New Revo software for Audi | FerrariChat

New Revo software for Audi

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by AnotherDunneDeal, Feb 2, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AnotherDunneDeal

AnotherDunneDeal F1 Veteran

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    Just spoke with Don Istook of Istook Automotive who races Audis nationally. Randy Posbst is driving for him this year in the GS class in Grand Am.

Revo has come up with a new software that does not require a chip for installation and flash loads straight to the ECU through a port. In his S4, 2001 model, it increased the torque 40 ft lbs and the h/p 30. This is a huge increase for a retail cost of $399 and supposedly cannot be detected by the factory computers. They also have it set up so you can get a 5 hour free download that erases itself after five hours to allow you to drive the car and see if you like it or not before purchasing. Sound really cool. They can also install an on/off switch that will allow you to toggle between stock and performance settings.
    Cost is $399 for 4 cylinders, $499 for 6 cylinders and $599 for V8. They even have one for the new RS6. With it, the horsepower increased from 450 to slightly over 500. And all for $599. Any of you with Audis might look into this.

Istook was running 2nd in class on Friday behind the 1st place Porsche and he said they were pacing themselves and could have passed the Porsche but unfortunately broke a left rear CV about an hour into the race. Did a 2.05 qualifying lap in the S4.

I have no association with Istook Automotive but thought you might like to see this. Aren't electronics great??????????

2. teflon

teflon Formula Junior

May 16, 2003
    Full Name:
    Greg A
    Yes, this is very interesting. But who are "Revo"?

Also, the pricing structure you listed does not correspond to what you said Istook's retail price was for the "chip". According to the list, Istook's retail price should be $499--not $399--as a 2001 S4 is a TT V6.

Greg A

3. AnotherDunneDeal

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    Sorry,

You are right. The S4, being a 6 cylinder in 2001 has a cost of $499 retail. It is not a chip and is installed directly thru a port onto the ECU. It is flash loaded.

4. AnotherDunneDeal

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    #4 AnotherDunneDeal, Feb 2, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Revo is a UK based software company that specializes in performance upgrades that are flash installed. I believe on the side of his car it is Revo Technik.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. teflon

teflon Formula Junior

May 16, 2003
    Full Name:
    Greg A
    Thanks for the link! I'm checking out their site now.

I know it isn't a chip, but I thought it was easier for me to say, "chip" (in quotes) rather than ECU flash or something like that. :) Different method of modification, same result.

Greg A

6. AnotherDunneDeal

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne