New Lotus | Page 2 | FerrariChat

New Lotus

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Mark(study), Feb 3, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Trust me, ive seen them. A buddy of mine just built an 1800hp Turbo Chevelle. The turbo is the size of a Porsche motor! But it really is undriveable on the street.

2. Mojo

Mojo Formula 3

Sep 24, 2002
    Washington St.
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    Allen
    couldn't that 1800hp chevelle beat all Porsche's?
    why is it not streetable? just to much power?

3. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    The Chevelle is a monster. The only way it can put the power to the ground is on mickey thompson full slicks. On any sort of street tire, it would just roast the tires while the Porsche would be up and gone. Also, would you want to be in a Chevelle at 200mph or a Porsche?

4. Mojo

Mojo Formula 3

Sep 24, 2002
    Washington St.
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    Good point!!
    Still would like to have a 89 911 turbo someday.
    Married with kids, so buy the time I get one it will probably
    be a 996TT or a GT3. :)

5. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    Fabulous! I love the blue. ..and you know it will kick Ferrari's ass into next week for a fraction of the price and be twice as exclusive.

Luke.

Karmavore, by your recent political ramblings I pegged you for a moron and now I know for sure you are one. Lotus are great cars, my dad has had an '88 Esprit turbo and currently has a '00 V8 TT and it is an awesome car in looks, acceleration, etc. But last weekend I stopped in to Lamborghini of Atlanta and discovered that the car he paid $84,000 cash for 3 1/2 years agao is now worth about 40k, and it only has about 3200 miles on it. Lotus HAS NEVER made a car that could kick a Ferraris ass, and CERTAINLY not be twice as exclusive. Lotus Cars,USA cannot give the things away, go ask any dealer. Why do you think Paul Spruell got out of the brand, and before that Jim Ellis had them in the '80s. It really is a shame though because I know from experience they are awesome cars, but definately not in the same league as Ferrari. BTW, we use the same detailer.

Far-fig-nugen with your Wolfsburg mobile !!

Next time know from where which you speak !!! FORZA FERRARI

6. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    A 2000 Esprit is worth around 50K, not 40. But they do depreciate, and then level off. This has nothing to do with the fact as to how they perform. Any Lotus V8tt, is a substantially better performer than a 348,355 and 360, and far more exotic looking. Much better bang for the buck. Id rather drive my Lotus than my 355 anyday.

7. djs308

djs308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2002
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    David S.
    If anybody has a good Esprit they want to give away for free, I'm ready!! Not sure why they can't get rid of them. I'll be more than happy to have one, 4 or V8, I'm not picky.