F-Chat Sponsors - who supports them, who doesn't and why | FerrariChat

F-Chat Sponsors - who supports them, who doesn't and why

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by juanito308, Jan 31, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. juanito308

juanito308 Karting

Mar 7, 2003
    Littleton, Colorado
    Full Name:
    John
    Thought it might be interesting to get a feel for how well the F-Chat community supports F-Chat sponsors. How many users have used F-Chat sponsors or even just inquired about a product or service? Was your experience good, bad, or indifferent? If you haven’t supported a sponsor or will not support a sponsor, let’s hear the details.

I’ll start. I got my package in the mail the other day from Hill Engineering. I had to order an entire set of lug bolts for my '79 308 GTB as the previous owner(s) had installed bolts that were too short. Anyway, just wanted you to know what a pleasure it was doing business with Paul and his company. The bolts arrived as promised and he even aided in the current exchange rate fiasco that is impacting UK businesses and US customers.

I try to do business with all of the F-Chat sponsors when the opportunity avails itself. Jack at Ferrari Stuff, Mike at Superformance UK, and the guys at Ferrari UK have all been very nice to deal with. They have been gracious in dealing with my numerous inquiries and never seem put-off that I have not purchased anything (yet). Martin at Cavallino Motors contributes good bits and will find himself on my short list when planning to upgrade/expand my F-car family. On the same subject, Sean Harris and his staff in SLC, UT also receive high praise. I have never bought anything from Sean but he nevertheless takes the extra effort to make me want to do business with him in the future.

Thanks Rob for surrounding us with quality businesses and people.

2. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    I always look at the Fchat sponsor list first to find a source for whatever... I'll still shop around for a better deal in some cases... but an Fchat sponsor always gets my first look.

All my maintenance $$ to date has gone to Norwood... they're the best. And I've bought stuff from many others. Have been happy with all. FWIW.

3. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    Hi John,
    Good to hear your bolts came in okay. I have had similar experiences dealing with some of our suppliers. Nice to know 'service' still exists in some areas of the business world.

DJ

4. juanito308

juanito308 Karting

Mar 7, 2003
    Littleton, Colorado
    Full Name:
    John

Yea, the bolts look great; they look just like the pics on Hill's website (wysiwyg). All the snow we've had recently though makes it tough to test them! Now all I have to do is put Mike to the test @ Superformance.

5. Agent Smith

Agent Smith Formula 3

Apr 20, 2002
    I'm not a F-car owner (yet) so all I've looked for is books and stuff. But I've always tried here first. When I get my F-car, I'll always try a sponser of this site first. They help keep this place up and running....and I've learned far more than I could ever repay.

Glad to hear of the positive experiences with some of these companies.

6. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    What he said.

7. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    Ive purchased many parts from ferrari UK and they are great to deal with. ill be buying more from them in the future. I would rather deal with them than the dealer where I live, much better prices and they tend to have anything I ask for.

8. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

#8 dm_n_stuff, Feb 1, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Leatherique.

Nice people, great product.

Got a shipment lost by USPS, they re-shipped same day by Fedex. Fedex smushed the box, Leatherique sent ANOTHER REPLACEMENT same day.

And the stuff works!!! rejuvenate, clean, prep, dye.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. racedecknc

racedecknc Karting

Nov 24, 2003
    Winston Salem
    Full Name:
    Ed
    damn, that's impressive!

Ed

10. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    I support our fchat-sponsor HEIKO from hgparts.
    Bought a lot of stuff ther:D
    Always very friendly, fast & knowledgeable. He does not only sell parts - he loves & drives since many years himself Ferrari.

Thanks for all the good deals Heiko!

A very satisfied customer.

Wolfarossa
    FORZA FERRARI

11. Eric308gtsiqv

Eric308gtsiqv Formula 3

Nov 26, 2001
    Orange Park, Florida
    Full Name:
    Eric Eiland
    To date, I've done business with Cavallino Motors, Leatherique, Ferrari UK -- and it was an absolute pleasure dealing with them all! I've also spoken with SodaComs...and, although they didn't have what I was looking for at the time, they were extremely helpful and cordial, and I'd gladly do business with them in the future. Like others here, I always check with the sponsors here first before searching elsewhere.

12. udalmia

udalmia Guest

heiko from hgparts, excellent would be an understatement

13. LouB

LouB Formula 3

Apr 15, 2001
    FL, OR
    Very satisfied with 360 pads from Sodacom at a great price.

14. HGParts

HGParts Formula Junior

Mar 15, 2003
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Heiko from HGParts
    Hello my dear friends & customers,

thanks a lot for all those kind words; I m embarrassed!

Its always a honour & pleasure for me to serve my customers.

Thank you!

Heiko
    HGParts
    Sponsor of FerrariChat
    email: [email protected]
    Webshop: http://stores.andale.com/hgparts

15. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    I have purchased from Hill, Valence, and Sodacom, and in each case very happy. I would have not even known of this suppliers without this forum, So Im grateful they are here. I plan to redo my garage this spring and racedeck gets the first call.

16. MARQ

MARQ Formula 3

Feb 9, 2002
    East Coast US
    Full Name:
    Marq
    Same here....absolutely.

Have done business with Sodacom's, Ferrari UK, Hill Engineering, and Leatherique. I have been extremely pleased with all!

17. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    So far I have done business with Sodacom's, Ferrari UK, and Hill Engineering and I have been very happy with all three! :)

18. dogue

dogue Formula Junior

Sep 2, 2001
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Terry
    I have inquired to use two different sponsors emailed them with questions and never received a response. It doesn't discourage me though I still look at the sponsors here first.

19. ntol

ntol Karting

Dec 19, 2003
    Clemmons, NC
    Full Name:
    Neil
    As a sponser here, I would do whatever I could to help out a member.

20. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    PM me which two please. The one that was famous for not responding didn't renew after being a long time sponsor. They were good, just not always the most responsive.

21. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    It is always a pleasure to talk to F-Chatters.
    Have been meeting quite a few in the years as well and have been impressed by all.

Martin
    www.4Ferrari.com

22. dogue

dogue Formula Junior

Sep 2, 2001
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Terry
    You have Mail.

23. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    My experiance with the sponsers:

Used:
    Hill Engineering - Rediculous number of emails and personal help, ordered pedal set and knob as well. Not a 10/10, 15/10!!

Mensi - Bought my tubi for my 328; 10/10

Nick's Forza - he made my cat-by-pass, very helpful 10/10

Sodacom - Made small orders for poster, oil filter, etc; often use to check prices

Will use soon:

Ferrari UK - soon get some parts; insanely helpful 10/10 thus far

Wide World of Cars, soon to be the primary servicer of my car.

Valence USA, soon to help me with CF parts in the spring.

24. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    On Hill Engin. again, http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4426 that is what I mean, that is just one of a few threads that he really helped me in; not to mention well over 30 long complicated emails, and a 5 or so private messages.

Together we determined that I can not use his spacers to adapt the wheels, and still dispite not being able to use his product he has been insanely helpful. My door is open to him if ever comes to the States!

Thanks so much Paul!