarket parts, you give a little to get what you want.

I have been in a F50 with a full Tubi system, what a blast, but don't try and talk to the person next to you at any speed...

Good Luck with your decision.

4. HGParts

HGParts Formula Junior

Mar 15, 2003
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Heiko from HGParts
    i have the capristo on my 355 and im very very happy that i went with it. tubi is a good system also fuchs but i went with the capristo because it has the special sound no system makes the special high pitch F1 sound. maybe you dont here it so good in the files i made but in real just awesom. it was so good when i first started the car i even went without the bumper on the car just to here it fully under power.

Heiko
    HGParts
    Sponsor of FerrariChat
    email: [email protected]
    Webshop: http://stores.andale.com/hgparts

5. snj5

snj5 F1 World Champ

Feb 22, 2003
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Russ Turner
    FWIW
    Although on a 3.2, my tubi was also a bit boomy - great when you are in the mood, but I use mine on trips and commute and not just for track or terrorizing myself.
    My research led me to Larini (www.larinisystems.com) which uses a different technology. The Tubis use what is called an 'acoustic box' which gives that modern screaming sound at high rpms. Larini uses a more classic free flow technology that is also free flow but with a lower tone without the boom and a bit lower volume advertised. They do a lot of Lamborghinis.
    They (David Clark) have been great to work with on the phone and the price for a complete system, including s/s header manifold was quite reasonable - less expensive than Tubi for sure. They will tailor the system to do and look basically whatever the customer tells them, and go great lengths to ensure satisfaction.
    Just my experience so far. You have more vendor options with a 355, so am sure you can find what you need.
    Good luck.
    rt

6. MurcieMurcie

MurcieMurcie F1 Rookie

Jan 31, 2004
    I had Tubi on my '98 355 and had the same problem. I had a girl on a date complain all night about the noise so on our second date we took her Camry:rolleyes::p

7. TimF40

TimF40 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Seattle/Bay Area/NYC
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Noooo, that's just not right... :-(

8. Ed P.

Ed P. Formula 3

Dec 28, 2002
    Long Island
    Full Name:
    No Longer
    Russ, What are you doing with your old exhaust?

9. snj5

snj5 F1 World Champ

Feb 22, 2003
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Russ Turner
    Ed
    Will probably put up for sale once the Larini is installed this spring.
    best
    rt

10. Ed P.

Ed P. Formula 3

Dec 28, 2002
    Long Island
    Full Name:
    No Longer
    Let me know.....

11. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    Heiko,
    Where is the link to the sound files that you made? Thanks, Jerry.

12. Noelrp

Noelrp Formula Junior

Aug 30, 2001
    SSF
    Full Name:
    Noel
    I thought I was alone on this. The resonance in my 348 at freeway speed (60-70mph) was very intrusive.

I ended up selling the tubi & installed a set of tubi testpipes instead.

13. HGParts

HGParts Formula Junior

Mar 15, 2003
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Heiko from HGParts

just send me an email on the link below then i will send you the files

Heiko
    HGParts
    Sponsor of FerrariChat
    email: [email protected]
    Webshop: http://stores.andale.com/hgparts

14. rossofiorano355

rossofiorano355 Karting

Dec 22, 2003
    NOLA - Bham
    Full Name:
    Ron

Cabin resonance is the reason I have retained the stock exhaust. Not for me, but for my passengers.