FCA Events 2004 | FerrariChat

FCA Events 2004

Discussion in 'Florida' started by Debbie, Feb 2, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Debbie

Debbie Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Central Florida
    Full Name:
    Debbie
    I just received the following update of events for 2004.
    FCA Karting Challenge Feb. 22
    Sebring Track Event April 1-4
    Ferraris At Disney May 22-23
    Summer Get-Away Islamorada June 4-6
    Sebring Track Event Sept. 24-26
    Moroso November

The new Redline will be out in a few weeks and I am sure it will have more complete details. I just wanted to give everyone a little advance notice. Looks like there will be a lot of opportunity for friends to get together. :)

2. sindo308qv

sindo308qv F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    miami.fl.
    Full Name:
    sindo
    Debbie, do you know if there's a Ferrari Challenge event during the upcoming Toyota Indy 300 at Homestead Feb.27-29? Thanks for the upcoming events preview .

3. Debbie

Debbie Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Central Florida
    Full Name:
    Debbie
    I just checked the FCA National web page and the Homestead Challenge event is listed on Feb 20-22.

4. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco
    Debbie, are you sure that is correct for Homestead? I tried to confirm it myself and was not able to do so. Is it also a track event for us?

5. Ira Schwartz

Ira Schwartz Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2003
    Brooklandville, MD
    Full Name:
    Ira Schwartz
    A second FCA track event at Sebring in September? Good news!

6. Debbie

Debbie Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Central Florida
    Full Name:
    Debbie
    Paul, I don't know if those dates are correct or not. I just went to the FCA national page and there was a link with challenge info on it. I don't know what is up as they mention dealers customer rides and the FCA. It is all a big question in my mind as the Florida Region has nothing on this that I have heard about.

7. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    I heard they cancelled a whole bunch of CH races, Homestead being one of them.

as for the other events. Great. I did not know about Sebring in Sept. Great. Ira, you can also do SAFE and PDC, see my website for details and track dates: www.4Ferrari.com

BTW Ira,
    I heard you may have some info and copies of records on a silver 355Ch, 1995. Would you still have those by any chance?

MArtin

8. Ira Schwartz

Ira Schwartz Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2003
    Brooklandville, MD
    Full Name:
    Ira Schwartz
    Martin: Bob Segal at Algar got the folks at FoD/FoH to agree to make their service records available to me when I was considering buying that car (assuming we're talking about the silver w/green stripes 355C from Pittsburgh that was at Moroso during Cavallino), but I passed on the car and never bothered to get the records. Bottom line, as best I can recall (and please note that I gave the car only a quick, cursory look and can't personally vouch for the accuracy of what I was told by various folks about this car)- the car received an engine rebuild at the end of each season when Christian Briggs ran it in the Challenge series under their auspices (and more frequent transaxle rebuilds, as he was tough on the machinery), and had the last one a couple of years ago just before it came East. IF it was well looked after since then (and who knows?), it's probably okay, but I'd planned on having a compression test and leak-down test before anteing up any money. Frank Nevotti of FoD/FoH kindly agreed to dig out their records and review the test results with me, but I passed on the car and didn't bother him about it again. Unlike some other 355Cs I considered, this one allegedly wasn't raced in SCCA after the Challenge series, and from what I was able to learn, wasn't too seriously crashed (but did have its share of incidents- Briggs' best buddy owned a body shop and was frequently painting it). Sorry- hope this helps. I recently ditched my numerous e-mails concerning the history of this car, but if you're considering it and want to pick my brain for whatever details I can remember, feel free to call (410-767-6452). BTW, both Briggs and the car's previous owner were very tall and they had to move the pedal box back, so a tall guy like you might find this car a good fit. Also, I believe Dave Siebert told me that the car had a very good race hidtory in the Challenge Series.
    Ira

9. Debbie

Debbie Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Central Florida
    Full Name:
    Debbie
    As much as I hate to admit it, Martin, you are right! Rosso Ferrari lists the Challenge schedule for this year and Homestead appears to be off the schedule. Only 5 races for 2004 is that an all time low?