Chicago's Scaglietti | FerrariChat

Chicago's Scaglietti

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by NotRed, Feb 3, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. NotRed

NotRed Rookie

Jan 15, 2004
    Windy City
    Full Name:
    Drew Massa
    Those of faithful who will be visiting our automotive "ground zero" a.k.a. The Chicago Auto Show, will be treated to the following feast at the Ferrari/Maserati booth: A (new color) blue 612 Scaglietti, a (sort of ) pearl white Quattroporte,( please don't call it quattro as in Audi--as people there are already doing), a dark grey Maser coupe, and a silver-grey 575.

The term "it looks better than the pictures" is certainly true in the case of the 612. In the flesh, this Scaglietti is much more elegant and imposing than any photo can relate.

Ferrari clearly hit a home run with this car and the only question, if any,would be, "what color would I get ? "

(The show opens this Friday--the best parking is the self-park at the adjacent Hyatt Hotel, which fills up quickly. And of course there is NO good parking anywhere at McCormick for an F-car--not that you should even consider bringing one.)

Drew

2. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Thanks for that "heads up" Drew. I only saw pictures and drawings of the 612,until I got my last (Feb.) issue of the FCA News bulletin. And,it has a nice shot of it's back side on the cover. Much nicer than what I've seen,so far. Can't wait to see it in 'person'. I usually park at the Parking garage on King Drive, Just West (across the street) of McCormick Place. It has a heated walkway that goes across,(over) King Drive,and brings you right in. I love the Auto Show,and have not missed one since my first one in 1970. But,it looks like there's really going to be alot of Great new stuff...especially from Italy. But,as I am also a 'Vette guy,looking forward to checking out the C6- '05 Model. Time to get rid of my HotRod C4. I totally missed,(ignored,maybe?) The whole C5 generation of Vettes, Too much into Ferrari the past few years.:)

3. NotRed

NotRed Rookie

Jan 15, 2004
    Windy City
    Full Name:
    Drew Massa
    There is the new C6 on the turntable and it's "red". Not (a very good) Red to me as it does not do the car justice. GM has the potential to have a winner with this body. ( But what could be better than a mid-year roadster with a big block and those sidepipes rumbling next to your left ear ??)

4. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Looking forward to see the Scaglietti.

I'll go the autoshow either next Tuesday or Thursday later afternoon. In case somebody wants to join.

I'll go there by cab.

5. DVOgoalie25

DVOgoalie25 Rookie

Jan 11, 2004
    Evanston
    Full Name:
    Brendon
    Hey thanks thats good to know i will be at the auto show next tuesday, and i was wondering what i would see at the ferrari booth, thanks!!!

6. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Welcome to the board and just keep an eye on ebay, Ferris' car is there on sale once in a while.
    :)

7. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    What,the smashed up one?

8. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Not sure it really got smashed up. Once in a while it is back on ebay for sale. Can't say whether it is the one from the movie or just another look alike. But they do come back. Interior is not up to spec though.

9. Tod328gts

Tod328gts Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2003
    River Forest, IL
    Full Name:
    Tod Whitmore
  10. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
  11. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    That car (the burned 328) is also advertised in this months Hemmings. As,"Sacrifice.Best Offer". Yes,would make a great 288 Conversion. Actually,I was on the Italian Auto (Mr.Hooper in AZ.) Site. He also sells the 288 body kits. He has an,I believe,'87 328,with 75,000 miles. But,For Sale for like,$28K. Plus a couple cars with minor front end damage.

12. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    Finally got to see(and sit in ) the 612.
    Looks sooo much better in person,classy,beautiful machine.
    I was really surprised how comfortable the driving position is for my frame(6'4" with 220 lbs)
    I can't wait.....