Bad Experience: ************.Com | FerrariChat

Bad Experience: ************.Com

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by enzomoon, Feb 3, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. enzomoon

enzomoon Guest

Just wondered if anyone else has also felt ripped off with these guys. In early December I ordered just over $400 worth of brochures/books from them. Included in that order were two books that I never received worth over $100.
    Now it is early February and still without these two books. My last email to them(the last one they replied to) was two weeks ago and since then(when they said they would look into it) there has been no response.
    The owner(I presume) Jack, even sent me an email in December stating that they knew they mistakenly only sent one of the Ferrari engine books I ordered when, In fact I ordered two, and still nothing!!
    Unfortunately, as they are located in Amsterdam, I have little recourse.
    Buyer Beware........

2. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    IM SURE WITH THIS THREAD, AND WE KNOW ALL SPONSERS READ THEM DAILY, FERRARSTUFF WILL ACT ASAP WHEN THEY HEAR OF YOUR ANGER...

GOOD LUCK,
    BRUCE

3. 1975gt4don

1975gt4don Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    Peoples Rep of CA
    Full Name:
    Smog Exempt
    You think that is bad, read this, http://biz.yahoo.com/fo/040129/9226007ac1b41d36ec6b8072653b575a_1.html

4. rudy

rudy Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2004
    Los Angeles California
    Full Name:
    Rudy Hassen
    Marijuana smoking and prostitution is legal in Amsterdam right? 'nuff said.

5. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion

Boohoo ! what does that have to do with anything ?

6. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    NICE COMMENT RUDY.....THAT REALLY HELPS HIM ALOT..GOOD JOB

7. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    I bought some stuff from Jack "************.com"
    I was very happy (and I`m still very happy!).
    Jack was always so friendly, fast (shipping), serious, knowledgeable and I have got a pretty good price on my purchase. He is a well know dealer here in Europe with the highest reputation you can get!!!
    Never ever heared something bad about him or his business! He is also a long time advertiser here on fchat.com.
    Sorry, don`t know what happened but I`m sure Jack can fix it!
    About delay: I`doing lots of imports with the USA from Europe.....I`m used in any kind of delays and custom problems;-)

Just my 0,02 cents

Wolfarossa
    FORZA FERRARI

8. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Really, let's all take a deep breath.

Now hold it.

Bruce Robison "What Would Willie Do?"

If they went out of stock on a book it may take time on the publishing side. Not like that Schumi signed cap, that they could drop over by the crib and have him sign a few more!

9. enzomoon

enzomoon Guest

Thanks for the feedback. Obviously, this isn't a lot of money. I just wanted to make other members aware for future reference. As they say "live and learn".

Regards,

Mark

10. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 F1 Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Mark---

I applaud your initiative to offer words of "Buyers Be Aware".
    It's not the money. It's the principle of the transaction.
    This is an appropriate use of this forum. Thanks for sharing your experience. Hopefully, it serves as check & balance mechanism for all future transactions with others.

Tom,

11. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Ok now I take offense to the "customs problems" comment :)

12. Greg G

Greg G F1 Rookie

enzomoon - Ive also bought a few things from Jack without incident. Hopefully your post here will remind him to correct his errors!

13. jakermc

jakermc Formula 3
    Owner

Jan 17, 2004
    Palm Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I have also had a less then spectacular experieince. A week or so ago I ordered two items from him. One shipped (very quickly I might add), but the other did not. I was only charged for the one item, but I have not received any communication at all about the second item. Is it backordered? Is there an expected ship date? Is it no longer available? Should I try and find another supplier? A quick e-mail or call to let the customer know about an order that was shipped incomplete is pretty standard. Alternatively, he could include an invoice with the shipped item marking the other 'backordered' or 'no longer available' to inform me of the status. At this point I have no clue what to expect and I hate the fact that I have to chase him to find out.

14. chefrobear

chefrobear Formula Junior

Mar 6, 2002
    cravanzana, Italia
    Full Name:
    Robert Ginsberg
    I recently bought a photo from them. Communication was proper, the product was received on time. I wasn't charged until shipment.

15. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    i'm always amazed by how spoiled amazon has made us. they are just amazing at knowing their inventory and giving you proper data about all of it and generally exceeding expectations of delivery time.

i just placed an order on exoticar for some 1:18s. a couple hundred bucks worth. zero data about what's in stock and what isn't. and no way to check. just some language about how they handle various issues. and you have to decide a priori to hold the shipping until the order is complete or otherwise incur extra charges. so if something is backordered forever, the order will just sit.

it's wholly unacceptable.

amazon really has dome some amazing stuff. it's too bad they don't sell 1:18s and ferrari memorabilia ;-)

doody!

16. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I sent Jack a heads up email, he always gets back to me right away and he hasn't yet, so he's out of town on vacation or something. He'll respond when he gets back. ************.com has been a long time sponsor on FerrariChat.com and Jack has contributed much to the community with his vintage and racing knowledge. No reason for a couple new 26 post users to jump all over him yet, be patient as not everything moves as fast as the internet. :) Hundreds of other users have had good experiences, just wait for the full story. You really thing Jack is purposely trying to screw you? That's absurd. Thanks.

17. jakermc

jakermc Formula 3
    Owner

Jan 17, 2004
    Palm Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Rob

You are obviously referring to me. Where did I 'jump all over him' or say that he is 'trying to screw me'? I described my transaction exactly as it occurred. I didn't even say that the experience was bad, just not up to my expectations. I complemented him where he performed well (fast shipping on the one item), and pointed out what I thought to be poor customer service. This is the 'full story'. All that can be added by Jack is WHY (i.e. excuses) communication was poor, but he can not refute that this happened.

Customer service is important for any business, large or small. I offered some ideas on how he could improve his business model based upon experieince as both a customer and a supplier. I face backorder situations in my business as well, but we tell the customer the status. This works well for us and I think it would work well for Jack.

Being new around here I guess I didn't realize people were so sensitive. Hey Rob, how many posts do I need to make before I can factually report on a less than perfect experience?

18. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    30 and then those restrictions are removed. Then you can bad mouth anyone you want. Although you could bad mouth AllanLambo right away. :D

19. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    "These (FChat) boots were made for walkin',
    and that's jus' what they'll do!

These (FChat) boots are gonna walk all over you!"

Nancy Sinatra, edited by Speedy308.

As endorsed by Snoop Dogg. Sponsored by Armani.

20. storminnormin

storminnormin Formula Junior

Jul 31, 2002
    California
    I have purchased from this company several times and each time the transaction went flawlessly. ************ has a suberb reputation so I don't think they were trying to rip enzomoon off, however, enzomoon raises a good point. The point being: Communication and good customer service are critical to keeping customers happy. EM certainly feels justified in feeling ripped off because his last communication from the seller was over one month ago. Unacceptable behavior. Good story or not. Now the seller has bad publicity on the internet, and this may cause doubt in a potential buyer's mind, and he/she may decide to shy away from this seller in future. Not a prudent move on the seller's part.

Although I'm sure some of us in the past have approached Rob to help with one issue or another, I don't think Rob should have to step in to fix a situation like this. Rob, have you decided when to implement that new sponsor's section we all discussed several months' ago? :)

21. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    ..... and hang out with Snoop Dogg.

22. jakermc

jakermc Formula 3
    Owner

Jan 17, 2004
    Palm Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Rob

I can live with that. The opportunity to bad mouth AllanLambo is the only reason I bought a F-car and joined this community in the first place. :)

23. enzomoon

enzomoon Guest

Rob:

I honestly don't know what to think. All I know is that his last email to me was on 1/13/04, after which he was to look into why I still didn't receive my items(which, to refresh your memory were ordered in early December!).
    To this date, in spite of two additional emails from me, he has not responded. That is the "full story" as you put it.

Regards,

Mark

24. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Don't get me wrong, I don't think that's good communication, but I'm just saying there must be a reason because we all know Jack and ************.com quite well. We all slip up now and then, Jack will tell all.

25. fanatic1

fanatic1 Guest

Nov 1, 2003
    columbus
    Full Name:
    philip
    I too have ordered from Jack. Everything went perfectly. I'm sure for whatever reason, he just hasn't had time to respond to your e mails....it is very possible he hasn't even seen them yet. Everyone should chill out, at least until Jack responds..........2 weeks is a long time, but in the great scheme of things, shipping stuff overseas......it's certainly not preposterous.........good luck, I'm sure it will all work out.

Patience Grasshopper............