New Lotus | FerrariChat

New Lotus

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Mark(study), Feb 3, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
  2. tvrfreak

tvrfreak F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 31, 2003
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    F K
    Which mag is that from? Looks awesome...what the Gallardo should have been. Any more info?

Thanks!

3. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    holy sheets! i like it! i like it!

4. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    AutoCar early concept photos

5. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    It looks like they did a photoShop job on a Gallardo

Good looking Gallardo

6. kenny

kenny Formula Junior

Nov 9, 2003
    Greenwich , CT
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    Did VW buy Lotus too??

7. Mojo

Mojo Formula 3

Sep 24, 2002
    Washington St.
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    Now that looks like a car, unlike that ugly kitcar looking Elise. the picture you posted looks exotic, I LIKE

8. lotustt

lotustt Formula 3

Aug 28, 2002
    Full Name:
    TRM

Lord, you and this kit car banter....jeez!

9. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Very cool IMO.

10. karmavore

karmavore Formula 3

Dec 29, 2002
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Karmavore
    Fabulous! I love the blue. ..and you know it will kick Ferrari's ass into next week for a fraction of the price and be twice as exclusive.

Luke.

11. Auraraptor

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    no.

Thank God. :)

12. aawil

aawil Formula 3

Aug 10, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    That thing is hideous.To much like like that horrible styling direction lambo went with.The elise on the other hand looks phenominal in person.Some nice curves on that car.

13. kenny

kenny Formula Junior

Nov 9, 2003
    Greenwich , CT
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    Why? you no like the Gallardo?

14. Auraraptor

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    In terms of styling, the short answer is no. I respect what they have done, but IMHO cars do not need to be short and chubby in look, but rather long and sleek. This is why I like cars like 3x8s, 355s, TRs, etc....and yes I LOVE the S7's design.

IMO the 360 is pretty but chubby. I love sleek lines, and if that means some headroom and a more cramped feeling, fine, I will live with it!

15. kenny

kenny Formula Junior

Nov 9, 2003
    Greenwich , CT
    Full Name:
    Kenny

Gallardo still much better all around than its predecessor from the 80's the Jalpa...

16. ty (360mode)

ty (360mode) Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2002
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Tim
    damn, i like it!!!

what's the scoop???

17. Auraraptor

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    I will give you that! Overall, its much more complete and thought out then the old Jalpa.

18. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark

AutoCar has a 12 page write-up. I just got a few pics, but I haven't seen the magazine yet. Mako99 is working on getting the article and he has a thread going in the "other Italian section"

19. Mojo

Mojo Formula 3

Sep 24, 2002
    Washington St.
    Full Name:
    Joseph

Ya I know its the only thing I can't let go of. At least im not on lotuselisechat.com trollin. I try not to bash some ferrari's here that I think are ugly because it is ferrarichat, but with that said I really don't feel that any ferrari looks like a kitcar. Remember lotustt its just my opinion. And im nobody. Really

20. lotustt

lotustt Formula 3

Aug 28, 2002
    Full Name:
    TRM
    It would be a whole new thread but maybe you can describe to me what you believe makes the Elise a kit car? Or how it looks like a kit car? Or what a kit car is to you? But ok , you dont like it you think its ugly, that is fine to.

21. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    All i hope is that it has a twin turbo v8 and a strong tranny. Then the modding possibilities will be awesome. Easily make it a 100,000 700hp Enzo killer.

22. Mako99

Mako99 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 29, 2003
    I agree, nothing future proofs your sports car better than having it come with FI from the factory. To think there are 15 year old modified turbo P-cars that will a$$own anything that drives off of a Ferrari dealer's lot today short of an Enzo is amazing. Compare that to the 348 or 355 where getting any more power is nearly impossible without spending half the value of the car itself. Or an NSX for that matter.

FI gives the owner so many more options during the ownership of the car...

23. C. Losito

C. Losito Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2003
    Metro St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Chris Losito
    To think that there are 35 year old modified muscle cars that will a$$own 15 year old modified turbo P-cars...

24. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    That i beg to differ on. I know a Porsche that runs 8's in the 1/4 at 170mph on street tires, and is daily driveable. Muscle cars that run anywhere close this, are undriveable, and set up strictly for the 1/4, on full drag slicks, unsuitable for street use.

My Porsche could run 9's, right around 150mph, and when you pulled up next to it, sounded like a Porsche with an exhaust.

And it is very easy to make a porsche Turbo, destroy an Enzo. These days, thats childs play in the Porsche world.

25. C. Losito

C. Losito Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2003
    Metro St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Chris Losito
    You've got me in terms of a daily driver. Between a 9 second '70 Challenger and a 9 second Porsche, I'd definitely rather drive the Porsche every day.

As a side note, you may be interested in knowing that the "next big thing" in the mucsle car world is street turbocharging! There are guys running around out there with twin-turbo big blocks that are both quiet (well, relatively speaking) and reliable.