Italian Automobile Festival of Speed, Feb 27-29 at TWS | FerrariChat

Italian Automobile Festival of Speed, Feb 27-29 at TWS

Discussion in 'Texas' started by GhostRider, Jan 16, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GhostRider

GhostRider Formula Junior

Dec 20, 2002
    Tulsa, OK
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Space City Panteras, in close cooperation with the Houston Ferrari and
    Lamborghini clubs and the Pantera Club of North Texas, is announcing an all Italian car event: The Italian Automobile Festival of Speed, February 27-29, 2004 at Texas World Speedway in Bryan, Texas. The IAFS represents an evolution of the Pantera focus of a previous TWS track event (Southwest Pantera Extravaganza) into a new venue featuring the entire range of exotic Italian automobiles (Detomaso, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Maserati, Alfa Romeo, Fiat, etc.).

The Italian Automobile Festival of Speed activities for 2004 are intended to cater to all automotive enthusiasts. IAFS activities include an arrival reception, an all Italian car show, organized scenic drives through forested countryside, a tour and wine tasting at the Messinahoff Winery, and an awards dinner at Cenares (an excellent local Italian restaurant). For the track junkies, either one or two days of driving instruction and track time are offered on the challenging 2.9 mile road course at Texas World Speedway at substantially reduced rates. Discounted hotel accommodations have also been arranged. IAFS-2004 activities are offered 'ala carte' style - you choose the activities that you most want to participate in.

The Italian Automobile Festival of Speed is an extraordinary event that you will not want to miss.

The IAFS agenda and registration forms are available on the Space City Panteras website: www.spacecitypanteras.com. Hotel accomodations are limited, so make your reservations soon.

2. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Looks like a great time, but just curious on the pricing.

3. GhostRider

Dec 20, 2002
    Tulsa, OK
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Click on the above link, you'll see further links to more information, including agenda, and registration forms (with pricing). Pretty affordable actually.

4. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    ahhh, the red links were too obvious, I didn't see them.

I like the prices and how you can pick what you want. Very well done.

5. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    Very interesting... unfortunately, I'm not expecting my car to arrive in time...

{fingers crossed}

6. woodlands_vt

woodlands_vt Karting

Oct 31, 2003
    The Woodlands, TX
    Calling all Lamborghini Club members!

Whether you bring and run your car at TWS track, or just stop by for the car show, parties, or the back-roads Nat'l Forest drives, this should be a car event fun for the entire family!

This is a rain-or-shine event. More information and latest-developments are also posted at
    http://www.lamborghiniclubtexas.com/training.asp.

See http://www.texasworldspeedway.com for more information about the track.

REGISTRATION FORM:
    http://www.lamborghiniclubtexas.com/image/ItalianAutomobileFestivalofSpeed2004Application.pdf

7. GhostRider

Dec 20, 2002
    Tulsa, OK
    Full Name:
    Matt
    This event has been growing in the past few years with lots of Panteras, Ferraris, Porsches, Corvettes, etc. This year it looks to explode with different clubs getting directly involved. Car show, drives, and track time. It's a very unique opportunity for this part of the country. Nothing like seeing exotic cars, especially on the track.

Here are the prices (a la carte to boot):

$30 - 1st Person mandatory registration fee (Picture, Car Show, Winery, and Reception)
    $15 - Supplemental reg fee for additional adult family members.
    $15 - Late fee per adult (after Feb 15th)
    $130 - Track fee (Sunday 2/29)
    $100 - Additional track day (Saturday 2/28 - Driver's school 8am)
    $30 - Award's Dinner per person ( $10 for children under 10 - Cenare Restaurant)

go to www.spacecitypanteras.com for more information

8. texas360modena

Dec 15, 2003
    Milwaukee, WI
    Hey guys, are any of the events open to non-owners for spectating? If so, what's the pricing? I'd definitley like to try to make it down there.

9. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    I'll gladly help out if you need radio operaters, corner workers, safety crew, etc... for this event. Let me know ASAP.

All I ask is for a little track time...:)

10. GhostRider

Dec 20, 2002
    Tulsa, OK
    Full Name:
    Matt
    I don't think there is any charge for spectators. As for workers needed, you might email the Houston crew (Lamborghini or Pantera) and see if they need anyone. Probably do.

11. 348 spy

348 spy Formula Junior

Nov 17, 2002
    LEWISVILLE
    Full Name:
    JANO
    matt,is there valet parking at the hotel.

12. GhostRider

Dec 20, 2002
    Tulsa, OK
    Full Name:
    Matt
    I don't know for sure, but I doubt it, being a Howard Johnson.

Here is the latest numbers I have on car attendance:

25 Panteras
    6 Lamborghinis (3 Countach, 3 Diablo, and 1 probable Murci)
    3 Ferraris (not counting the Houston Ferrari Club who's pres is out of town right now to know).
    2 FIATs

13. LSU348

LSU348 Formula 3

Dec 19, 2003
    Sugar Land
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Grady is in town...I will give him a heads up to read this tomorrow early AM.

14. Amir

Amir Formula Junior

Feb 15, 2003
    TX
    If any of you guys needs help getting around College Station, or making arrangements for food (restaurants) or recommendations on where to go, please don't hesitate to ask. I go to A&M, and am pretty familiar with the city. I'd love to help out :)

15. maranelloman

maranelloman Guest

Sorry I cannot make it. I had already committed to instruct at a Porsche Club DE at Motorsport Ranch that weekend...

Have fun!!

16. 348 spy

348 spy Formula Junior

Nov 17, 2002
    LEWISVILLE
    Full Name:
    JANO
    i well be there.sounds fun.

17. GhostRider

Dec 20, 2002
    Tulsa, OK
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Good deal. The more the merrier. If we get some nice weather, this will be the perfect kickoff to the summer season. Looking most forward to the group drive, and watching some track action.

18. GhostRider

Dec 20, 2002
    Tulsa, OK
    Full Name:
    Matt
  19. ricrain

ricrain Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Dallas Area
    Full Name:
    Ric
    I can probably make this event in my 91 348ts. Just curious to whether or not you have enough instructors (I am, if needed).

20. woodlands_vt

woodlands_vt Karting

Oct 31, 2003
    The Woodlands, TX
    Just got off the phone with Lamborghini Dallas (Mr. Gary Seale). They plan to attend the FEB 28/29 event.

21. GhostRider

Dec 20, 2002
    Tulsa, OK
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Sweet. This is turning out be a really good event. Just gotta pray for good weather now.

22. GhostRider

Dec 20, 2002
    Tulsa, OK
    Full Name:
    Matt
    All those around DFW interested in driving down to the event on Friday, the 27th, around 12:00 noon, private message me so I can get a list of people interested in going down together.

23. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Matt, I got mine in the mail over the weekend. Are you guys going to come down 45 or 35? Maybe we can meet and caravan over.

Dale

24. GhostRider

Dec 20, 2002
    Tulsa, OK
    Full Name:
    Matt
    I've only driven down to College Station once, a couple of years ago, but I took 45 all the way down to Bryan, and then from there over to College Station.

25. woodlands_vt

woodlands_vt Karting

Oct 31, 2003
    The Woodlands, TX
    See updated link to this event, including REGISTRATION PDF (print it & send it in along with your check!)
    http://www.spacecitypanteras.com/IAFS/IAFS-2004/IAFS-2004-Announcement.htm

Lamborghini Dallas will be participating also, and will some things for the dinner awards. Several Houston & Dallas area Diablo and Murcielago's are planning to participate, including a 40th Anniversary one.

Ralph: how are those new tires on your Countach coming along?
    :)