Jordan EJ14 hits the track | FerrariChat

Jordan EJ14 hits the track

Discussion in 'F1' started by beast, Feb 2, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    First picture of the EJ14 on the track at silverstone. Quick Nick H behind the wheel.

2. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete

Not remotedly interested in anything Jordan does :D, they need IMO to sack Eddie and replace him with somebody that takes F1 seriously and stops wasting time chasing parties and the chics.

These low quality field fillers are what make F1 weak ... and waste alot of media time moaning about fair play.

Gee I wonder if they will get 8th place this year or 6th ... pathetic!!

Pete

3. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    Pete;

Do you honestly think they will score that high???? I say 9th.

Rob

4. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    :D, hahaha ... but I will be interested to see what they have in the pits at the British GP to increase interest ... usually has very little clothing ;)

Pete

5. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    Pete;

can you get myself a few paddock passes ;)

Rob

6. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    The thing that surprised me the most about Jordan is how they're capable of keeping the hype level up: If you look at a catalogue from Exoticar or Speedgear you find an equal amount of Ferrari as Jordan related fan accessories. Why?

Who in the world supports Jordan other than some chauvinistic Brits? Somebody obviously does or these products wouldn't be available. Maybe Eddie has made an extra cheap deal on the franchising I dunno.

7. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    Belive it or not i ran into one Jordan fan at the Airport flying to the USGP last year and ran into him again flying back. He swore to myself up and down that Jordan would become the next powerhouse in F1..

Yeah right, too bad i could not give him a drug test at the time. :D

8. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Probably still pissed from one of Eddies parties ... :D

Pete

9. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Could actually happen: They're always looking for $$$. If somebody BIG would buy them up, they might become a force to reckon with. But their name would have to change to Audi, VW or the like.
    :)

Personally I prefer car manufacturers in F1 duking it out. So I wouldn't mind another big company joining in. However we still have two empty team slots, so I'd rather see Jordan survive along with some new entries joining.

...remember the days when they had a prequalifying before qualifying because there were too MANY F1 cars?
    :(

10. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    I remember them well. Actually the first GP I ever went to was at Adelade and one of the most drama filled part of qualifying was watching 3 teams fighting it out to get on the grid. It was fantastic. The car would go out and set its time and there would be back slapping in the pits and then this would turn to heads down and frantic activity when somebody else beat that time ... and then the driver would go out again and do his best, etc.

Gee qualifying was sooooo awesome back then ... way better than the race (which was rained out :(). These struggling teams would do many more laps than the pros (up to their limit) and just to watch them live on that edge like that was better than any TV drama.

Pete

11. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    While traveling I met a woman from Adelaide and I complimented here on the GP and what a shame it was that they lost it.

Ahem, turns out she hated the GP. Must have quite a few environmentalists down there? Bummer.

12. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Same people have relocated to Melbourne :D

In the end you cannot please everyone all the time!

Pete

13. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    Here are a few more pictures of the EJ14. If you take a look at the side pods they did not sculpt them like most of the other teams have gone too this season. Also They have a extension in front of the pod this is kind of unique in F1 currently

14. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    And of the rear flick ups it looks like they added wings to the cooling "Smoke Stacks" for a little extra down force.

15. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003

Hey, don´t forget that Ferrari is a small team if you compare it with McLaren-Mercedes.

I think that Formula1 needs these "independent" teams too.

16. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I agree that we need these independents, but why do you say Ferrari is small compared to Mc Laren?

As far as I know about the same budget and number of people working on the team.

17. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003

Yeah, but Ferrari has to build its own engines and has not much backing from FIAT.
    Mercedes-Benz not only gives their engines to McLaren for free: they pay them for using them and give their tech support. You have to add to McLaren´s resources the money that Mercedes-Benz spends in F1.

Ferrari is small in comparison with that. So it´s great that they win with less money!!!

Forza.

18. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I understand what you're saying, but I'm not sure it is true. I don't have any numbers to back it up, but I thought, that the teams (Ferrari vs McLaren + Mercedes F1) are comparable in budget and manpower. Same goes for BMW and Williams.

If that wasn't the case, it would mean, that with additional manpower you could make a better F1 engine. If that's the case, I bet Ferrari would simply increase their team. I don't think money is the issue for them.

19. Ferrari_co_uk

Ferrari_co_uk Karting

Apr 16, 2003
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Mark Langfield
    Hhmm not sure where you got that idea from. Ferrari has long been recognised as having the largest budget in F1. In fact it's only just being challenged for that title by Toyota!

Best
    Mark

20. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003

I´m afraid that money is a real issue for our Scuderia. I´ve heard that they are interested in cost-cutting in F-1 because as you know, FIAT sold part of Ferrari to pay its debts, and the new owners maybe won´t be interested in spending money in racing. The only cost-cutting measure they are against of is the limit for free testing, because they can test at Fiorano, Imola and Mugello without high costs.

But maybe I´m wrong. I hope so.

21. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    Huh?

Fiat sold part of Fiat to General Motors....

Eddie J OWNS the team so he can't really be fired now can he...

Privateers like him, Menardi, Arrows are what keeps things interesting otherwise it would be Ferrari - Mclaren and every now and then they would let Beneton-Renault come to play and if they are nice maybe Jag or Bar can stop by... I like a series where there are these characters like Sauber and Jordan. Otherwise you end up with a "NASCAR" 2 now 3 YAWN!

22. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    I like Eddie Jordan and would like to see his team win a few races. But, I think the up and coming contender will be Toyota. After BMW wins a title or two first.

23. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003