Scuderia Rampante's about to open at last! | FerrariChat

Scuderia Rampante's about to open at last!

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain' started by davehelms, Feb 4, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. davehelms

davehelms F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Dave Helms
    Hi guys. The move got delayed due to a health issue with my daughter Jenni that we are working through. Floors, race car frame rack, walls and machine equipment were getting a fresh coat of paint last evening. New security system went in yesterday, and phones hopefully today. New lighting is hung, and wiring is close to finished. Hoists are set to be installed this Saturday. Shelving goes up this evening and will hopefully start to get filled up this weekend. Daughter Niki, her friend Shawn, and Kris (and myself in the evenings and weekends) have been at it for 3 weeks now, cleaning and painting, and does it show. It is turning out to be far nicer than my highest expectations! I will now have the room I need with nothing crowded, and at a price that allows me to hold the shop rate at what it was, and maybe less! I have continued to work at TVM throughout this shop restoration, so the projects do not fall behind schedual. Looks like Monday will be the doors open date if all goes well, but mother nature is going to make this an enclosed trailer, 4 wd move.
    Sherpa, I have the phone number you need. I have the body shop owner comming down to estimate (2) 120 Jaguar roadsters and (2) 328's as soon as I move the cars into the new shop. Quality and honesty beyond belief, and VERY reasonably priced! I have been looking for a body shop like this since I moved to Colorado, and finally found it! Sorry Roland, the one I used on Todd's car missed on the honest part, and I had them repaint it 3 times before Todd even saw it.

I can still be reached at TVM this week, or my cell 303 249 8076. Kris and Niki are there full time now, getting the computer set up and all the final details in place.
    The new number is 303-938-9000 and the shop is about 6 blocks west of TVM at 1780 55th, unit B5 (back of the building) just off the corner of Arapahoe and 55th street.

I can't say enough thank you's to all of you for your friendship, help and support that made this a reality. Where else can you go to work and say that all of your customers are your personal friends? I have been working on the Ferrari's for better than 25 years now, and somehow this just keeps getting more enjoyable. THANKS!

Dave, Kris and Niki Helms,

Scuderia Rampante
    1780 55th St. B5
    Boulder Colorado 80301
    303-938-9000

2. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Congratulations, and most important - best wishes to your daughter for a healthy recovery.

3. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    Dave,
    Congratulations. I'll be up to see you as soon as we have good weather. Take care....Ryan Sabga

4. Mule

Mule F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2003
    Alaska
    Full Name:
    Mule
    Dave,
    Great news and best to the family. I will come up and see you soon.

5. ferrari4pete

ferrari4pete Rookie

Jan 12, 2004
    Boulder,CO USA
    Full Name:
    Pete Greenwald
    Way to go DAVE! Can't wait to come by and say hi. Now you're even closer to my than the last location.
    You're the best!

Pete Greenwald
    Boulder, CO

6. Matt550

Matt550 Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2003
    Littleton Colorado
    Full Name:
    Matt M.
    Dave, Im Matt Mispagel i used to be a lot tech at Ferrari of Denver. Always glad to hear your doing good! best wishes to your sick daughter, hope all is well. I'll try to stop by and say hi one of these days.

7. Roland E Linder

Roland E Linder Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder
    Hello Dave and Chris,
    CONGRATULATION to all of you. We all are behind you and wish you the
    greatest success. This is very good for all the F. friends that you have made over the years. I will be very happy to bring the F40Lm in your new walls. The bad think is that you did such a great job on my car, that she doesn't need anything other than your blessing !!!
    Stay warm, I'll see you soon in your new Scuderia Rampante establisment
    Roland
    F40LM

8. juanito308

juanito308 Karting

Mar 7, 2003
    Littleton, Colorado
    Full Name:
    John
    Congratuations Dave! I know moving on to your own shop will be very rewarding for you and your family. I have given your name to a 308 owner in Fort Collins. He recently move back to Colorado and needs a mechanic in northern Colorado. Gotta build the new business!
    Good luck with the new venture and keep your family healthy.

John Pray
    Littleton, CO

9. davehelms

davehelms F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Dave Helms
    Thanks to all. Jenni is doing much better and is well under way to recovery. These ladies in my life are higher maintaince than any Ferrari could ever be. Each day the shop is looking better. The tireless efforts of Kris, Niki and Shawn are making this happen. Frank has been there throughout and has been a wonderful help on all fronts. By the way Roland, he would like the pig fed only Ravioli di Portobello. Better start scouting the hills behind the ranch.
    Dave

10. Roland E Linder

Roland E Linder Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder
    Well Foks, I had to stop by and see with my own eyes how Dave Helms got his own shop in place.
    This is the place for all of us who need their F.car work on. He is ready to tackle any type of work.The man knows what he is doing and most important, what we need. Plenty room for car storage during the Winter, full tooling for any engine work, the works !!! You can even stop by with your trailer and turn around !
    Got to find him more Ferrari decorations...This is a cool place for all of us in need of a super tuner.
    Stop by and check him out in Boulder
    Roland
    F40LM

11. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna

I have got to see this sweet place for myself. I will be up tomorrow (Tuesday) for a quick look.....Ryan

12. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    Stopped by the shop today and the place looks great. There's plenty of room and the shop has lots of character. Dave will have the rest of the equipment moved in shortly and the place will be set. It's truly a luxury to have someone of Dave's caliber here in the front range. Congratulations again, Dave.

13. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    Is this contact info still correct:

Dave Helms
    Thomas Vintage Motors
    Boulder, CO
    303/449-9112

If not, please post the correct info to this thread. Gotta know where to call if I ever break down travelling through (and around) Colorado! Thanks.

14. davehelms

davehelms F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Dave Helms
    Thanks to all for the kind words. Today I am finally looking forward to getting back to work.

Dave Helms
    Scuderia Rampante
    1780 55th St
    Boulder Colorado 80301
    303-938-9000
    303-938-9006 fax
    ****************@aol.com

15. MarkG

MarkG Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Colorado Springs
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Will drop by on my next 'take the 308 to ToGo's in Boulder' run!!