What is US customs doing????? | FerrariChat

What is US customs doing?????

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Bob308GTS, Feb 4, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bob308GTS

Bob308GTS Formula 3

Sep 26, 2001
    Aurora,IL
    Full Name:
    Bob Campen
    My current order from Ferrari UK has been held up in customs because of a " high value rubber item ", according to the people at FedEx high value is anything over $5. This order was picked up Fri in the UK and has been delayed because of this " high value rubber Item " with a little luck I may get it today.

BTW the " high value rubber item " is a F%#@ing water pump belt

2. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco
    mistaken as a box of condoms?

3. Dave

Dave F1 Rookie

Apr 15, 2001
    Little Rock
    Full Name:
    David Jones
    I just went through this.... What a load of ****!
    They will send the item back to the shipper in 5 days if you do not make arrangements.
    I had to fill out and fax back paperwork to become an official importer into the US just to receive a piece of camera gear.
    Let me know if you run into any more problems, I have a direct # to whom you need to talk to if you need to go this route.

4. Ferrari_UK

Ferrari_UK Formula 3

Dec 6, 2002
    England
    Full Name:
    Jeff Howe
    Sorry this isn't going right.

We don't usually hear of problems like these. Infact most US customers get their stuff pretty quickly from us as a rule.

Let us know how it is resolved.

Thanks.

5. Bob308GTS

Bob308GTS Formula 3

Sep 26, 2001
    Aurora,IL
    Full Name:
    Bob Campen
    I know Ferrari UK has done all they can do with this, FedEX faxed me the importers ID form monday about 8:30 am I filled it out and faxed right back to them and they still held the shipment. The strange thing about this is the water pump belt is the only item that is holding things up, but there are 4 CV boots in the order also and those were not mentioned. Hopefully it will be at my house tonight

6. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris

lol

$5? thats crap

7. redhead

redhead F1 Rookie

Dec 26, 2001
    Full Name:
    ~Red~
    Be careful with US C on bearings. HIGHLY recomended to source them locally.

BTW- I deal with this crap all the time in getting Bentley parts in. I ordered 8 exh. man gaskets from Crewe last Thursday, should have been here at the latest Tuesday. Just cleared today, and I will see them tommorow. Talk about CRAP

8. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Sorry Bob... Customs sucks. But it's even worse on the Canadian side: last summer I mailed my model cars TO MYSELF from my place in Hawaii to my family's place in Canada (we were moving from HI to Boston, used family in Niagara as transition point). It took a few weeks, so I was there to pick it up in Canada in person. They charged me $40 duty for my own cars - even the built ones.

I said, "that's ME who sent it! It's my property!" Unfortunately being a gov't operation it was centralized in decisions and decentralized in brains so they said the only way to appeal to send the boxes back to Toronto and file an appeal (they hinted at 6-12 weeks process). Frickin government. I hate the Canadian gov't. The health care is crappy too, do not be deceived.

9. Bob308GTS

Bob308GTS Formula 3

Sep 26, 2001
    Aurora,IL
    Full Name:
    Bob Campen
    I finally got it, all is well