Improving Legibility/Lighting of Speedometer on 355 | FerrariChat

Improving Legibility/Lighting of Speedometer on 355

Discussion in '348/355' started by arezzo, Nov 1, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. arezzo

arezzo Formula Junior

Jul 29, 2003
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    SH
    Somehow I feel the dials on my car aren't bright enough. That Green is also getting to me. Not that I hate them but I want to get innovative with the dials and improve legibility.

Any ideas on where to go to get new dials with improved backlighting? Is it possible to change the color from Green to 512 TR Orange?

I have the Enjoy Ferrari Magazine from Japan and I saw a 355 in there with White Dials to match the cars white color. It had the Ferrari Logos and everything. Believe me it looked amazing. If you can get the dials in White I am sure the company that made them has other colors.

The problem is that I can't read Japanese so can't figure out which company does these custom dials for 355s.

Any one know who it is and how I can get to do the changes I want?

Thanks

2. madturk

madturk Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    Williston, ND
    Full Name:
    Seyhan Kilincci
    I am getting custom made color gauges for my 355. I am thinking red gauges kind of like the Enzo.
    If anyone is interested drop me a line and I'll hook you up. Any color you want even carbon fiber is fine.
    Thanks people

3. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Madturk: are you having them done to look exactly like the Enzo's? How much are they charging, if you don't mind my asking?

--Dan

4. madturk

madturk Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    Williston, ND
    Full Name:
    Seyhan Kilincci
    I wanted this for a while and I looked and looked no one is making them. So I am getting them done. It's costing me $900.00 for 10 sets and all I need is just one since I have only one 355. I figured, sell the rest of them for $90 a set. I just send the original dash yesterday and I should have them back by next friday. I ordered 5 in red, 2 in yellow, and 3 in carbon fiber. The white lettering will stay the same( numbers, lines, the horse, etc...), only the background color will change and it'll lays right on top. I am going for the Enzo look myself so I'll have it in red.

5. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Applicable only to the 355, or is it the same instrument cluster for the 550? I suppose redline is different...

--Dan

6. madturk

madturk Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    Williston, ND
    Full Name:
    Seyhan Kilincci
    I am sorry man never had the privilige to drive the 550 so I am not sure at all. I send them my insturement cluster out of the 355. So it'll fit 355. That's all I know.

7. ferrarist

ferrarist Formula Junior

Mar 16, 2001
    Istanbul / TURKEY
    Full Name:
    I.K.
    hi seyhan,

did you buy another 355 or repaired old one?
    i thought that it was unable to repair although i didn't see any pics.

izel

8. madturk

madturk Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    Williston, ND
    Full Name:
    Seyhan Kilincci
    It's still alive and another week or 10 more days it'll be back and better then new.
    It's aliveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
    Thanks Izel

9. ferrarist

ferrarist Formula Junior

Mar 16, 2001
    Istanbul / TURKEY
    Full Name:
    I.K.
    Hey nice to hear that!

10. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Not remotely the same.

11. FL 355

FL 355 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2002
    Ft Laud
    Full Name:
    Frank Lipinski
    Madturk - All the gauges or just the speedo and tach?