Sorry, but I am thru with FC for a while | FerrariChat

Sorry, but I am thru with FC for a while

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by maranelloman, Feb 4, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. maranelloman

maranelloman Guest

This may be good news to some. Heaven knows, I have been rude & crude at times here, aod for that I take full responsibility.

But today's thread(s) are probably the all-time worst I have ever witnessed on the cesspool called the internet.

For those who attked DES for such childish, trivial, insecure, chickenschit reasons, SHAME SHAME SHAME. He is a good egg who is just in love with Ferraris, and loves to tell the world about it....and who has finally found a home here among the FC community after a life of wandering. Whatever happened to being real men & contacting him directly if you all really have such a problem with who & what he is??? SHAME!!!!!!!!!

And for DES, for responding in the way you did, SHAME SHAME SHAME. Apologies notwithstanding, my friend, I dont know if I will ever get out of my mind my astonishment to see such a concentrated collection of gutter sludge come from you in this forum. Whatever happened to turning the other cheek and being the better of your detractors??

Goodbye, all. Save your posts of "good riddance"--I know they are coming. I may be back.

2. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    For what it's worth - on any given forum, folks needs breaks for whatever reason they choose, or chooses them, if you will.

Enjoy your well-deserved break, maranelloman

3. snj5

snj5 F1 World Champ

Feb 22, 2003
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Russ Turner
    hey - don't go too far.
    Still need to get in touch when I get to San Antone.

4. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    I feel exactly as you do MM....just take a breather my man, there are plenty of people here (myself included) who will miss you if you go for good. Who the hell will give us our fantastic animations and pics?????? Especially that picture of that one goofy lookin bastard (sorry, hope it's not a self portrait!!). See ya soon buddy, Jerry.

5. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Take care MM - Hope you find your way back soon.

6. Horsefly

Horsefly F1 Veteran

May 14, 2002
    He rode into F-chat City with a Texas hog leg strapped to his side. Before the Liberals could clear leather, they were just another notch on his conservative Prancing Colt 45. They never caught his real name, but his legend is still talked about. They called him Maranello Dave.

7. whart

whart F1 Veteran
    Honorary

Dec 5, 2001
    Grandview NY
    Full Name:
    Herr Prof.
    Hey Dave: Don't let the.... Just KIDDING! Take a break, but don't go. YOur friend, Bill Hart

8. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Hope your not gone for long.

9. Nibblesworth

Nibblesworth Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 29, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    BillyBoy
    I would assume that some of my responses are causing this, but all I have to say is....WTF?

Are you serious? Perhaps taking a break is warranted if a thread or two gets you worked up enought to leave.

And, if this is the worst thing you've seen on the internet, well....I guess you don't have the same internet I do! :)

If you gotta go for a while, why not take a break from OT? Like I said before, GFD seems to stay pretty damn on topic and valuable to me.

Either way, see ya.

10. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Dave, you are loved, my man. You can't go. Who is gonna keep Art honest when he gets back from helping out south of the border commies?

Dale

11. EVartanian

EVartanian Formula 3

Mar 19, 2002
    Sunny SoCal
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Don't stray too far Dave, hope to see you back soon! Have a nice break!
    :)

Eric

12. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    Of course this is not the worst that he's seen on the internet, that's why he chooses F chat, to avoid (normally) all of the imbecile garbage out there....and no, I am not directing the imbecile thing specifically at you.

13. I'm sure Rob would agree with me when I say, "Don't let the door hitcha where the good Lord splitcha".

14. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    Now you speak for Rob, ha?

15. I don't speak for Rob, but I do know he's not very big on whining or complaining, without offering suggestions on how to improve problems.

16. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    I don't think suggestions are needed to improve the crap that happened today. It's pretty obvious.

DJ

17. Mako99

Mako99 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 29, 2003
    I'm still pissed that I missed the thread in question, it's like showing up at a city's gates AFTER the nuke went off.

All that's left now are a bunch of disfigured mutants, trying to paw me to death. No fun.

18. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Have you read it?

19. I think things like this are bound to happen once in a while. People are human beings, and as human beings we run through a wide range of emotions; anger, sadness, happiness, etc. Once in a while, people get angry for a variety of reasons, and some people keep their anger bottled up inside, while some others release it. If today's meaningless flame wars (which I have contributed to, regretfully) are just blips on the FC radar, then I don't think any of you have anything to worry about.

No, I don't feel that the quality of the site is going down, or that the "Ferrari vs Lambo" discussions make FC a bad place to be. I for one, find that those kind of discussions help the board rather than hurt it, as long as the threads don't degenerate into flame wars. But let me continue on the Ferrari v.s. Lambo arguments, what's wrong with talking about it anyway? The "House of the Raging Bull" and the "House of the Rampant Horse" are two great car manufacturers, and you can't talk about the history of one without talking about the history of the other.

As far as Dave leaving this message board, I apologize for my earlier comments and now that I think about it, I don't understand why Dave is leaving FC on account of one flame thread. God knows how many he's started and contributed too. I don't mean to insult him, but when he was going after JRV no one said that they were leaving FC because of it.

Anyway, I'm done rambling.

20. KMS

KMS Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 22, 2003
    I agree Mako.

21. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    There is nothing wrong with talking about it. The problem comes in when people make it personal. Why does Allan feel the need to talk about Des' personnal life? Comes across as a bully.

22. karmavore

karmavore Formula 3

Dec 29, 2002
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Karmavore
    ...speaking of attention whores.

Hey Dave, I'll bet you pretended to be offended by Janet Jackson too, right?

Luke.

23. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    Dave,

I happen to enjoy your posts and I hope you return soon. :)

24. Prugna 328

Prugna 328 Formula 3

Sep 10, 2003
    L.I.N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Gregory
    Come back soon.

25. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I could say a bunch, but instead... nobody should take ferrarichat.com seriously but me.