Vintage race website | FerrariChat

Vintage race website

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by Horsefly, Feb 3, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Horsefly

Horsefly F1 Veteran

May 14, 2002
    I stumbled across another site that is crammed full of vintage race photos including a few Ferraris. Have you guys seen these?
    http://www.tamsoldracecarsite.net/
    Some of these cars really put a slap in the face of the words "all original". Most of these cars were hybrid mongrels from the word go. Chevy motors in Mercedes, Ferrari motors in Maseratis, Chrysler Hemis into who knows what! There's alot of meat on this web site bone, so take your time browsing.

2. Horsefly

Horsefly F1 Veteran

May 14, 2002
    As I indicated in my first posting, that website has TONS of photos, some of which don't seem to be able to be accessed from the home page with ease. Many of the photos are accessable only from links that are buried many pages deep into the website. Like this photo of two 250GTOs at speed. http://www.tamsoldracecarsite.net/FerrariLagunaSeca.html#Ferrari1963

3. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Since the pics aren't indexed - here's the easiest way to see all the shots.
    Muahahahahaaaa

4. miked

miked Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2001
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    http://images.google.com/images?q=tamsoldracecarsite+FERRARI&svnum=10&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=utf-8&filter=0

This "search within results" will get 102 "Ferrari" pictures.

Clicking on a "Meacham" photo will get you to this site.
    http://www.tamsoldracecarsite.net/MeachamEdwardsFerrari.html

Michael Lynch's site with more photos.
    http://home.san.rr.com/ascr50s/index.htm

Great find Horsefly, I'll be looking through these photos for quite a while.
    It seems every photo links to another website with even more photos.

5. Viper 10

Viper 10 Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2003
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Brad Chang
    Those are great pics! It is so sad to see those old pics of Riverside Raceway, because that's where I grew up with my dad racing there.

There were many legends born on that track.

Thanks for sharing this site.

Brad

6. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Thanks Arlie.

7. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    That is one of the best "finds" anyone has ever posted THANKS

8. Napolis

Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
  9. bluekawala

bluekawala Formula Junior

Jan 22, 2004
    Ormond Beach, FL
    Incredible! What a site, I could be on there for hours. Thanks a ton for sharing this site, its fantastic!

10. tomgt

tomgt F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 22, 2004
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Tom Wiggers
    Send all your vintage pics to this site. Go to "about" and read "contribution"
    Share you photo's!

11. Horsefly

Horsefly F1 Veteran

May 14, 2002
    James, too many projects and not enough time/money, etc. On a more disgusting note, about a month ago, I had some vandalism done to several of my junky antique 4WD trucks that were stored on some remote farm property. Some little kids decided to toss some concrete blocks through the windshields of several vehicles. Fortunately the farmer next door spotted the kids during the act, and they fled through the woods to their parent's house a few hundred yards away. Long story short: Their parents will be sending me several thousand dollars for glass damage reimbursement. Nothing really valuable was destroyed, just foggy, but intact, old windshields that will now be a pain to replace when and if I decide to fix up the trucks. We're not talking Ferrari type money here, just a couple of old Jeep FC-170 trucks, a few 1966 vintage 3 wheeled mailster trucks, and a couple of early International Scout trucks. But they were interesting vehicles that I had spent several years accumulating and transporting to what I thought was a remote but safe storage place. I'm glad I didn't have a 250GTO stored out there. And no Corvettes were stored their either.

12. Napolis

Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Arlie
    My thoughts are with you.
    Best
    Jim

13. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Sorry to read that news. Same as it was when I was a kid, and my father before me - stories of bored neighbor kids breaking car windows. Hope the journey to find replacement windows leads to pleasant surprises, fait accompli, I suppose.