anybody selling ferrari models? | FerrariChat

anybody selling ferrari models?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by ross, Feb 3, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    i have looked at our sponsors site and found a possible purchase. but i just wanted to check if anybody out there was by chance selling a 1:18 scale model of a 512bb, preferably a bburago. let me know soon since its a bday present for somebody. thx

2. Greg G

Greg G F1 Rookie

dont waste your time with the Bburago - Kyosho makes a beautiful 1:18 scale BB 512. It retails for approx $40-60 and looks very impressive. I'll look for some possible link where you can find it.

3. eam3

eam3 Karting

Dec 16, 2003
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Ed Mendez
    I'll second that. I have a Kyosho BB and it's easily one of the bargains of the 1:18 models I own. Bburago models just don't have anywhere near the same level of quality.

4. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    Absolutely! Go kyosho. You won't regret it. I have 6 1:18 Kyosho F-car models and two on the way (4 daytonas, 2 308s, and 2 328s) and they are all excellent. I am looking to pick up at least one of their Boxer models also. :)

5. ross

Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    ok, i'll go for a kyosho. however so far i have not found any dealers for it that have this model. any help in this regard is appreciated.

6. ross

Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    thx, but been there and they only have a 365 gt4/bb, not the 512bb (i know they are virtually indistinguisable on a model of this size, but its the name on the box that makes a difference in this case). the search continues.....

7. cavallinomodels

cavallinomodels Formula Junior

Feb 2, 2004
    USA
    Ross,

Burago never produced 512BB in 1/18 scale, only Chrono and Kyosho.

We have few models in stock in red color.

www.cavallinomodels.com

8. ross

Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    cavallino, thx, i did look at your site and found it. but it was by chrono and i am not familiar with them so i was hunting around for the bburago (i have a few of those and know the quality). there is also a price discrepancy (bburago 1:18 tend to be around $30 vs yours at $50), but this may be explained by a quality difference. so if there is no bburago 1:18, then tell me about the chrono.....

9. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    What are the options if someone (me) wants to buy a box full of unpainted palstic parts and assemble, paint, detail the model himself?

In particular, I am looking for a 1:12 scale F355B

10. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna

I am also looking for a model F355B similar to Mitch's request. any help would be greatly appreciated.

11. cavallinomodels

Feb 2, 2004
    USA
    ross

Chrono model is a very poor quality. You can not compare it to Kyosho. We don't ever carry Chrono. The reason Burago is around $50.00, because it is not made for US market anymore, all models have to be imported from Europe. Shipping is very expansive.

www.cavallinomodels.com

12. cavallinomodels

Feb 2, 2004
    USA
    Mitch,

We only sell 1/18 scale models. I have no idea who sells plastic parts for 1/12 scale models.

sherpa23

You can see pictures of all F355 models that we have or custom made for other customers.

www.cavallinomodels.com

13. Gimme Fuel

Gimme Fuel F1 Veteran

Mar 15, 2003
    In my 348
    Full Name:
    Paul (Norway)
  14. ChuckEBaby

ChuckEBaby Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 7, 2003
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Chuck
    Ross,

Check this out!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3585261953

15. ChuckEBaby

ChuckEBaby Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 7, 2003
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Chuck
  16. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    i highly recommend Cavallino Models... i dealt with Rita and she was a pleasure to work with... The model was custom and came out exactly as requested... i couldn't have been happier...

Relatedly, i have a black Kyosho 512BB at home and it's simply gorgeous- broken, but gorgeous...

17. ross

Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
  18. cavallinomodels

Feb 2, 2004
    USA
  19. Sean F.

Sean F. F1 Rookie

Feb 4, 2003
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Sean F
    http://www.hlj.com/scripts/hljpage.cgi?FUJ12180

Here is a plasic model of a 355B to be released in Feb. HLJ is a great source for model kits and I've used them a lot. Pick the SAL shipping unless you HAVE to have it faster (you'll save maybe 2-3 days going with 2-day air but pay $$ more).

Fujimi make decent kits but can be hit or miss at times. I would say being a new release this is probably a good kit.

It's only 1/24th scale. Their is no 1/12th scale kit of the 355. The subject is just no popular enough to warrant the cost of producing such a kit.

Their are several 1/16th kits of the F-40, GTO, BB512, and Countach. Look for them on E-Bay.

20. Mule

Mule F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2003
    Alaska
    Full Name:
    Mule
  21. ross

Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    mule, you are the winner ! i checked out exoticars and just bought a 1:18 512bb in red from kyosho for $40 plus shipping. btw, this is $110 less than the kyosho models from cavallino. they may of course be different types.
    thx everybody for your help.

22. Greg G

Greg G F1 Rookie

good job Ross... I didnt recommend Exoticar because I had more than one bad experience with them, but hopefully your dealing will be fine. Ultimately, you picked the best model for the money.

23. Ferrari_UK

Ferrari_UK Formula 3

Dec 6, 2002
    England
    Full Name:
    Jeff Howe
  24. cavallinomodels

Feb 2, 2004
    USA
    ross,

our standard Kyosho model is not $110.00 more then you paid for. Those were the custom painted ones. Standard model is $75.00. I hope you get yours from Exoticar SOON.

www.cavallinomodels.com