The UK section | FerrariChat

The UK section

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by sletti, Feb 3, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sletti

sletti F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 19, 2003
    NW Kent
    Full Name:
    Stig W
    I've only been using this facility for a few months, and Tony told me that the United Kingdom section was instigated shorty before I joined.

Was there always so many UK based threads in the European section, or is it because there is a UK section that interest has really hotted up Now the UK section (certainly by thread) is significantly larger than the Europe bit, or indeed ANY other section apart from General, Technical and Off-Topic?

Stig

2. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Indeed, if you take out "the bonker's thread" from European Sect, we're most active Section.
    Prior to Fchat having these Sections, i used to post on "General" or "off Topic" Very rarely used old "Europe" sect , much to the consternation of our Euro brethren.
    Tony

3. kenyon

kenyon F1 Rookie

Oct 7, 2002
    East Yorkshire
    Full Name:
    Justin Kenyon
    I did the same as you tony and also used Pistonheads a lot more.

4. forzarich

forzarich Karting

Nov 11, 2003
    Dorset, UK
    I've migrated from Subaru ownership and thankfully just as their site is getting worse and worse this one is getting busier. I wish I could come up with something interesting to post about... :)

Not much happens on PH... :(

Cheers,
    Rich

5. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Rich,
    don't let that stop you....i post drivel all the time , as can clearly be seen on earlier threads !
    Tony

6. Steve275

Steve275 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Jun 20, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Tony,

Don't put yourself down like that, I think your jokes are most informative !

Steve

7. Steve275

Steve275 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Jun 20, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Forgot to say,

I used the general discussion forum occassionally but found the Vintag3e Forum to be the most interesting, Maybe that's because I'm old by comparison ?

Cheers,

Steve

8. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Thanks Steve....critical acclaim at last!
    T

9. Robertb

Robertb Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    South Oxfordshire, U
    Full Name:
    Robert
    I look forward to your jokes too- a small beacon of light in an otherwise dull working week...!

Robert.

10. sletti

sletti F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 19, 2003
    NW Kent
    Full Name:
    Stig W
    Tony,

I think you a clearly a posting whore! Mind you, would you posts-per-day be as high if you didn't stick ten million pictures on every time we meet!

You are however my posting guru, and I have pulled myself up by my bootstraps to 2.76, but I suspect your 3.66 will be my holy grail! Mmmm, I wonder what master Carbon is on........

Stig

11. gts328uk

gts328uk Karting

Nov 26, 2003
    Yorkshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Top forum for me.

We should arrange a summer meet for all UK members of this forum. Any volunteers?

Mark

12. Dale

Dale F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2003
    uk
    Full Name:
    Dale Juan
    Hi all i joined just before we had a uk forum and rob was changing over to the new softwear,oct 03 i joined and just after the uk forum was born,thanks rob
    Dale.

13. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Uk section second in post count only to Europe now.....and 2,800 of their posts are on one thread !
    Tony

14. 365boy

365boy Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    Brighton, England
    Full Name:
    John Leaman
    Very good idea about a Summer national meet... I suppose we'd want somewhere fairly central-ish (say just North of London).

Just a wild thought, but the Shuttleworth (aircraft) Collection - just off the A1 in Beds - is a very pleasant spot often used by car clubs...

Also, I guess some of us will be at the Goodwood Festival of Speed & Circuit Revival, so we could perhaps do something more informal at one of those events...

John

15. wazza

wazza Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2003
    This sounds like a good idea.

Wazza

16. gts328uk

gts328uk Karting

Nov 26, 2003
    Yorkshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Mark
    John sounds good, are you offering

Mark

17. matkat

matkat Formula 3

Mar 18, 2003
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Dave McGuire
    I agree ref tony"s jokes just hope you keep your average up and post one every day.
    Dave

18. sletti

sletti F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 19, 2003
    NW Kent
    Full Name:
    Stig W
    Fab idea John,

Are you gonna make enquires with the venue? If they say yes, it'll be another to go in the Venue Codes page.....

Stig

19. 365boy

365boy Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    Brighton, England
    Full Name:
    John Leaman
    Will do.

John

20. robinh

robinh Formula Junior

Jan 3, 2004
    Cambridgeshire, Engl
    Full Name:
    Robin
    Great idea. If Shuttleworth can't do it for any reason then Duxford would be a similarish venue

21. 365boy

365boy Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    Brighton, England
    Full Name:
    John Leaman
    Shuttleworth can accommodate as many cars as we care to show up in, at prices ranging from £15/car (on a weekend flying display day) down to a group rate of £5/car on a standard weekday - or somewhere in-between for non-event weekends.

All prices include access to the hangars, which are worth seeing for those of you who haven't.

They can rope off an area of the car park / field for us.

Only snag is you have to pay in advance for car groups - so unless we turn up in large-ish numbers it might be just as well to go unannounced, not get a roped-off area, and suffer the marginally higher non-group rates.

I think the formal approach would be better for a larger/national meet, though.

Stig - web site is www.shuttleworth.org if you want to add details to the codes.

John PS They have a Rolls-Royce (aero, plus cars) celebration day on Sunday 27th June, which looks reasonably interesting.

22. wazza

wazza Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2003
    The more I hear about The Shuttleworth Collection as a potential venue
    the more I like it.
    I think £5 per car for a group weekend sounds quite cheap when you consider
    we paid £4 each to stand around in the cold in some windy car park at VW.
    Also I've never visited the Shuttleworth Collection which i'm told is worth doing anyway.
    Plus we can get the cars barriered off, and they have a cafe.
    We could even take a picnic....No....Sounds a bit too civilized.....

I wonder how much money they would want up front or how many cars we would have to guarantee to get a group booking.

If it wasn't too onerous I would be willing to sub it upfront and try and get my money back from you lot later. (Hmmm. I wonder what my chances would be ?)

I say let's go for it.!!!!!!

But you might want to consider a different weekend.
    We wouldn't want to steal the day away from all those beautiful Roll's
    plus I'm racing at Brands on the Saturday and could do with some support and it's the Goodwood Festival weekend.

Wazza

23. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J
    #23 360CS, Feb 14, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Wazza/John

This sounds a good idea but we need to be careful with the date? If its on one of the National meets etc the turnout will be lower and some folk my be a little pissed it was organised to concide with this particular day.

Wazza id be happy to assist and organise whatever is required, but John the venue does sound spot on.

What day you at Brands wazza? im 10mins from circuit, is it open pit lane??

Joe
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

24. 365boy

365boy Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    Brighton, England
    Full Name:
    John Leaman
    NB - That's £5/car on a weekDAY - more like £7.50 on a (normal) weekend day - assuming we get the group discount.

John

25. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Venue looks good, will stay tuned for further updates.
    T