Does Michael Milken own a Ferrari? | FerrariChat

Does Michael Milken own a Ferrari?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Johnny USA, Jan 30, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Johnny USA

Johnny USA Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 28, 2003
    Anyone know, I've heard rumors?

2. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

From what I remember of him from various books I have read....he doesn't know how to drive.

Off course...that should not preclude one from ownership.

3. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Although he could certainly own a Ferrari if he wanted to, word has it he DOES have partial ownership of the Governer of California!!

LOL! Isn't it funny (more ofter dangerous) how so many people think that if they drive a better car...they are a better driver?

DL

4. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER

I remember a Diablo owner who I smacked around in my 308, He was surprised :) A lot of F40 owners have been surprised by my road 512TR also :)

5. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Milken is a genius and a very nice guy.

--Dan

6. kenny

kenny Formula Junior

Nov 9, 2003
    Greenwich , CT
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    I really doubt it... Milken in his heyday working at Drexel making $500 million dollars a year reputedly drove around in an old Yellow Mercedes Turbodiesel to work...

7. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

Milken's biography that I read, said that he used to take the subway to work until he had a lot of money, whereupon he was chauffered around in the back of a Mercedes as he nevered bothered to get a license.

From the FWIW files.......

8. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Kind of funny--I met him 10 years ago when a good friend of mine, Andy, was working for him in L.A. At the end of a visit out there, I stopped by Andy's office for a quick "see-ya" lunch. We went into the board room to eat, and I sat at the end of the long table, leaned back with my feet up on the table and started to eat. Michael came strolling by the door, does one of those back-up moves where he leans back and looks in kind of puzzled to see who's sitting in his chair. He came in and introduced himself to me and was really funny and nice. It hadn't really occurred to me until then that I was sitting in what was most likely "his" spot. Besides, this was only one of several offices he spent time at.

9. DropGems

DropGems Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Atlantic City, NJ
    You would think with all the money the guy had he would bling a little and buy a Ferrari...lol.

10. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    I guess its just not his thing. Im sure a lot of people are like that. The last time I drove around the beautiful mansions of Beverly Hills I usually saw cheaper Mercedes sedans in the driveways and garages. Some people had Toyotas and so on.

11. M.James

M.James F1 Rookie

Jun 6, 2003
    Worcester, MA
    Full Name:
    Michael.C.James
    I recall seeing Michael or one of his 'associates' behind the wheel of a red Testarossa somewhere in a magazine at about the time of his indigtment......many around Milken went to jail or lost it all when the Feds caught up with them.

12. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Who is Milken? I never even heard of him.
    Erik

13. Alxlee

Alxlee F1 Rookie

Apr 8, 2002
    Wilmington, DE
    Full Name:
    Alex Lee
    Michael Milken - American financial executive, b. Van Nuys, Calif. Nicknamed the “junk bond king,” he was an executive at Drexel Burnham Lambert, Inc., where he transformed corporate takeovers and financing by the use of high-yield junk bonds. At the height of his success in the 1980s, Milken’s personal wealth was legend; according to the government, Drexel paid Milken $296 million in 1986 and $550 million in 1987. In 1989 a federal grand jury indicted Milken for violations of federal securities and racketeering laws. He pled guilty to securities fraud and related charges in 1990, and the government dropped the more serious charges of insider trading and racketeering. Milken was fined and sentenced to prison for ten years; in 1991 his sentence was reduced to two years plus three years probation. Barred from the securities business for life, Milken worked as a strategic business consultant after his release from prison. The Securities and Exchange Commission charged that this work was a violation of his probation, and in 1998 Milken settled with the SEC and paid the government $42 million in fees that he had earned plus interest. Milken, who had prostate cancer, established (1993) a foundation to underwrite a search for its cure; he is also a founder (1996) of Knowledge Universe, an educational services company.

14. SupercarGuru

SupercarGuru F1 Rookie
    Sponsor

Dec 14, 2003
    Fl
    Full Name:
    John Temerian
    I know a mike Milken with some ferraris including a Lusso...does anyone know what he looks like ...the guy i know is bout 5'6 brown hair...50 somethin...hmmm

15. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    DONT KNOW IF HE OWNS A FERRARI OR TWO, BUT DEFINETLY OWNS SEVERAL WIGS OR HAIRPIECES.........