What is this color? | FerrariChat

What is this color?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by FTD, Feb 4, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FTD

FTD Rookie

Nov 19, 2003
    New England, USA
    I have a 1992 348ts that is red with a tan leather interior. I'm trying to determine the exact color name/code for the interior. Can anyone help me?

I got the car used and I know the body color is Rosso Corsa 300/12 (racing red) from the plate.

The leather is a kind of orange tan color. Anyone know what the color name/number is in English/Italian? Is this crema or sabbia?

Also the carpets are are tan. What's the color code for that?

Thanks in advance.

2. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Well,I do know that the 'Crema' color is almost White. When I bought my '81 308 a little over 3 years ago,(it's Red with 'Tan' interior. Not quite the Orangier looking Tan that I see in the 348's.) But,There was also an '81 308 there that was Black with the 'Crema' Interior,and that is almost an Off White color. So,you can rule out Crema if yours is the Orange-ish Tan. But,I too, am curious as the the actual name of the 'Tan' color of the Leather in my car is. Also,the carpets,which are another,different 'Tan' color.

3. FAMILY MAN

FAMILY MAN Karting

Nov 24, 2003
    ** Back in those days there were two TAN leather colors. My dealer referred to the darker orange-ish color as 'Tobacco' and the lighter one as ... 'Tan' .
    Then of course the creamy-ish color known as 'Crema'. In Europe there was a white color called 'Magnolia' ... I saw it once in a white Testarossa with red accents. We won't go there ...
    Later on I owned a 1994 348 Spider with the same color ... light Tan leather. If my memory serves me correctly, the 'Tobacco' interior was discontinued by 1994. In 1998 when I bought a red 355b, there was a new darker tan color called 'Natural' which is a reddish tan color. Mine was the traditional lighter Tan ...
    Hope this helps ... check out some of the older Cavallino magazines for pictures regarding these colors.

4. ze_shark

ze_shark Formula 3

Jul 13, 2003
    Switzerland (NW)
    I guess that a picture would help, wouldn't it ?
    Crema is almost white, see http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showpost.php?p=64135&postcount=11
    Sabbia is also whiteish, but with a slight blend of brown/vanilla: http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showpost.php?p=27543&postcount=14
    Based on your description, you have neither, but I let you judge based on pics. Tan is the typical natural leather found on red cars, there is also a darker brown which I attach a picture of here (and find very inappropriate ...)

5. FTD

FTD Rookie

Nov 19, 2003
    New England, USA
    The color names I got from a book on Ferrari V8s (don't have it handy for the title) I had a hunch that crema was the same as Connally Magnolia.

Thanks for the clarification.

It lists 348 leather colors as following: Rosso, crema, Pale grey,grigio, Pale blue charcoal, dark green, sabbia, Dark blue and black.

It does sound like the color refered to as tobacco. That is what I'm going to call it.

The same book refered to rosso corsa as 300/9, but I know my original color plate in the engine compartment states 300/12.

The book it probably wrong on both counts.

6. Sharris

Sharris Karting

Mar 19, 2002
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Full Name:
    Sean Harris
    Here are the original leather samples from the 308, 328, 348 era. The top one is officially know as beige, #3218 and is what almost every one refers to as tan. It is replaced with the new beige # 4208 starting sometime around the 355. The beige in the '87 – ‘88 model year time frame was a bit lighter, and there are always differences from car to car especially as they age.

7. Sharris

Sharris Karting

Mar 19, 2002
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Full Name:
    Sean Harris
    The beige carpets usually found in a beige interior car have always been officially called Castoro 364900 172

8. FTD

FTD Rookie

Nov 19, 2003
    New England, USA
    by Keith Bluemel that I was refering to earlier.

I was hoping it would have anice Italian name for the tan, but biege will do.

Thanks again guys.

9. Steve275

Steve275 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Jun 20, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    Steve
    The Italian for Beige is BEIGE - Sorry.

Steve