348/355 Challenge Wheel ? | FerrariChat

348/355 Challenge Wheel ?

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by mvespo348, Feb 1, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mvespo348

mvespo348 Karting

Jan 5, 2004
    North New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Hi, I have a set of brand new Challenge wheels on my 348 see photo with new P Zero's with 2 miles on them. The last owner installed the brembo challenge caliper and rotors in the front. I would like to go back to the stock wheel and I was wondering if anyone knows if the stock wheel would fit over the brembos? I don't have the stock wheels, this is why im asking the question.

Also, if anyone is interested I would be willing to swap out for stock 348 wheels in equal condition.

2. 92_348ts

92_348ts Formula Junior

Jun 6, 2002
    Boise, Idaho
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I'm not sure if the Brembo "challenge" rotors & calipers you are speaking of are the same as Brembo's "Gran Turismo" brake system. If so, you are going to need an 18" wheel to clear the calipers.

3. Bmyth-FDC

Bmyth-FDC F1 Rookie

Oct 4, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Byron
    I believe the answer is no. To my knowledge, both the Gran Turismo brake kit and the Challenge brake kit have 13" rotors in the front and require the 18" wheels for clearance for the calipers. You might be able to get away with it - you will know within 5 minutes of trying... if you are definitely serious with going back to the stock setup, you can always pull the brake kit off and switch back to the stock calipers/rotors... I can trade you off my 348 (newly installed brembo rotors and race pads - less than 200 miles on them) or I know of another owner that would be willing to do so as well.

PM me if you are interested.

Byron

4. rexrcr

rexrcr Formula 3

Nov 27, 2002
    Kalamazoo, MI
    Full Name:
    Rob Schermerhorn
    If it's the genuine F355 Challenge caliper, no, it won't work with the OE 348 wheels due to spoke clearance. If it's the F40 or F50 caliper which Brembo supplies in kits too, you'd have to borrow a OE 17" 348 wheel and try it.

Best regards,

Rob Schermerhorn

Ps, remove your wheel, post a higher quality photo of the caliper. I can tell visually which caliper you have.