Chicagoland Ferrari 2004 Calendar | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Chicagoland Ferrari 2004 Calendar

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by tifosi12, Nov 3, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Hi,Andreas. How about the Oakbrook show. It's normally one of the last Sundays in June. I don't know which. Might want to ask Mike E.

2. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I'm just waiting for Mike E. to get back to me with the FCA calendar. If he has the dates by the end of this week, they'll make our calendar, including Oakbrook.

The problem he has is, that with the new GP dates for Indy and Montreal, the FCA calendar gets a reshuffling for next year as well.

3. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    First reaction to the calendar from Anthony from the UK:

"Love the calendar! I'll have to get over to Chicago soon."

I have received the first batch of ten calendars and started handing them out to friends. They all love them. No surprise really.

4. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Looks like my birthday will fall on the same day as the Grand Prix of Italy. Ahem.

5. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    The dice has been cast: 79 calendars will be made. Of course I wanted a Ferrari like odd number, 80 would have been too easy...
    :)

Next week I'll get the first calendar for proof "reading". Included all our dates and a few tentative ones from FCA Illinois section, courtesy of our president Mike E.

6. Daryl

Daryl Formula 3

Nov 10, 2003
    Barrington Hills, IL
    Full Name:
    Daryl Adams
    Andreas-

Have you made arrangements for collecting monies and distributing the calendars? I want to make sure I get you my bucks so I can be assured of getting the calendars in time for the Holidays. My little nephew is going to flip out when he sees this. Daryl

7. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Myself,also. How about at the Batavia party? Don't think we'll make it to the FCA party. Don't forget. I'll need 4 or 5. (what I originally committed to)

8. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    The price will be $ 15. Shipping (if I have to) is probably another couple of bucks.

I'll try to be at both X-mas partys, the FCA one and the Charly Fox one. But can only make it there if it doesn't snow...

Anyway, you guys can pay me with cash, personal checks or on-line to my paypal accouncom[/email]

9. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Didn't you say that you had tire chains? THAT,I gotta see! A Ferrari,with tire chains,plowing through the snow!

10. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Actually I had the chains back in Switzerland on my other cars and I had to use them on my driving exam. Nothing spectacular about those. Driving on them sucks as you have to drive a lot slower, feels like a tank. And it is the worst once the snow is gone, you just crinch as you're ruining your chains. The biggest hassle was putting them onto your Army truck. The chains alone weighed almost more than I could carry.

They're ruining here all the winter fun with the salt. Apart from that I would even drive my Ferrari on snow. Put some snow tires on with deep tracks, even spikes and narrow width (that's what people do in Europe, everybody has a summer and a winter set of tires) and out you go, powersliding in every corner! Would be a blast and safe as long as you don't hit anything. Heck I even did handbrake turns on snow. It is a blast!

So *IF* we get some snow and no salt trucks to kill it off, I'm gonna find me a big empty parking lot and a good photographer...

11. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    LOL! Yes,I remember "back when",when we changed our tires over from "Regular" tires,to big,clunky,"Snow" tires,every winter. Yes,lots of fun changing 4 tires in the freezing cold! But,to be honest with you,I DO NOT MISS IT!!!! Just like Ice Fishing. I used to LOVE to go Ice Fishing every Winter. We'd stay out on a frozen lake all day. But,now,you couldn't PAY ME to do it! Not even once,for "old times sake". I'll just hold on to those wonderful memories! :)

12. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Andreas. I am going over to see my Brother-in-law Thursday. So,I'll know ,for sure then,when. It really shouldn't take much time at all. Who knows. Maybe he can even do it then.