Ferrari 550 VS Lambo Murcielago 1/4 mile Video | FerrariChat

Ferrari 550 VS Lambo Murcielago 1/4 mile Video

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by allanlambo, Nov 11, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
  2. maranelloman

maranelloman Guest

#2 maranelloman, Nov 11, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Ellen, you fruitcake, the Murci has 100 more HP than the 550, and is not a direct competitor. I would certainly HOPE it would beat the 550!

Is there some deep-seated insecurity of yours that makes you perpetually need to show how "inferior" Ferraris are (on this Ferrari board) and how "superior" Lambos are? Both are fine cars, both are different. Why not accept & enjoy this fact instead of being a putz?

And I mean that in the nicest possible way...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

F456M likes this.
  3. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Wow, Dave its just a Video! Im sure if there was a video of a Enzo beating a Murcielago it would be posted here, and no one would say that it was unfair because the Enzo costs 3x as much or has more power.

So take that stick out of your ass.lol

4. t88power

t88power Formula 3

Feb 19, 2001
    Puerto Rico
    Full Name:
    Ernesto
  5. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Ernesto, look into that video and you will find that:
    A. the F50 is modded
    b. The driver of the F50 has tons of seat time behind it
    c. the Murcielago owner expressed not to have the Murci driven very hard as it was brand new, and the driver had never driven the Murci before.

6. t88power

t88power Formula 3

Feb 19, 2001
    Puerto Rico
    Full Name:
    Ernesto
    LOL.... When the Lambo loses, its a bunch of excuses. When the Ferrari loses, it sucks... Get a grip! Its only a video! LOL

7. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Not excuses. Fact.

8. t88power

t88power Formula 3

Feb 19, 2001
    Puerto Rico
    Full Name:
    Ernesto
    LOL

9. JimSchad

JimSchad Guest

why is it always an "us against them" mentality? I love lambos and ferraris. I plan on owning both. Who cares if one is faster...I mean how often do you drive at the car's limits?

I can just see toyota vs honda drivers...oh yeah!!! mine gets 4 more mpg than yours! well mine has a full size spare tire!

Grow up.

10. manu

manu Formula Junior

Feb 20, 2002
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Manu
    Personally I think the comparison between the two cars IS valid. Here in the UK there is not much difference price wise between the two machines.....
    People WILL be asking which is faster and purely from a prestige point of view Ferrari could do with making the 575 even more potent.

11. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    "Ellen, you fruitcake, the Murci has 100 more HP than the 550, and is not a direct competitor. I would certainly HOPE it would beat the 550!"

When Ferrari switched from TR to 550, they left Lambo looking like the clear winner in the Exotic car class. All "car guys" and press will continue to compaire the TR's replacement to the Diablo's replacement.

Please Ferrari.... Get back to a 12 or 10 mid-engine "production exotic" so we can beat-up on Lambo.

12. t88power

t88power Formula 3

Feb 19, 2001
    Puerto Rico
    Full Name:
    Ernesto
    So are a Bentley and a Murcielago comparable because of the similar price? Of course not. The cars are not comparable, at least in my opinion. I cant see a person interested in the Murcie consider the 575, and vice versa. They are two COMPLETELY different concepts and approaches. The Murcie is much more exotic looking, attracting lots more attention. The 575 is more beautiful, more serious car for people who dont want flash. Nothing wrong with either, just different approaches. BTW, most people seem to be confused: Production Ferraris have not been shockingly exotic to look at, but are mostly beautiful, understated cars that age very well. The TR series was an exception rather than the rule, and I for one am glad they went back to classic lines rather than shock value design.

Ernesto

13. Clax

Clax Formula 3

Oct 3, 2002
    Nice video, but anybody who turns 13.81 in the 1/4 mile in a 550 either can't drive, or had a bad pass.

Not only that, I can drag race someone 5 times in 2 identical cars, and not have the same result twice.

The Murci is a faster car, no doubt, but the video is just eye candy, not an indicative test.

14. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    "So are a Bentley and a Murcielago comparable because of the similar price?"

No, because they don't have the history of the last 30 years...
    it has always been Ferrari vs Lambo. It's how the exotic car world
    works.

We grew up with the posters on our bedroom walls, and the big stacks of magazines about the war between Lambo and Ferrari for the cover-story.

15. Ferruccio

Ferruccio Formula Junior

Feb 2, 2003
    olathe, KS
    Full Name:
    Dan Gordon
    Ferrari went to merchades with the 550/575 IMHO although I love the way the 550/575 looks in person (very elegant!) But I think they would have done better making the 575 successer. You know mid-engine V-12, exotic, they definitly need to go back to that!

16. Ferruccio

Ferruccio Formula Junior

Feb 2, 2003
    olathe, KS
    Full Name:
    Dan Gordon
    I ment too merchades sorry

17. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    While I completely agree with you, I also understand that virtually every board has their allenlambo's, it just comes with the territory. It's his JOB to be an annoying jerk.

18. maranelloman

maranelloman Guest

Thanks for not answering my question, darling. Methinks I may be right...and that I may have struck a nerve.

19. enzomoon

enzomoon Guest

I see Allan is at it again. So his car will take a 550.....who gives a sh*t?
    Different cars with totally different personalities/purposes. While my F512M is absolutely a visceral thrill machine what impresses me most about the 550 is its every day user friendliness. I drive mine to work every day and its as easy to drive/own as many more pedestrian cars.
    Lamborghinis are trash IMHO but Allan thinks they are the best and loves to stir the pot!!
    This has the beginnings of another "classic" Allan thread!!

Regards,

Mark

20. bumboola

bumboola Formula Junior

Mar 7, 2003
    Allan,

Get on your knees and worship the LAMBO SLAYER!

Bye bye Murcielago.

21. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan

Ah, here we go. I post a video, that does not have Ferrari coming out on top, and all of a sudden Allan is back at it.

So you all go ahead, and make quotes like Lamborghinis are trash, etc.

So whose the one striking the nerve Maranelloman?

22. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan

I completely agree with you. This video is not indicative of either cars performance. Its just a video, that has Ferrari and Lambo content.

But you better believe, that if the results were different, people here would of been jumping up and down, praising the 550, and demeaning the Lambo.

23. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Wow! I havent seen styling that from Ferrari in years! Is that the 550/575 replacement? Looks much better!

24. richard

richard Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Richard Thompson III
    Of course they would, you twit! Earth to Ellen, WE'RE ON A FERRARI MESSAGE BOARD! Grow a brain man, at least realize that if you post videos like that and leave snide comments like "bye bye ferrari" people are going to take you down.

I am a big Porsche fan, but you don't see me running about like a dolt and posting videos of 911 TTs beating 360s in drag races! Did you ever stop to think that even though this community is open to all people, no one gives two flying sh*ts about your Lamborghini?

Before you go shouting "oh you're a newb", be aware that I personally administer several large (10,000+ user) internet communities. I would wager to say I know a good thing or two more than yourself about community dynamics, and I have lurked on these forums long enough to know who the instigators are. If you want to pat yourself on the back, find a Lamborghini registry of some sort. If you want to post videos, do it without the silly snide remarks. And if you want to make friends on the internet, stop trolling.

25. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    First off, if youd like I can post a few videos of 911Turbos smoking 360's for you. 2nd of all, what does this video have to do with my Lamborghini? Its just a Lamborghini vs Ferrari video.