355 Challenge Exhaust vs Tubi | FerrariChat

355 Challenge Exhaust vs Tubi

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by ferrari355gtb, Nov 11, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ferrari355gtb

ferrari355gtb Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    R
    Will the Challenge exhaust give the same kind of noise as a Tubi ?

Any advantages from one or the other ? (ie weight/cost/noise/fitting/looks etc.)

Does anyone know if they are made from stainless steel ?

Thanks

2. pma1010

pma1010 F1 Rookie

Jul 21, 2002
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Philip
    This has been covered before - suggest you check the archives.

Having heard both, the 355 challenge exhaust is WAY louder and would likely invite unwanted attention on the street. As this was a challenge car, no cats. The Tubi sounds sweet, on the track or the street (to my ear, music, but each to their own etc).

3. FLATOUTRACING

FLATOUTRACING F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2001
    East Coast
    Full Name:
    Jon K.
    Living in the UK there is no way you could get away with running a Challenge exhaust on the street even if it's the "quiet" Challenge exhaust.

I have had both the Tubi Sport on my 355 (when it was a street car) and of course now have a Tubi GT3 Race exhaust. Also had the "loud" Challenge exhaust installed at one time.

The Tubi street exhaust has a good sound to it with a deep low down burble followed by a nice high pitched wine at high rpms. I would guess that max. db's are around 95+

A quiet Challenge exhaust is about 102-103 db's and the loud exhaust is closer to 110+.

Neither of the Challenge exhausts has any high pitched wine the street Tubi makes.

I think you would get tired very quick of the Challenge exhaust in day to day street driving assuming you get even make it street legal.

Regards,

Jon P. Kofod
    1995 F355 Challenge #23
    www.flatoutracing.net