Thinking of Trading in my 01 550 for a Murcielago | FerrariChat

Thinking of Trading in my 01 550 for a Murcielago

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by F5506M, Feb 1, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F5506M

F5506M Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Ray
    What is everyone's opinion on the switch? What is fair market value for a 2003 Murcielago.

2. Mako99

Mako99 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 29, 2003
    This is going to be a popular theme this year I'd imagine as used Murcis come onto the market in bigger quantities. Until Ferrari replaces the Maranello it's a no brainer: Murci all the way.

As far as fair market value I'd say based on a quick look around that a 2003 with low milage is going to run around $200 - $225k.

3. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I think a Murcielago is a better car overall, but not worth the extra $100k. If money doesn't mater or you wait until used Murci's go for 550 prices, then I understand.

4. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    Diablo 6.0 is still trading for 150K or so (correct me if I am wrong). I hope Murcis drop lower and lower but part of me feels they won't get as low as 550s.

5. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    The only hard part is picking the best color for the Lambo, what color do you like?

6. johnw

johnw Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2002
    toronto
    Full Name:
    john
    hmmm, i'm thinking of trading in my 02 360 for an 02 murci this spring. the prices of the murci's are coming down to the point where they are tough to pass up.

7. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    Go for it.

8. AEHaas

AEHaas Formula 3

May 9, 2003
    Osprey, Florida
    Full Name:
    Ali E. Haas
    The best choice here is to have one of each! Keep the 550 and get a Murcie.

aehaas

9. marcos

marcos Formula 3

Dec 30, 2003
    Zuid-Holland - Nethe
    Full Name:
    Marc den D.
    I thought this is a Ferrari Community...

...why is everybody talking about trading an F-car for an Lambo!? Even if the murcie is newer and is a better car to drive. Smart people do not trade an F-car for an other brand... ...the only reason I would want a lambo, is for pimping!!!

But that is just a humble opinion of course.

Ciao,
    Marc

10. MurcieMurcie

MurcieMurcie F1 Rookie

Jan 31, 2004
    There are alot of '02 cars that can be bought for low $200's and several brand new '03s that you can name your price because they are not going to move for anything near retail...You are talking about 2 totally different animals. A physician i work with has a 550 as a daily driver and never has any issues with attention. With a Murcie you will have every person with a camera want to sit in it and take a pic etc. Plus I have yet to meet a Lambo owner that has'nt been followed by some unsavory characters with possible ill intentions...Either way best of luck and you can't go wrong:D :cool:

11. wings

wings Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2003
    [How is your Murcielago running?

QUOTE=MurcieMurcie]There are alot of '02 cars that can be bought for low $200's and several brand new '03s that you can name your price because they are not going to move for anything near retail...You are talking about 2 totally different animals. A physician i work with has a 550 as a daily driver and never has any issues with attention. With a Murcie you will have every person with a camera want to sit in it and take a pic etc. Plus I have yet to meet a Lambo owner that has'nt been followed by some unsavory characters with possible ill intentions...Either way best of luck and you can't go wrong:D :cool:[/QUOTE]

12. whart

whart F1 Veteran
    Honorary

Dec 5, 2001
    Grandview NY
    Full Name:
    Herr Prof.
    My biggest concern would be service, since the dealers i have seen don't know squat. But, i like the car, and after 2 550's, i also went for a change. So, let us know what you come up with servicewise in the greater NY area; i'd be curious. I also like the 6.0, but from what i understand, the transmission is vastly improved on the Murcie. Then, again, where's Allan when you actually need him?

13. AEHaas

AEHaas Formula 3

May 9, 2003
    Osprey, Florida
    Full Name:
    Ali E. Haas
    Order a new Murcie, have it made your way. Maybe you will then like it more and keep it longer.

14. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Murci. no question about it.

15. Tyler

Tyler F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2001
    dusty old farm town
    Full Name:
    Tyler
    Get the Murcie.

16. shelbee

shelbee Guest

Why not 575M?? At least it will not depreciate too much.

17. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Last guy that said that, i found a 03 red/tan for 175,000. IS that slight depreciation for you?

18. shelbee

shelbee Guest

Allan, It sounds like a great deal. Can you give me the phone number??

Hope no accident history. I will pay cash for that price

19. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    It was listed on Ferrariads. Was reported to be perfect, low miles.

20. shelbee

shelbee Guest

Looked like has been taken off the list. The lowest I have seen so far is at www.laautogallery.com for $194k, 575M F1 with 15,000 miles

21. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    This was an 03. I remember the car. It was like 2 months ago maybe. Someone else here was shouting how fantastic the 575 was in resale, so i showed them this one listed, and the arguement ended.

Your car is listed for 194, they will take much less. In any respect, approx 75,000 loss in less than a year. Great resale.

22. F5506M

F5506M Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Ray
    I am being offered a brand new 04 what should i look to pay for it? Also i am looking at prices where are the car listed between 200-225k?

23. Clax

Clax Formula 3

Oct 3, 2002
    Murcie, no question. Say what you want about "pimping" or whatever. You can also add to the list of "why you would buy a Murcie":

Slaying just about anything that moves, short of an Enzo or CGT
    580+HP
    Torque
    Quality (much improved from previous Lambo's)
    V12
    Did I say torque?
    Oh yeah, and pimping

24. It's pimpin` not pimping.

25. AEHaas

AEHaas Formula 3

May 9, 2003
    Osprey, Florida
    Full Name:
    Ali E. Haas
    If you order a brand new car, custom colors and interior you will have to wait 5 months to get it but it will be worth the wait. You should be able to get 10k off sticker at least.

aehaas