Italia Fest this weekend | FerrariChat

Italia Fest this weekend

Discussion in 'Florida' started by sindo308qv, Jan 28, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sindo308qv

sindo308qv F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    miami.fl.
    Full Name:
    sindo
    Anyone going Saturday or Sunday?

2. peter mac

peter mac Karting

Nov 25, 2003
    My wife Sandi and I are going both days. (blue 550 with New Brunswick Canada plates) If you are there please say hello. Peter Mac.

3. sindo308qv

sindo308qv F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    miami.fl.
    Full Name:
    sindo
    Absolutely,looking forward to meeting you both.My wife will be there as well.

4. spyderman33

spyderman33 Formula Junior

Jan 9, 2004
    MIA/ATL
    Full Name:
    Julian
    I will probably drive up on Sat..

This is Julian, we met at the Miracle Mile car show.. I was the guy with the black NSX-T..

Are you taking your car?

5. akydakyx

akydakyx Karting

Feb 9, 2002
    Naples, FL
    Full Name:
    Steve K
    sun for sure. displaying the dino. sat very iffy. sindo, julian, missed you at cav.

6. FL 355

FL 355 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2002
    Ft Laud
    Full Name:
    Frank Lipinski
    I'll be at the track Sat and at the car show on Sun -

Anybody know what happens if it rains? Business as usual?

7. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    Frank is coming to the track...with the car?????

I will be there Sat and Sun. If Gabi promises to show at Sun event I can talk Marion into coming and I can bring two cars. Other wise I will be there Sat with the 355 yellow on the track and Sun with the 348Spider I bought at Cavallino.

My Challenge ie held up in CND Won't be here till 10-14 days from now. :(

Looking forward to be seeing you all again.

Won't be staying over night this time so...no Rachels for me.

BTW Where is Paul B ?

8. FL 355

FL 355 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2002
    Ft Laud
    Full Name:
    Frank Lipinski
    Martin...what's CND?

Track still open if it rains??????

9. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco
    Martin, I am here.
    I have not registered yet and was planning to do so at the track if they let me.
    I planned on being there but the weather report says rain for both days.
    Martin and the other Squids: were you planning to go on Saturday and then drive back to Miami and up to Delray on Sunday?

10. FL 355

FL 355 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2002
    Ft Laud
    Full Name:
    Frank Lipinski
    OK - Here's the Skinny.

I just spoke with Jim Kaminski and he said both events (track and show) are on....rain or shine.

I'm in.....

:)

11. sindo308qv

sindo308qv F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    miami.fl.
    Full Name:
    sindo
    Yeah Martin, Gaby and I will both be there on Sunday. I'll call Enzo and Alfredo to bring the 360 & 550 Barchetta.Frank is also going but not Pedro and David.Saturday looks like it may be the worst day for rain. Sunday, iffy. Nothing Quick detailer can't fix.Good thing theres restaurant and bars nearby.

12. sindo308qv

sindo308qv F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    miami.fl.
    Full Name:
    sindo
    Onlt thing is we are all going to have to register on Sunday.

13. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco
    do you know if you can just register to show the car on Sunday? any idea what the trophies are like?

14. Cavallino Motors

Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    trophies are getting better.
    On Sat I am already set with the 355 half Challenge car. Will try the car out. If it rains heavy will rather not. After all the car is for sale :)

I do have wet tires with me but the slicks already mounted.

CND Frank is what I refer to as Canada. I can not get a truck from Montreal to Miami in time.

Show can be entered also on Sun. If you know you are coming Sun tell Jim on Sat.

Yes, I am planning to go home atfer the track. Since you are not coming to Rachels anyway, whats the point of staying up there.

Martin

15. sindo308qv

sindo308qv F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    miami.fl.
    Full Name:
    sindo
    Jeez....looking like a washout this weekend,is the event being rescheduled? Can't see us in pouring rain at the track or concourse.

16. FL 355

FL 355 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2002
    Ft Laud
    Full Name:
    Frank Lipinski
    It was OK....I was there through noon.... I will also be at the show Sunday.

2 accidents.... a 360 Challenge Team car hit the wall pretty hard and had to be towed out and a Lambo lost it in a S turn.

Only familiar face was Murray B and Eddy F..

Had a GTO, P4 (I think it's a Norwood Replica) and some nice vintage.
    NO 355's, 348's F40, F50, Enzo. Was just about all 360's and a girl driving a brown 328...

17. Cavallino Motors

Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    The Challenge car driver should have been shot on site. Driving in rain on slicks. How stupid is that. on top accellerating out of a turn, turn 10 of all, which is hard on dry road conditions.

I heard it was the same driver that crashed a Ford GT40 (original) in the same turn, same wall and more or less totalled the car.

Consensus at the track was, the 360 is a gonner.

Did not drive up there for Concourse today. Too much rain down here. Looked dreadfull. Packed my stuff and will head to 8inches of new powder.
    :)

18. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco
    I was not at the track on Saturday but I do know that the person that wrecked the 360 this past weekend, wrecked and totaled the SAME car 2 years ago at the same event! I never saw a wreck SO bad. I was there when it happened and I know the guy. At the time he was a customer of Servizio in Jupiter. They had stripped the car down to the tub and set it back to Italy to get rebuilt. I just it back 1 year later and now this......
    Ironically, when he got the car 2 years ago it was beautiful. It was delivered to Moroso in the morning and he saw it for the first time at 10:00 that morning. It looked too nice to be a Challenge car....no nicks, dents etc. By 11:45 that morning he wrecked the car in the backfield by the grandstands; between turns 4 and 5. The left side tires went on the grass and then it was all over.

19. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    He must have had a cell phone in one hand and a big cigar in the other.

And we thought the driving at Cavallino was questionable! Jeez!

BHW

20. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco
    the funny thing is , this guy has experience driving!!!!! he has driven a 360 many times on the track until he bought the 360 Challenge car. Slicks in the rain???????

21. Cavallino Motors

Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    slicks in the rain! \how dumb is that?

What experience does he have? He had a stock 360 out on the track on two FCA events before? Hardly qualifies as experience.

If you wreck your car in non-competition that bad you are an idiot. You can have all the money in the world but you still are an idiot.

Not just that you endanger your own life, but you endanger others as well. You stop the session for others while your pile of sh*t is being picked up from the track.

This guy needs to be removed from ANY track event. In fact Paul if you point him out on the next event I will talk to the Track Steward about just that!
    Right after I tell him what I think of him.

22. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco
    Martin, I could not believe hearing of this!
    The accident he had 2 years ago was the worst I have ever seen! Every square inch of the car was either, dented, scraped, crushed or broken completely off the car.
    I was not there to witness to one from the other day and have not seen the car. It is presently at a repair shop in Jupiter.

23. Sloan83qv

Sloan83qv F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 8, 2001
    with BIG Dave M.
    Full Name:
    Little Dave M.
    I beleive this is the 360 after the wreck two years ago, Brand new that day,

24. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    I remember this shunt, wasnt it one of those Brian Redman Racing Days events at Moroso in like 2002? Maybe I'm wrong.

BHW

25. Sloan83qv

Sloan83qv F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 8, 2001
    with BIG Dave M.
    Full Name:
    Little Dave M.
    That was it "Targa 66" Brians annual race weekend.