Touch Up Paint | FerrariChat

Touch Up Paint

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Ksullender, Jan 31, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ksullender

Ksullender Formula Junior

Sep 3, 2003
    USA
    How would I go about getting a small amount of touch up paint for those small rock chips? Do Ferrari dealers normally sell touch up paint?

2. Diablo

Diablo Formula Junior

You could probably get it from any body shop as long as you have the right paint code.

But, I have received my touch up from Wide World of Cars in NY.
    They have a factory authorized body shop on site.

Good luck

3. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
  4. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    Once you get your touch up paint, you'll probably want to use Lanka to smooth out the application so you don't get a raised "glob" where you've touched it up.

If you go to the page below and click on the "Langka" link in the upper right corner to get to their website, if you end up buying some of paint chip repair stuff, they'll make a donation to the Ferrari Club.

www.fca-se.com/sponsors

5. TCM

TCM Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2003
    Tyngsborough, MA
    I just used a new product to touch up a lot of chips on my Silverstone M5 (not an easy color to match). It worked great and I would highly reccomend it to anyone who needs some touch up paint. Check out www.autovisuals.com and search for you specific color. The pen allows you to apply the paint in a smooth manner that is easy to blend in with the old paint. Hope this helps.

6. davey_jones

davey_jones Formula Junior

Sep 28, 2002
    wherever it's sunny
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I'm in the same situation, there is a place here in Indy that uses
    a "digital eye" to get an exact match. I figure the pait may
    have slightly changed color over 10 years - I can get a quart of
    paint for around $130..
    just a thought.

7. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    www.paintscratch.com also sells the pens, along with the standard bottle. Agree, Langka works well, and is recommended.

8. 38 Off

38 Off Karting

Nov 4, 2003
    Pace, FL
    Full Name:
    Phil Crain
    I just happened to talk to parts at Ferrari of Atlanta, about touchup paint for my 97 355, and Harold in parts said they have some that they have put in small bottles for something like $9. So that makes it a no-brainer for me where to get mine.

9. rossofiorano355

rossofiorano355 Karting

Dec 22, 2003
    NOLA - Bham
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Similar for me, a local paint work guy will come to you and custom mix for your car.