Speeeeeeeedo | FerrariChat

Speeeeeeeedo

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by hedge, Feb 3, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. hedge

hedge Formula 3

Jun 11, 2003
    England
    Full Name:
    Marc
    #1 hedge, Feb 3, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Guys,

I have the opportunity to buy a (second hand, apparently excellent condition) RHD UK spec speedo showing MPH for my car, which is a LHD model.

Can anyone advise:

1) if it will fit?
    2) if it matters what year it is?
    3) what will happen to the mileage logged on my car presently, and if it is zero'd how this is recorded?
    4) whether it would affect resale/other negative effects?
    5) what it might cost / how easy it is to fit?
    6) whether an over sticker would be a better/more feasible route?

It does bug me that I only have kph on the speedo currently - hard enough to stay within limits when coming up to the evil gatso's, without having to do mental arithmetic every time.

Besides, my initials are MPH!!

Thanks in advance,

Marc.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. 355fiorano

355fiorano Formula Junior

Oct 21, 2003
    London
    Full Name:
    Philip
    Marc,

i'd not change it. When you want to sell the car it will arouse all sorts of suspissions to your potential buyer. If you do however, get it fitted at a reputable agent and get it logged into your service book with their signature verifying mileages of the outgoing speedo and the new one. Another alternative however is to try and find if there are any MPH ferrari "inserts" (I don't know what they are called but what i mean is the paper that is in the speedo dials showing all the kph figures). Then you can keep your own and just clip the MPH dials on top of the originals.

I hope I make some sense .... or maybe not

cheers
    philip

3. hedge

hedge Formula 3

Jun 11, 2003
    England
    Full Name:
    Marc
    Thanks Phillip - that probably is a better route..anyone know anywhere that does them? I am having flashbacks to replacing the dials on my Peugeot 206 CTI (with go faster stripes) for very cool ripspeed white ones! I got the dashboard apart ok, but putting it back together was like getting 20 ciggies back in a packet..nightmare.

4. robinh

robinh Formula Junior

Jan 3, 2004
    Cambridgeshire, Engl
    Full Name:
    Robin
    Those cigarettes are a real bummer. Make life easy for yourself - smoke them, throw the packet away :)

5. Robertb

Robertb Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    South Oxfordshire, U
    Full Name:
    Robert

6. darhart

darhart Rookie

Nov 8, 2003
    london
    Full Name:
    darren
    How about putting a couple of small stickers on the dial's window at a few important speeds, 30mph 50mph 70mph ? Should look ok if they are small enough.

7. hedge

hedge Formula 3

Jun 11, 2003
    England
    Full Name:
    Marc
    My Dad suggested that also. I will give it a whirl.

Cheers.

8. andrewg

andrewg F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2002
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    AndrewG
    on my LHD 911 I used tipex to mark the glass face of the dial, when it comes time to sell (or to swap to a mph clock as I did) it polishes straight off