Ferrari 308 .vs. Fiat distr rotor? | FerrariChat

Ferrari 308 .vs. Fiat distr rotor?

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by 4re gt4, Feb 5, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 4re gt4

4re gt4 Formula 3

Apr 23, 2002
    Roseburg, OR
    Full Name:
    Hans E. Hansen
    The following link suggests using a Fiat distr rotor for early twin distr 308s.

http://www.ferrarichat.com/discus/messages/256120/251943.html

Ferrari # 95300289, Fiat # 9924394

However, I called GT Car Parts and they insisted that the rotors are different. Specifically, the Fiat part's 'nose' is a bit short and it might cause a misfire.

Has anyone carefully compared them?

2. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    The nose is different, they wont work.

3. 4re gt4

4re gt4 Formula 3

Apr 23, 2002
    Roseburg, OR
    Full Name:
    Hans E. Hansen
    Thanks, Newman.

Are you comparing the Fiat rotor to the Ferrari, or the early .vs. late Ferrari rotors? I know that the later F-rotor is a bit different, but can be altered.

The rotors currently on my car look just like the Fiat one pictured in the thread mentioned above.

4. Steve King

Steve King F1 Rookie

Feb 15, 2001
    NY
    I bought 1 but did not try it yet. 2 problems I can see. The brass tip is a bit shorter and the inside diameter is slightly larger. So you need a shim when you slide it on the shaft. I will try to modify it and see if it works. I'll keep you posted.

5. Slim

Slim Formula 3

Oct 11, 2001
    Pacifica, CA, USA
    Full Name:
    richard
    I would suggest that whatever you do, make sure you get an actual Marelli part. I've had aftermarket ones for both the Dino engine and my Fiat dohc engines and they were terrible.