Last nights club meet | FerrariChat

Last nights club meet

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by daz355, Feb 6, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. daz355

daz355 Formula Junior

Jan 31, 2004
    MclarenVille
    Full Name:
    Darren P
    Did any of you feel a bit disappionted in the meet last night?I would of thought that as it was the first meet of the year we would have been discussing what we would like to for this year.I also noticed that there seemed to be cliques forming as the old guard didn't want to mix with the new.Or was it just me noticing this.
    I suppose it will be up to us to organise our own events so if you have any ideas then lets post them!!!!!!
    Darren

2. forzarich

forzarich Karting

Nov 11, 2003
    Dorset, UK
    An interesting point, I found this with a certain other car club, I went along to a meet and it was dull as dishwater, only ever went to one other but that time took my 360 just to pi$$ em all off :D
    Sad little geeky muppet that I am ;)

Hopefully the person who makes the effort to organise the meet can also make the effort to welcome the lost souls into the fold where we can all live happily ever after....

PS: I'm bored.... :)

3. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J

Darren,

I think it will take a bit of time to settle in, lots of changes and new faces always needs some nuturing....But your right theres a lot to discuss and the next meeting can touch on these issues.

Stig perhaps a small list of things to discuss??

Paitience is needed

Joe

Darren nice to meet you last night and look forward to seeing your car..

4. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Morning Joe,
    how many turned up and was it worth the effort?
    T

5. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J
    You got pm

6. sletti

sletti F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 19, 2003
    NW Kent
    Full Name:
    Stig W
    Joe, Daz,

All good points.

One thing to bear in mind is that the Kent section has been managed by it's current rep for 14 years. There is not going to be an overnight change, and patience is the key. Next time we meet (4th March), I think we should start pushing ourselves towards the Kent folk, and show ourselves to open and accomodating.

Yesterday I thought we faced a bit of a wall (and perhaps they did as well), but I for one am not afraid of getting my hands dirty, and setting to work tearing it down. But if we go carefully me may have to make it a window first, if you see what I mean.

I really enjoyed sitting around having a chat and I look forward to the next one...

Major Sletti

7. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J
    Here Here ..your trusty private....

Did you here hear that lovely fcar sound as i set off and woke up all of Sleepy Farningham....oppps!!

Sorry to all the lovely residence...

Brands Hatch may be the betta venue?? What do ya think sargent Major Sir!!

8. daz355

daz355 Formula Junior

Jan 31, 2004
    MclarenVille
    Full Name:
    Darren P
    There's no reason why we cannot hold another meet during the month at Brands.I'm all up for a jolly.

9. ChrisP

ChrisP Karting

Nov 26, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Hi all,
    Firstly, thoroughly enjoyed last nights meeting. It`s a shame I didn`t meet everybody that was there but sure we will all get together soon and perhaps we should all circulate more.

Secondly, thank you all for making Janice so welcome. She enjoyed the evening as well (wants to come again next time!).

Lastly, I think Stig suggested 1 evening & 1 daymeet per month and I think that would be about the right level. We all have other interests and commitments. Looking fwd to the next gathering.

Chris

10. mal

mal Formula Junior

Jan 12, 2004
    Kent
    Sorry I couldnt make it I was heading through Beckenham at about 10.30 and felt it was just too late, but I will definately join you next month hopefully with the Fcar.

Hope you had a good night.

NB I have been involved with car clubs for years and there is always a bit of cliquiness but you just have to relax and take it easy but use it to meet the people whose company you enjoy

Cheers

Mal

11. stevetr

stevetr Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2003
    Surrey, UK
    Full Name:
    Stephen
    I enjoyed meeting everyone again, but also felt slightly disappointed with the lack of organisation. Breaking off into individual groups is great but i felt that the rep (peter) should have addressed everone together at some point in the evening and we should have had a 'round table' discussion about what we all want from the meetings. Even the most basic agenda would have been helpful, e.g.:

1) welcome from Peter
    2) introductions (we all get a one minute spot to introduce ourselves and describe our car)
    3) drive outs - what would we like to see organised?
    4) track days - what do we want?
    5) other events
    6) aob/general discussion

Then the 'official' meeting could break for us to chat informally.

Or something like that anyway.

Steve

12. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J
    Steve,

I think youve hit the nail on the head...thats exactly what i expected and didnt happen.

perhaps Perters waiting to see if as many turn out next month??

But as you say a bit more organisation and some formal intros would of helped break the ice and get all chatting as a group.

Just my two pence worth.

Joe

13. 348paul

348paul Formula 3

Dec 27, 2002
    Kent - UK
    Full Name:
    Paul Hill
    I thought there was a good show of heads last night - nice to meet up with everyone.

Seeing that it was the first meet in a long time I can only presume that it was seen as more of an informal get together to see the amount of people who would show up. I personally would not like to go to the trouble of setting out agendas for a meeting that I didn’t know if anyone was going to turn up! I would have thought that our next meet in March will be more formal as Peter has seen that there are quite a few of us looking forward to some Kent activities.

Does anyone have the email address of Peter Critchell? - I was going to drop him a quick email to say thanks for setting the night up and for the sandwiches that he laid on for everyone.

Looking forward to the March 4th :)

Paul

14. sletti

sletti F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 19, 2003
    NW Kent
    Full Name:
    Stig W
    Paul,

I think you hit the nail on the head, and I can see why the softly softly approach is gonna yield the best results. I think Peter will take on board our wishes if it is clear that our intentions are honourable. He strikes me as a cautious guy, and I'd rather gently educate him as to what we want out of the Kent area, than go in all guns blazing and end up with an acrimonious divorce.

I'll PM PCs email address so we can all trhank him for Thursday

Stig

15. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J
    Guys,

Go to foc site and ive put a thread up thanking Peter......

Joe

16. sletti

sletti F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 19, 2003
    NW Kent
    Full Name:
    Stig W
    Joe,

I don't think Peter uses the forum to be honest. But I'll add to your thread on the off chance.

I think the beat results would be yeilded if we wrote to him using that thing, oh wat's it called, mmmmm, I've used in the past, ooooo, I just can't remember, Oh yes, I remember, I think it's called "Royal Mail".

Stigmundo