JCC Event Boca Raton | FerrariChat

JCC Event Boca Raton

Discussion in 'Florida' started by BartonWorkman, Jan 6, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    All exotics are welcome to take part and the entire collection of
    Toyota 2000GTs will be on display.

Overall Event:
    "Shalom Fest 2004"
    Sunday, February 8th
    10am-5pm
    At the Siemens Jewish Campus, Boca Raton, Florida

Event name:
    "Automobilia de Boca Exposition 2004" Featuring the Largest Collection of Toyota 2000GT's outside of Japan and One-of-a- Kind Exotic Cars and Memorabilia Presented by The Zinn Automotive Group

To be displayed as part of the Levis JCC's "Family Fest Fest" area. The
    overall name of the day's event is called "Shalom Fest 2004" which
    includes the 2nd annual Family Fun Fest, the 2nd annual Israel Vendor Fairand the 7th annual Levis JCC/West Boca Medical Center Health & Wellness Expo

AT AUTOMOBILIA de BOCA EXPOSITION
    Come and meet in person, Shin Yoshikawa, author of "Toyota 2000GT: The Complete History of Japan's First Supercar" "This journalistic masterwork totally transforms what we know about the
    2000GT's place in history."

For further details, contact Janet Oppenheimer at [email protected]
    or call 561-852-3253

2. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    Why isn't the event Saturday ???? :)

3. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    I think they do have something going on on the Saturday too. I'm waiting for an exact itenerary from the organziers.

If they dont, perhaps we may wrap something around the Saturday
    just for kicks.

BHW

4. sindo308qv

sindo308qv F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    miami.fl.
    Full Name:
    sindo
    Staurday is the Jewish sabaath day I think.

5. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco
    what about posting directions?

6. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    So you think they will be pissed if we show up on Saturday at the Temple and drive up with the cars? :)

kidding guys, kidding.

7. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    For further details, contact Janet Oppenheimer at [email protected]
    or call 561-852-3253.

BHW

8. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco
    matzah balls

9. itsme

itsme Rookie

Jan 19, 2004
    meat balls!

10. TheCarcierge

TheCarcierge Formula 3

Feb 1, 2004
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Scott Saidel
    The Jewish Sabbath IS on Saturday.

I am somewhat surprised that there are events occurring then. Usually, Jewish religious orginizations avoid scheduling events on Saturday because - as might be obvious - religious Jews will not work (and in some cases will not even travel) on the Sabbath. 4th commandment "Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy" I would suggest that Ferrari (or even general automobile worship is OK, but then you would run afould of #2 "thou shat have no other Gods before me - sorry Enzo).

BTW, the JCC is NOT a temple. Just a social orginazation.

Hope to see some of you there.

Scottie

11. TheCarcierge

TheCarcierge Formula 3

Feb 1, 2004
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Scott Saidel
    The entrance to the JCC is off of Glades Road, just East of 441/St.Rt.7
    You can take either 95 or the Turnpike to the Glades Road Exit and then go West to 95th Ave. (I am pretty sure that it is the last light before 441.

There used to be an entrance behind the Hospital but it has been closed for some time - for security reasons.

More specific directions are available on their website:

http://www.levisjcc.org/

If you have any problems or questions about getting there or the area in general, please fell free to contact me off-chat. I live about 10 minutes from there and know the neighborhood pretty well.

12. sindo308qv

sindo308qv F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    miami.fl.
    Full Name:
    sindo
    Any squids going?

13. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    There better be some Squids there! Martin is on the slopes in Aspen so we better have some turnout! Sindo, Ken, Frank, Pedro, David, PAUL, all you guys should come, its going to be a big deal.

A special corral is going to be provided for those bringing exotics as the
    only cars on display will be from the CZ collection. We will be caravanning them up on Saturday morning from Lexus of Pembroke Pines so anyone wishing to take part in this be at Lexus early Saturday morning, it should be a great sight!

To get into the event, it is $50.00 p/p and there will be plenty of Boca
    Raton police around so security in the corral is taken care of by the
    organizers.

BHW

14. TheCarcierge

TheCarcierge Formula 3

Feb 1, 2004
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Scott Saidel
    Seems a bit silly to me. Have an "automotive concours" and don't invite
    anyone to bring their cars except a single car dealer? Not so much of a
    show as an opportunity for Craig Zinn to display a few cars. I realize that Craig Zinn is very active with the JCC, but turning the Family Funfest into his own private car lot, it a bit meshuga to me and seems somewhat at odds with the nature and purpose of the JCC and the
    event. And it is certainly not a Concours - is Craig going to award himself prizes??

I can't tell you that I will be there or that I have the slightest
    inclination to suggest it to anyone else. Frankly, I am not all that
    plussed by the opportunity to spend $50 to view "the largest collections of Toyota 2000 GTs outside Japan" and one Enzo - since it appears that that is all that is going to be there. Perhaps, I will just walk in to view the exotics in the corral and save myself the $50.

I should also add that I am a bit peeved that 4 emails and 3 phone calls to the JCC regarding additional information about teh event went unanswered - but that is between myself and the JCC. They never seem to have a problem contacting me or my family when they want a donation.

Please let me know when and if you intend to turn this into a real concours and I will be happy to bring a car or two, or three, or ... from my family's collection.

Barton - if you or anyone else would like to get together - outside the
    event - please let me know. I am in the neighborhood.

15. sindo308qv

sindo308qv F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    miami.fl.
    Full Name:
    sindo
    Sorry Barton, $50 p/p is a bit steep. Remember I have a 308 not a 360....ha ha.

16. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    Remembering this is a charity event and that space for the display is limited and there were certain liability issues with regard to having other
    cars on display.

In any case, we will be caravanning up to Boca from Lexus of Pembroke Pines with the entire collection on Saturday morning so if anyone would like to take part in this, it promises to be a lot of fun.

I wasnt aware of a lot of the details until yesterday and it is a first time event so we'll work out some of these problems and be back next year to throw the whole thing open to those whom wish to have their cars on display.

BHW

17. TheCarcierge

TheCarcierge Formula 3

Feb 1, 2004
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Scott Saidel
    To all:

I apologize (a bit) for yesterday's post. I was a bit miffed, and I suppose that came through. I simply can't stand when people do not return calls and emails - particularly when it is an organization that is relentless in its solititations, like the JCC. They NEVER stop asking for donations. I know that Barton is busting his hump on this one - as usual - and I want to specifically apologize to him for losing it like that.

Having looked further, it appears that there is some misinformation out there, having been part of THAT problem, I would like to help to clear it up. According to the website for "Shalom Fest 2004," it is the event Saturday night - the dinner reception with Mr. Yoshikowa - that requires a $50 donation. The event on Sunday is "free and open to the public" Also, according to the map the "concours" (I still don't think it is a concours) is going to be right out front so you don't even have to go into the rest of the event if you are not so inclined.

The event on Sunday runs from 10am to 5pm - perhaps those that intend to attend should set a more specific time to get together. Also, a reminder that the RM Auction at the Polo Grounds is running at the same time and there are some interesting cars going across on Sunday - as usual they save much of the best for the last day and the "big metal" tends to move across towards the middle of the day. Perhaps we can travel over there as a group as well?

I will be at RM starting tomorrow morning, sometime, if anyone else plans to attend and would like to wander around together give me a call on my cell phone (561) 306 - 6560.

Scottie, the person, and Prada the scottie