Chances of a Democrat win in '04? | FerrariChat

Chances of a Democrat win in '04?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Nibblesworth, Feb 4, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Nibblesworth

Nibblesworth Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 29, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    BillyBoy
    It looks as though Kerry will probably take the nomination.

What are the chances that he'll beat Bush in '04?

I was kind of hoping for Dean to take the nomination, as I didn't see him winning the election. But is Kerry a threat?

2. racerx

racerx Guest

Nov 23, 2003
    Me too. All we need is dukakis' no. 2. Mass. is a corrupt democrat hack state, i would hate to see the country go that way. Perhaps a few pics of kerry, teddy, and billy b. at the st paddys day party will fill the willie horton role.
    T

3. davem

davem F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2002
    Stepford, Connecticut
    Full Name:
    dave m
    Will Cheney still be V.P on the Bush ticket??

4. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    R -> D changes: '60, '76, '92. We're not due till '08. ;)

5. karmavore

karmavore Formula 3

Dec 29, 2002
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Karmavore
    I say 50,50

You all make me laugh. But I really don't wanna argue. One man against an Army aint fair.

Luke.

6. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    51/49. bush over kerry.

too much hate and vitriol on both sides will keep the race very close. 90pct of the population will be voting on emotion and not evaluation.

7. Evolved

Evolved F1 Veteran

Nov 5, 2003
    55/45 Bush. Dems could put up Micky Mouse and pick up 40%. The extreme left "I hate Bush" is 5%. Bush will get everyone else thanks to new corporate welfare programs that'll make the econony look rosy this year..

8. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    That's actually what I've been wondering. I kinda hope he kicks him to the curb, and replaces him with oh lets say Juliauni(sp?).

9. Nibblesworth

Nibblesworth Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 29, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    BillyBoy

I like Bush, and I like his policies. But what I like most about him is the fact that he does what he wants to do. While this is nice for people like me, and of course, people like him, it does turn him into the Uber-Polarizer. The hate and vitriol is pretty severe, and I'm almost positive that your 51/49 is spot on.

Like I said, I like Bush and apprecite his decisiveness (sp??), but he has done a real number on dividing the nation.

10. Juice It

Juice It F1 Rookie

Sep 22, 2002
    Maryland (DC Suburb)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    I was hoping for Sharpton myself so it wouldn't even be an issue. You would think Americans would not want to change the administration in the middle of the current clean up process but who knows.

11. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    im a bush'e.

i think bush loses. too many idiots, people looking for free hand outs, social handouts etc. the bottom half is outbreading the top and growing dependant on their "rights" to anything and everything.

fewer are contributing to this countries success.

my solution:

your vote should be weighted to what you pay in taxes.

sorry to say but a us citizen really isnt worth the paper its printed on anymore.

12. karmavore

karmavore Formula 3

Dec 29, 2002
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Karmavore

i.e., the environment, health care, social security, world wide respect...

Luke.

13. MarkG

MarkG Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Colorado Springs
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Bush will take it in a record setting landslide victory, due to Ossam being caught around Nov 2nd

14. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    The thing I see for the "Bushies" to be worried about is that Dean Kerry Edwards and Clark have managed to get a great deal of NEW people out to the primaries. Out there someplace is a very large Any Body But Bush movement. Not just the Radical Left but a bunch of people who don't like what he has done and how he has managed to Polarize everything around him with the "Ya'll are wit us or a'gan us" attitued to everything.

This being said I can only express my opinions here I can't vote, being one of them Imeeegrant Forigner's from a country that didn't Support...

15. Nibblesworth

Nibblesworth Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 29, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    BillyBoy
    I would tend to think that large voter turn out is due to the 2000 election. I just might be that people actually take their ability to vote seriously this year.

Of course, it may be completely pissed of people that have changed their minds, but if that's the case, I think we'll an equally sized amount of Bush loyalist turn out in order to defend against the haters.

16. karmavore

karmavore Formula 3

Dec 29, 2002
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Karmavore
    I'm sure it'll be close, but there's no way we can even begin to guess until Bush *officially* starts his campaign. Right now it's all about us Dems.

Luke.

