Super Bowl - best ever? | FerrariChat

Super Bowl - best ever?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Crawford, Feb 1, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Crawford

Crawford Formula 3

Mar 5, 2003
    Nashville, TN
    Full Name:
    Crawford White
    I'm a fan of neither team, but I've got to say that was the most exciting Super Bowl I remember seeing. I've never seen so many successful scoring drives in such a short amount of time.

That's what the Super Bowl should be - more entertaining than the halftime show.

2. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    We had 2 & 9 in our square pool at work, but the other way. Cost us $100K, so personally I think the game could have been a bit better. Pretty good otherwise though.

3. Agent Smith

Agent Smith Formula 3

Apr 20, 2002
    It's the first time in a while that I can remember a really close game like that. I mean, it really could have gone either way right up to the end. It was a lot better than what we usually get - a blowout in the first half and a boring second half. I kind of wanted to see Carolina win because they are a newer team. But it was a cool game nonetheless. And I don't usually care for football.

4. KMS

KMS Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 22, 2003
    I wasn't a fan of either team but this was certainly an exciting Super Bowl.

5. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Down to the final seconds, just as it should be. Each defense played until they had no steam left - each offense finally took advantage.

6. MikeZ_NJ

MikeZ_NJ Formula 3

Dec 10, 2002
    Southern NJ
    Full Name:
    Mike Z.
    That's exactly why it was such a BORING game. Nothing happened for the majority of the game, it was downright sloppy for most of the first half, and it was only interesting for a total of about 5 or 10 minutes.

7. TCM

TCM Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2003
    Tyngsborough, MA
    Mike:

How can you say that? A definesive struggle is better then a shootout IMHO. Just like a pitching duel in baseball is better then a homerun contest. To see two defensive teams play as hard as they did was amazing. The line work by both teams was amazing. New England's offensive line did a great job controlling the Carolina d-line and Carolina was picking up most of New England's stunts. This game had a bit of everything in it. Best SuperBowl in some time.

8. MikeZ_NJ

MikeZ_NJ Formula 3

Dec 10, 2002
    Southern NJ
    Full Name:
    Mike Z.
    You know, since writing that this morning, I did go back through the game and think about it. The more I looked at it, the more I realized I enjoyed the second half. It was exciting. I thought the first half was pretty dull until the last 3 minutes, though.

9. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    I watched for about 1 quarter, then went flipping around looking for something to catch my intrest, comming back ever 10 minutes or so.

Summary: nothing happened in the first half, almost nothing happened in the first 20 minutes of the second half. Sort of like watching a NASCAR race.