Pocher TR trunk/bonnet hinges....? | FerrariChat

Pocher TR trunk/bonnet hinges....?

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by carguy, Feb 1, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. carguy

carguy F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2002
    Alabama (was Mich.)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    I recently aquired a Pocher Testarossa for a decent price....but the model has some issues. The trunk and engine lid hinges are very flimsy. On my other 1:18 scale models the hood and trunk stay up when you open them...is it supposed to be that way with the Pocher model too? I've always wanted one of the Pocher models, and now that I have one I am somewhat disappointed at the details. It seems that some areas have nice and acurate detail while others are very "generic" in appearance. Any Pocher owners out there care to share some tips? Thank You.

2. Prowler

Prowler Karting

Jan 10, 2004
    Glendale,Arizona
    Full Name:
    Matt
    the modern pochers are lacking somewhat in good honest representative detail in some areas.the worst yet is the porsche.if i have questions or issues i try to get in touch with brady at this website....

http://www.scaleautoworks.com/

he has lots of stuff on there for pocher kits.hope this helps....

matt

EDIT::: this is a link to a forum that may help you out some.

http://wc1.worldcrossing.com/WebX?1@@.eebc28c

3. djs308

djs308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2002
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    David S.
    Carguy, it's true, the details are not at the same quality level as the original Pocher models. I have (and built) both the TR and F40 models. While I liked the experience of building them and having them on display, I too, was disappointed with some of the parts. My F40's front bonnet strut snapped like a twig. They made that part out of very thin plastic. It should have been metal, or at least stronger plastic. Both cars had other minor issues which I had to live with (ie: suspension that makes it look like I lowered it).

The transkits that are for sale for these models may be able to fix some of these problems, but the kits are EXPENSIVE, are rare and require a very high level of skill to assemble.

Despite the problems, I'd buy both again as it's the biggest model of an F40 and TR I'm likely to own!!