Dr. Tax | FerrariChat

Dr. Tax

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by AnotherDunneDeal, Feb 5, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AnotherDunneDeal

AnotherDunneDeal F1 Veteran

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    Dr. Tax,
    You have PM

2. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Did you get my response? This !#$% virus crap has really screwed up my email accounts. Don't know what's working anymore.

thx

3. Enzo

Enzo F1 Rookie

Feb 14, 2002
    MinneSOta
    Full Name:
    Pat Pasqualini
    Dr Tax,

What type of virus problems are you having? Anything I can help out with?

4. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    It's that damn mydoom thingie. I guess my email addresses must have been looking for love in all the wrong places because I keep going through periodic floods of this darn thing.

It has gotten so bad that I have to use the backdoor to check my email and delete the viruses before they get downloaded onto my computer. Between the virus attachments and spam, I sometimes have to delete over 100 emails an hour. And sometimes in the process I wipe all real emails.

So yeah, you can do something for me. Find this mofo and tell him that Bubba in Texas wants to talk to him. Face-to-Face

Thx

5. Enzo

Enzo F1 Rookie

Feb 14, 2002
    MinneSOta
    Full Name:
    Pat Pasqualini
    "So yeah, you can do something for me. Find this mofo and tell him that Bubba in Texas wants to talk to him. Face-to-Face"

LOL You might have to get in line on that one. What Anti-Virus software are you running. Most of the Anti-Virus programs out there right now (that have current virus definitions) are stopping this MYDOOM virus. Spam is anthoer problem all together. I know there is software out there for spam also but never tried it since I have created a hotmail account just for when I need to put an e-mail address out on the web somewhere that I don't trust 100%. Then all the spam will go there and not your real account.

6. AnotherDunneDeal

AnotherDunneDeal F1 Veteran

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
  7. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Enzo, I use Norton, and I never open attachments unless I'm expecting one. So the problem is not that my computer is getting inflected. The problem is that whenever a virus bug sneaks past my email, I have to stop and use Norton to zap the damn thing, which takes up time, etc. etc. etc.

You see, I was a happy little clam before all these darn computers came around. Now, I waste more time than ever. Such is progress, eh?

Dr "The only good virus is a dead virus" Tax

8. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    James, check your email.

9. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Hey, Dale... i thought my computer was a goner until i spoke with Pat (Enzo); he knows his stuff...

10. Doug

Doug Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    Louisville KY
    Full Name:
    Doug
    Please speak up.
    I have no virus as well and just downloaded $100 from Norton's. I still get these undeliverable emails at the rate of about 25 per hour. I set up some spam blockers, but I still have to filter through that file to make sure. I sent 2 tests from my company email to my preivat and Nortons called it spam.
    Any suggestions?

11. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Doug, you don't want to ask me any computer questions. I'll gladly take on the IRS before even thinking about fooling around with these @$#%@^ things.

Like you, I have Norton. I also use Eudora because most of the viruses seem to go after Outlook, and Eudora does have a pretty good spam blocker.

All I know to do is use the Web to check my email on my web server before downloading to my computer. That way I can zap these buggers before they hatch. But sometimes I get carried away with my zapping and kill real emails. <sigh>. I don't know any answers other than that. But if you find the addresses of any of these sickos, pls let me know. I'll send Frankie over to give them my regards.

Good Luck, DrTax