tubi or not 2b | FerrariChat

tubi or not 2b

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by 355f, Feb 2, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 355f

355f Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    OK!

I posted this in the general forum and not had a sensible response so heres hoping!

I had a tubi on my 355 1 year ago. Whilst I agree it sounds good at idle and at the top end this is at the expense of resononance at 2/3 k which I dislike. It sok if your just doing small runs but longer ones- not very nice. The original is too quite.

Is there anyone here that feels the same?? that has FIRST hand experince of doifferent types ie capristo, fuchs, ect

Heiko did send a post telling me how good it was but he sells them!!

2. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    I REPLACED MY OEM EXHAUSTS ON MY TR WITH TUBIS, AND LOVE THEM....WHEN STARTING, WHEN DOWNSHIFTING, WHEN FLYING THEY SOUND GREAT.

MY FRIEND HAS KOENIGS ON HIS TR. THEY SOUND MORE OF A HIGH PITCHED F1 CAR.

IF YOU LIKE F1 CAR SOUNDS, KOENING IS THE WAY TO GO, DEEP RUMBLE, I LOVE TUBIS

DONT KNOW MUCH ABOUT FUCHS, ANSAS, ETC

I BOUGHT MY TUBIS FROM TINO, THE SPONSER, VERY HAPPY WITH HIM, HIS PRODUCT, PRICE AND DELIVERY

GOOD LUCK,
    BRUCE

3. smsmd

smsmd Karting

Nov 12, 2003
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Steven Scates MD
    I have a 360 that I just put tubi's on. My impression is that there is a resonance at 2-3K in this car, too, that is a little annoying. On the other hand, I don't find the sound obtrusive at higher rpms. Clearly, though, the db level is higher at highway speeds, just no resonance.
    I have a friend who is in the car alot-he thinks the sound is vastly improved over stock throughout the rpm range.
    Overall, no regrets-the stock sound was too tinny for me.

4. Mickey

Mickey Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2004
    Linnet Drive
    Full Name:
    Mike
    355f,

Without a doubt, the original exhaust is way too quiet and is rather un-ferrari-like. Tubi definitely sounds better !!! I am however not too sure what you mean by "small runs and longer runs" though.

Did you take the cats off the tubi ???

As the cats on 2.7 has only one sensor, they can be taken off. Unlike the 5.2, where they put two sensors on the cats, which if taken off, would trigger the warning lights. If your 355 is 2.7, you could try to take the cats off and see if you like it any better.

Good luck.

5. rossofiorano355

rossofiorano355 Karting

Dec 22, 2003
    NOLA - Bham
    Full Name:
    Ron
    I do feel the same way you do. While I did not install Tubi exhaust on my 355, while comparing exhausts I had the opportunity to ride in a Tubi equipped 355. In my opinion cabin resonance was too much for the average passenger during city driving. While I love the sound, I felt it was impractical for the regular distance driver. I retained the stock exhaust.

My 2 cents

6. khayes

khayes Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Kelly Hayes
    I drove a 355 with a Tubi and loved the sound it made. Sort of F1'ish. I put a Tubi on my TR but the sound is very different between the two cars. The 355 was much louder and it had a higher pitch. The TR is much lower in pitch and is not that much louder than the stock muffler that I had. I think my TR sounds best around 2,500 to 3,500 RPM. I haven't noticed a resonnace issue. But, my wife can now hear me coming home from several blocks away. :)

7. Nick

Nick Formula Junior
    Sponsor Professional Ferrari Technician

Oct 31, 2003
    Full Name:
    Nick Scianna
    #7 Nick, Feb 5, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    The Mille Miglia exhaust systems that I have actually have a sound Warranty,they are made of highly polished stainless,you will find the resonance is not there in the Mille Miglia,compared to the Tubi,I also sell ANSA,CAPRISTO,CSC & MILLE MIGLIA. I have used Take off Tubi's avail & can also get new Tubi's dircetly form Italy. J PEG IS AN ACTUAL PHOTO OF A 355 MILLE MIGLIA SYSTEM.Nick Scianna. www.nicksforzaferrari.com
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. gabriel

gabriel Formula 3

Great to see you back, Nick. Used take off Tubi, hmm? Have any for the TR?

9. ATBNM3

ATBNM3 Formula 3

Nov 17, 2003
    Sunny Isles
    Full Name:
    Don Jackson II
    2-3K??? What are you doing driving @ 2-3K??? I keep My M3 @ 4K or above. LOL