Any Pitaressi (PIR) Graduates Out There? | FerrariChat

Any Pitaressi (PIR) Graduates Out There?

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by Willdief, Feb 5, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Willdief

Willdief Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Mercer Island, WA
    Full Name:
    Will Diefenbach
    Hi Folks,
    Has anyone taken any of the Pitaressi driving schools at Portland Int'l Raceway? I'm looking for some feedback on their programs.
    Thanks,
    Will

2. Tonycan

Tonycan Formula Junior

Mar 18, 2002
    Here and there
    Full Name:
    Tony C.
    I've taken their skid car safety course and completed Pro Drive's three-day road racing course. Highly recommended. They are a great bunch of people. Todd Harris, who runs the school, is one of the smoothest and fastest racers around. They also provided me with crew support for a couple of years in my Radical, which I continue to race at PIR. They use Spec Racer Fords in their program. Hard to go wrong with Pro Drive. In the spirit of full disclosure, I should point out that I am also an instructor for their high-performance driving school.

3. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    I took their course about ten years ago, when they were using Toyota MR2s. I had a good experience. My brother also used to instruct for them part time.

4. 4re gt4

4re gt4 Formula 3

Apr 23, 2002
    Roseburg, OR
    Full Name:
    Hans E. Hansen
    I took the half day "Intro" course with my son. Used the Spec Racer Fords. A real hoot, but not enough track time.

BTW, if you haven't done a skid car before, I guarantee that it's the single best way to make you look like an idiot. There's usually a passenger or two in the car also, and you'll bust a gut laughing.