This looks like a cool DVD | FerrariChat

This looks like a cool DVD

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by 96impalaSS, Feb 2, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
  2. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    hey impala.. LMAO 666! congrats!!!!! formula junior seems like its going to last forever though!

3. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    I've seen both of these videos. Here's my opinion:

1) The Ferrari Experience: Very cheesy, filled with lots of stupid music so you rarely get to hear the engine. Private owners driving their cars on public roads in the US, so rarely see any real speed, and they rarely get on it. They spend most of their time posing. Only a couple of tunnel shots, with only a second or two of wide open throttle. Tries too hard to be "cool."

2) European Ferrari Adventures: Nearly all footage is on German Autobahn and Swiss Alps. Super high speed in car footage. No background music, so the only thing you hear is the "music" of the engine. No owners posing with their cars. It's all either super high speed runs, wide open throttle acceleration, or heel and toe driving through switchbacks on narrow mountain roads. Tons of very long tunnel shots through the Alps at wide open throttle echoing through there. Very cool.

For me it's a no brainer. Go with the second one from the rental place.

4. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Thank you very much. Theres few things worse than when your trying to view a video and you cant even hear the engine because of all the horrid music.

5. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    I take it back -- there is some music at the beginning of the European DVD. But its only during the credits, and after that, no more music, only engine sounds. It's a little corny, overly-dramatic Wagner music, but it's actually sorta funny. Once you get past the opening credits, there's in-car footage of the Enzo on the Autobahn that lasts about 15 minutes, then more in-car stuff of the 575M on the Autobahn hitting over 180 mph. You can kind of see the tachometer in the 575M so you can watch the shift points, which is cool.