1:64 NNO Registry... | FerrariChat

1:64 NNO Registry...

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by 134282, Feb 2, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    So i started it; now i just need to finish it before i can start organizing it... i'm not sure how to organize it; do i do it by country or by order of serial number or series number (001/399, 002/399, etc.) or what...? Any suggestions... i plan to ditch the Post-It! notes once the registry is completed, i'm just unsure of what to replace them with... Maybe i'll use a label maker, i'm not sure... Lastly, i'd like to keep all the cars in the packages but in reality, not all 399 NNOs are red; anyone have any suggestions for that, as well...?
    Lastly, i just need the rest of the information; i guess i have to wait some of it out, since all of the NNOs haven't even been built yet... Any information anyone can contribute would be very helpful; thank you... Here's a few pictures of what i have so far...
    61 known NNOs so far... Some of them ONLY have a serial number; others have a serial number, color combination, series number, owner, location, etcetera...
    Also, if anyone has any ideas they think would be cool for this, don't hesitate to throw them in... Thanks... :)

1 of 4...

2. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
  3. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
  4. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
  5. prohydro

prohydro Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Christian
    There's a way to remove the plastic so that you can take the car out, paint it, and then put it back in the plastic. I'll have to look around for it, or you might find it through Google. It involves putting some kind of solvent on the back of the package so it dissolves the glue holding the plastic and cardboard. When you want to put it back together, just glue the plastic back on.

Look for links to hotwheels sites, I think that's a pretty old trick. I myself would go in serial number order, kind of cool to look and see the progression of where they've gone. Labels are good, but are you going to try and update it once they've been sold? You could use two pieces of magnetic strip. Put the label on one, and the second one on the back of cardboard so that it holds the label magnet there. No holes in the cardboard, and nothing sticky to remove either.

Do you have 399 cars yet?

6. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Hey, that sounds like a good idea; i'll search for some sites and see what i come up with; thanks...

LOL, not even close... i'm closing in on 100... No matter, the information is more important than the cars; i'm really taking my time with acquiring 399; the information is key and there are still some NNOs that haven't even been built yet; i have time...

7. tvrfreak

tvrfreak F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 31, 2003
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    F K
    Set up a database on a computer. You can sort it and view it in any order you like. The physical cars you can just number and keep in any order you like, or enter the number in your database and it will tell you how to sort them for lists arranged by vin#, model year, owner's last name in descending order, country first sent to, country last sold to, etc.

You can cut a flap with a razor to get the cars out and back in.

I have to say, however, that this does not seem to be an activity that will help you get closer to your own personal Enzo. A real one. Are you sure the time investment is worthwhile?

8. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Faisal, i'm already toying with database ideas for a Ferrari registry - not just NNOs, but rather ALL Ferraris... That has to wait until i get a new computer and can afford the database; i don't want to use the one we have at work and would prefer new software, entirely, not something that's been used for a few years already...

Incising flaps on the backs of the packages to remove and re-insert the NNOs is a good idea; sounds far less soaked of tedium and time consumption; definitely an idea to take into consideration...

Lastly, no, the time investment is NOT worthwhile; however, this will all be done on my spare time... Sort of a hobby, i guess... Something to keep my sane... :)

9. Jay GT4

Jay GT4 F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2001
    La mamma dei fessi
    Full Name:
    e sempre incinta
    Are you gonna do interior colors as well? Maybe you could offer the cars as limited "Carbon" editions to the owners with a full line of customization.

Seems like it would make you insane rather than sane though. :)

10. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    LOL...

Jay, it would be just short of impossible to do the interiors - how would i get in there...? How do i get the cars apart without breaking them so i can get them back together...?

11. Jay GT4

Jay GT4 F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2001
    La mamma dei fessi
    Full Name:
    e sempre incinta
    I thought that there were tiny screws on the bottom. That's how I take apart my 1/18 models to customize them.

12. prohydro

prohydro Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Drill out the rivets on the underside of the car...it takes a little practice and finesse, but they come apart somewhat easily. I've worked on a few custom hotwheels, and you can take some apart easier than others.

13. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    The 1:64s...?

14. Jay GT4

Jay GT4 F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2001
    La mamma dei fessi
    Full Name:
    e sempre incinta
    Carbon, here is a pic of the invite I received to go look at the Enzo before it was released or viewed by the press here in Toronto. If I can find another I'll send it to you.

15. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Carbon, do you want a hot wheels enzo to practice on? red, not in box. Let me know your address

16. dogue

dogue Formula Junior

Sep 2, 2001
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Terry
  17. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Jay, that's awesome, thank you so much...! How'd you get to go see it before the press...?

K5, i have a few i can practice on, but thank you for your offer; it would cost more to ship from the UK than the cars cost in the store...

Dogue, thanks, i'll check it out; nice avatar...

18. dogue

dogue Formula Junior

Sep 2, 2001
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Terry