17. Gman

Gman Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 15, 2003
    York, PA
    I was doing more than hoping for Dean to be the candidate. I actually went and changed my party affiliation from Rep to (and this pains me to say in public) Dem so that I could participate in the Pennsylvania primary. I figured I would help give the Liberals what they are hoping for, a public debate between 2 philosophical ideas. One being that we need to tie our foreign policy to the UN and the other opinion that American will not relegate our security to a group discussion that involves other countries that have their own agenda. I am sorry to say it appears that after next week Howard is not going to be around for me to even cast a vote for him come the primary. I will need to change parties back to where it has been for the past 28 years.

As for Kerry and Bush, once the campaign truly begins and we get a chance to focus on the 2 contenders, I am sure that GW will start to show upward numbers. For now all focus in the media is on the Democratic Party line so this is all we hear. Once the Republicans get “equal time” the true countrywide debate will start and then we will see where the nations conscience truly is

18. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

guys,

it looks like dubyah began today in charleston. it was a pretty weak speach but clearly one geared to the election. i do wonder if it was a trip paid for out of his campaign war chest (he has over $200 mm) or was it a tax payer excercise. it would seem the later as he had tom ridge and airforce 1 in tow.

while i think the election will be close on the pop vote, i think it may very well be a landslide as it relates to the electoral college in dubya's favor.

it has been pointed out in this thread however that there has been unheard of turn out in the primarys...good to hear there seems less voter apathy on the dem's side. I think kerry may be very strong and a viable dem.

question...i have been wondering that in recent events in cali where the debates were not attended by arnie unless he had all the questions and was given ample time to figure out his responses...do you think that bush may refuse to debate kerry or other? could that be the new trend?

i want to hear some thoughts on this ...let's remember we all have a few things in common on this site, so let's be civil.

pcb

19. Robin

Robin F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Arlington, VA
    So you want to take us back to the 18th century eh? Fantastic. While we're at it, let's put a king in power.. kill everyone who's not christian and who won't convert...heck, the dark ages were the best! The core tenet of our representative republic (yes, not a democracy..) is that someone looks out for the little guy. This was the goal of our founding fathers. I bet you consider yourself a huge patriot too, and have american flags all over your car. Kind of ironic...

Anyway, I'm pretty sure if Kerry gets the nomination he'll win. I'd like to see Kerry/Edwards or Kerry/Henry Ford Jr. I'm predicting somewhere around 60/40 for the win.

Bush barely squeaked by last time around, so it's a 50/50 dead heat going into this thing.. but I think a lot of swing voters are going to take a look at the direction we've been taken in the last 3 years and not walk, but run towards anyone who can replace him. I'm also thinking there will be record voter turnout for this one...

-R

20. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

sorry about my spelling...i was multi tasking and did not spell check.

pcb

21. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    In a REAL debate I don't think Bush would do very well, you can see them scramble when his eyes wander from the teleprompter....

22. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    karmovore,
    the country's environment, health care system, and social security are either in the same place or better than they were 5 years ago - so no use pointing that stick at bush.

as for world wide respect, that is a matter of opinion. having lived overseas for 30 years, and still am, i see this as just another part of the cycle. the french could never really bring themselves to openly like us - but that is the same way they feel about every other country. the rest of them have the same percentage of admirers and detractors as before, its just that you are more aware of those differences now that you are an adult and read the paper and watch the news. this is a very similar period to the middle of the reagan era when we were placing pershing missiles in europe. same rhetoric about war mongering and not listening to our allies etc. the result of those bold steps speak for themselves.
    foreign policy is not a popularity contest. nor is striving to be popular effective. for example, we were quite 'popular' during the clinton years, but this did not stop or dissuade al queda from planning 9/11.

one of the job's of the president is to guard his citizens against harm, and i feel far more comfortable knowing where bush stands vs having to guess where clinton would side, or where kerry will be swayed by his buddy ted.

23. karmavore

karmavore Formula 3

Dec 29, 2002
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Karmavore
    You I like; you sound intellegent and make a point, but I have to disagree with you on most things, especially the enviornmet.

Luke.

24. karmavore

karmavore Formula 3

Dec 29, 2002
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Karmavore
    You I really, really like. ;)

25. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    i.e., the environment, health care, social security, world wide respect...

Luke.

Post your liberal mantras some where else, I for one am personally sick and tired of all the people that think they are ENTITLED to something in this country !! The very fact that any correct-minded person could think that we need to revert to *****-boys from the left at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue is anathema to me. I'm so sure that Al Gore would have really put Osama and Sadaam in their place if he had occupied the White House. PUU --L- EEEEZZZZZEEE!!!