Jerry Seinfeld...The Carrera GT....Automobile Magazine Road Test | FerrariChat

Jerry Seinfeld...The Carrera GT....Automobile Magazine Road Test

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Kds, Feb 2, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

Anyone here read this report yet ???

I am a huge Seinfeld fan....and a Porsche nut as well.....and I was surprised that he's a rather decent writer too.

I particularily loved his jabs at the "SLR".....the "Enzo"....and the "McLaren F-1".

"I'm not interested in that other German "special project" with the six foot long hood. Hello ?!?! It's the 21st century. The last time I saw a car like that "Bluto" was driving it.

I'm also not interested in $60 quarts of oil or sitting in the middle. I haven't sat in the middle since I flew coach to Cincinnati, and I didn't like it.

They all suck....Porsche doesn't do fantasy....it does reality.

2. karmavore

karmavore Formula 3

Dec 29, 2002
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Karmavore
    read it, enjoyed it. Does the carbon fiber used in other cars really break down?

3. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Sounds entertaining.

A North American Clarkson in the making - I can see it. (hence, not Tiff, but an entertaining reviewer)

4. Ekasilicon

Ekasilicon Formula Junior

Jan 21, 2003
    Can somebody scan it in and post it? Or you can email it to me and I can post it.

5. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

It's this month's issue and it's on the news stand as we speak actually.

6. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Jerry Seinfield is a Porsche nut.

7. theboogers

theboogers Rookie

Nov 14, 2003
    maryland
    Full Name:
    steve hannon
    i liked jerry's article. i had to laugh at his interpretations. he should do more like it.

8. racerx

racerx Guest

Nov 23, 2003
    Read it, pretty good article. He had quite a ride in it. I posted pics from that trip here a short while back. Has anyone here from the nyc area crossed paths with jerry out on the road? He has 70 p-cars and must drive them quite a bit. There is always sightings of leno out west. I wonder if jerry likes to put the pedal to the metal.
    T

9. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    What did he say about the Enzo ?

10. racerx

racerx Guest

Nov 23, 2003
    Also just an very odd bit of trivia, the actress who played jerry's mother on seinfeld was engaged to james dean when he met his unfortunate end when someone hit him while driving his porsche speedster.
    T

11. karmavore

karmavore Formula 3

Dec 29, 2002
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Karmavore
    You mean Ben Stiller's mom? Jerry talks about how odd it is that Porsche gained some much popularity from killing Dean. :)

12. hps

hps Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Canada
    I would love to see one of the big Porsche magazines doe a feature on exactly waht Jerry has in the garage. I imagine he must have been approaced, and is probably pretty resistant, being the private guy he is.
    Would love to peek in the garage though...

Reminds me of an hour I was able spend with David Letterman a couple of years ago, and when I asked what he had in the garage, he mentiond only about 2 Ferraris, and not very significant ones. Then a few months later, lo and behold, there is Forza magazine, featuring the guy who looks after Dave's cars. and he was holding out on me.....!!!

Understandable, but man wouldn't you love to peek in those garages ...?

Cheers !
    hps.

ps...the Seinfeld article was cool.....snag it while you still can.....worth a read.

13. ebrigham

ebrigham Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    NYC
    If you watch Jerry Seinfeld in Comedian there is a scene where he visits a Porsche owners' gathering. I think it's in the deleted extra scenes in the bonus section of the DVD. I don't think it made the final cut but I could be wrong.

Needless to say, when he arrives he has a crowd gathering about him pretty quickly, shooting the breeze about Porsche-stuff. As he leaves he makes a comment to the camera guy to the effect of, these folks are crazy, goofy, socially inept car geeks (I am paraphrasing).. He then goes on to say something along the line of "and I am one of them.." pretty funny.

14. Greg G

Greg G F1 Rookie

Andrew - its a small obscure reference which KDS actually wrote in his first post. It was the half sentence bit where he discussing his automotive passions for Stuttgart. He merely said he dsnt care abt cars requiring $60 quarts of oil. We can figure that one out for ourselves.

15. racerx

racerx Guest

Nov 23, 2003
    This lady, liz sheridan. The only connection with stiller that i know of would be frank costanza (jerry stiller).

16. karmavore

karmavore Formula 3

Dec 29, 2002
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Karmavore
    She is Jerry Stiller's wife and Ben's mom.

Which Forza has the Letternamn article??

17. hps

hps Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Canada

Not sure...it was a couple of years ago, and I sold my collection....

You should be able to find mention of it in the list of back issues in each magazine , no?