Anyone here buy my 355 from Lancaster? | FerrariChat

Anyone here buy my 355 from Lancaster?

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by julian, Nov 11, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. julian

julian Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Julian
    I sold my 355 F1 spider to Lancaster Colchester, end of 2002, it was Rosso Corsa, Nero leather, with Rosso carpets.

Just wondered if anybody here bought it?

2. Modificata

Modificata F1 Rookie

Apr 27, 2003
    Hampton, England
    Full Name:
    Andy Rasool
    I didnt buy it.

I just looked at your profile and saw you are obviously a big Porsche fan who also bought a Ferrari. How come you sold it? Not what you expected? Just curious...

3. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J
    Adnaan,

Did you see early Mondial for sale at Verdi?? Thought you were looking for one from your earlier Post..

Its on their Website Verdi.co.uk

4. Modificata

Modificata F1 Rookie

Apr 27, 2003
    Hampton, England
    Full Name:
    Andy Rasool
    Joe

I went to see Verdi on last Tuesday and then on Saturday.

The car seems sound. 33K miles. FSH. Will be serviced etc etc. But if every time I go the car is not gonna be there I might as well look elsewhere. I also prefer the darker colours in the early mondial models, although im definately a ROsso Corsa man in the 2 seater cars.

I'll probably go down again on the weekend. This time I'll tell him to confirm when he gets the car back in to save myself yet another wasted journey.

5. julian

julian Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Julian
    I still am a big fan of both Porsche and Ferrari. The reason I bought the 355 was kind of on a whim. And whilst i loved the car which was an absolutely beautiful example, it was a bit impractical for a daily driver which was fine if you want to have 2 supercars sitting around, but I didn't (at the time). Then my build date for the 996tt came through and seemed logical to lose the Ferrari and use the Porsche day in day out. After all the 996tt is faster, handles better, and gives the feeling of effortless reliability even when used for a daily 8 mile commute, whilst being able to show a clean pair of heels to 99 % of other sports cars in any situation.

Before I get savaged by the Tifosi, I will say that the 355 Spider is IMHO the best looking car ever, and the one I had, never had any major problems other than silly design faults (like having to take off the front wheel to get to the battery). And at some point in the future i will definitely be getting another Ferrari. My current favourite being the 360 CS.