New Ford GT and Saleen at Tarrant Couty Auto Show | FerrariChat

New Ford GT and Saleen at Tarrant Couty Auto Show

Discussion in 'Texas' started by AnotherDunneDeal, Feb 5, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AnotherDunneDeal

AnotherDunneDeal F1 Veteran

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    Starting today at the Fort Worth Convention Center is the Tarrant County Auto Show. Saw a picture in this mornings paper of a red Ford GT on display. There was a Saleen being set up next to the Audi display and Aston Martin is directly across from us.

Try to make it out. We are going to give away in a drawing one of the Audi Driving Experience courses that is put on by Panoz Racing School at Texas Motor Speedway. I will be there from 2pm until 10pm on Saturday and from 2pm until 6pm on Sunday.

2. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    Thanks for the Heads up James

3. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    James, I'll never forget the look on your face last year at the Ferrari booth for the Dallas show. Mobs of people climbing all over the cars, including the Enzo.

4. AnotherDunneDeal

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    Remember when the girl, who looked like a stripper by the way, actually got up on the Enzo display and tried to lay across the nose of it so her boyfriend could take a picture? She actually got pissed when I told her she had to get off. Cursed me out as they left the display area. And then those who unlocked the door of the 360 Spider so they could get their pictures made in it.

And finally, the 4 year old who crawled in under the rope and ran and dove in the passenger side window opening of the #35 360GT? And this was done while Mr. Risi was standing at the rear of the car. He had his legs hanging outside the door with his head and upper body inside the car and was kicking his toes against the outside of the door trying to finish getting in. I walked (you might say ran) over to the car and gently lifted him out of the car and asked very politely for him to stay off the cars. His dad , who had witnessed the whole thing, came over and told me if I ever touched his kid again he would beat the H#ll out of me. I had to call security over and they asked the dad to leave the show.

Man it was crazy last year...................................

5. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Yeah, I remember that girl. I also remember a girl leaning against the 575 in her jeans, the rivets rubbing against the paint. That was just before you guys closed off the entire display.

6. AnotherDunneDeal

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    There were also some girls who got in the 360 Spider and stood up in the seats and were going to lift their t-shirts up and have aguy take a picture. Stopped them from doing that also before we roped everything off. Maybe I should a waited a minute or two........:>)

7. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    I was there last night to check it out, saw it last year at the Houston show as well. I liked the 2005 Mustang GT, it would make a sweet Mach 1.

Some Aston Martins are there as well, but I'm much of a fan of them, damn salesman would not let me get behind the ropes to check out the F1 style paddle shifter, thats all I asked to do. What a DINGUS.

Sorry I missed you James, it was really great to meet you the other day.

8. AnotherDunneDeal

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    #8 AnotherDunneDeal, Feb 7, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    You too William.

I will be there about 3pm today until 10pm and again tomorrow from 2pm until 6pm.

And I will let you sit in any of our cars on display. Unfortunately we do not have any real special vehicles there this year. But, if anyone wants to come by the dealership, just let me know when and we can take out an S4 or possibly our last remaining RS6. Yes, we sold the other 5 we had. A man flew in this morning to take the black one. He is good friends with the Challenge Race Team manager for Scottsdale Ferrari and is Porsche racer himself (club-not pro).

As Bob Barker would say "F/C er's,,,,,come on down"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. jonesn

jonesn Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    STL-MO
    Full Name:
    Evan "Trouble" Jones
    Wow. I do remember that now, how those people lost their sense of respect (if they ever had it) for others' property. They couldn't comprehend how nice is was of Mr Risi to allow anyone into the Ferrari booth, something I've never seen. Maybe they're better off not allowing it?

10. KennyH

KennyH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 13, 2001
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    Damn I wish I made it to that show, sounds like fun!