Ferrari in new Magnum PI movie? | FerrariChat

Ferrari in new Magnum PI movie?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Adrenln328, Feb 5, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Adrenln328

Adrenln328 Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2003
    Kingston, Wa, USA
    Full Name:
    Byron
    While I've been here in Hawaii this week, the news has had several stories about there being a Magnum PI movie filmed here. Has anyone heard if a Ferrari will be in this, & if so, which version?

2. squeeky

squeeky Rookie

Sep 24, 2003
    I have heard that it will be the enzo. I think its a bit much tu have this car why not use a 575 or 360 spider?

3. 4sfed4

4sfed4 Karting

Dec 22, 2003
  4. 4sfed4

4sfed4 Karting

Dec 22, 2003
  5. TSMIV

TSMIV Formula Junior

Jan 27, 2004
    Columbus, MS
    Full Name:
    Robert Goodman
    In a recent interview, Selleck said that Universal was still unwilling to even consider making the film until they felt it would fly. He gave the interview in December. I think Hallmark had a hard time getting the series, but Universal finally agreed because it would allow them to test the waters.

I do not mind the storyline of Magnum’s past, but I will not support a Clooney version. He has done some stupid things as of late, both professionally and personally.

I love the Enzo, do not get me wrong, but that too would be a deal breaker.

Re-inventing details like bringing Magnum’s little brother back from the dead is just plain wrong. For those who are not a Magnum-phile, His half-brother died in Vietnam, technically he is MIA/POW.

The creators liked using cast members from their other series on Magnum, so in that vein I would love to see David James Elliot as Thomas. That is only if Selleck is not.

I hope that they include Lilly, Magnum’s daughter, in it if they have Selleck reprise his role. I hope they bring back all the characters: Rick, TC, & Higgins. Who they get to play them could also be a deal breaker.

6. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    ...and Zeus & Apollo. And the King Kamehameha Club.
    :)

7. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    I simply call them the lads :)

hehe

8. TSMIV

TSMIV Formula Junior

Jan 27, 2004
    Columbus, MS
    Full Name:
    Robert Goodman

I third that!

I could I have forgotten the lads?

9. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    i still enjoy the reruns, there is no way in hell i will watch or spend any money to see this " remake" if its not going to have selleck in it and hold to the original story line.

10. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    I'm a magnum fan too I actually have it going right now. I don't see them using an Enzo I see them using the current V-8 Ferrari the 360. I would prefer to see them dust off the old 308QV but I doubt they would do that.

11. 4sfed4

4sfed4 Karting

Dec 22, 2003
    Those guys are all key, especially Johnathan Quayle Higgins!

And...of course the lads have to be there...and they still have to attack TM on Higgin's command :D

12. 4sfed4

4sfed4 Karting

Dec 22, 2003
    Same here! I generally have at least 2-3 episodes in the hopper ready to watch!

13. normhuff

normhuff Formula Junior

Dec 14, 2003
    Peoria, IL
    Full Name:
    J. Norman Huff, Esq.
    That tv show from 20+ years ago is what started my interest in Ferrari. Before that time I thought Detroit and Japan were the only carmakers in the world...

14. Sarc

Sarc Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    USA
    Whoa, you guys are hardcore! Do you guys know if they plan to put Magnum out out DVD? I'm STILL waiting for Miami Vice to come out :(

Temporary Hijack- Hey Norm, good to see a fellow Peorian on the board!!
    How long have you owned your Testarossa?
    The reason I ask is I spotted one in town a few years back and must have followed him around for about 45 minutes. So if you recall a guy in a little white 240z "pestering" you one day, that was me ;)

15. Magnum PI was a relic of the 80s and it should stay there.

Say no to crack and Magnum PI remakes.

16. Horsefly

Horsefly F1 Veteran

May 14, 2002
  17. snj5

snj5 F1 World Champ

Feb 22, 2003
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Russ Turner
    Arlie
    Your best post EVER was the one with you and Britney Spears foraging in a post-apocalyptic world. I don't even remember when it was.
    I still laugh when I think about it.
    best
    rt

18. Horsefly

Horsefly F1 Veteran

May 14, 2002
    Ask and ye shall receive thy link to greatness:
    http://www.ferrarichat.com/discus/messages/256121/276806.html#POST242663

I have so many classics that I can't keep track of them!

19. TSMIV

TSMIV Formula Junior

Jan 27, 2004
    Columbus, MS
    Full Name:
    Robert Goodman

20. djs308

djs308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2002
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    David S.
    Speaking of DVD's I saw that the Airwolf series is also on DVD, for the UK only. Why are these shows available only in the UK? What's the hold up for the US?

You could buy one anyway and watch it on a computer here in the US only IF you change the drives region code. Mine allows me to change the Region Code a few times before it locks.

Getting back to Magnum's Ferrari: In a perfect world, I'd also like to see the 308 return but know that will not happen. Even a 328 would look good for him. I also think the Enzo will not be used. Way too expensive to get one (if they can), insure it, and actually get to drive the way Magnum drives. Who knows, maybe they can swing it anyway. A 550 Barchetta would seem more like Magnum's style and even that might be too costly to use. Otherwise, yeah, it's likely to be a 360 Spider. And if that doesn't work, how about a red 355 GTS. That should work just fine!

21. Prugna 328

Prugna 328 Formula 3

Sep 10, 2003
    L.I.N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Gregory
    This movie w/ Clooney=S*IT

22. btemplin

btemplin Rookie

Dec 17, 2003
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Templin
    I've got almost every episode of Miami Vice on tape. Unfortunately the quality isn't so great...VCR's of the late 80's weren't too terrific, and the tapes are now 14+ years old. So I'd certainly vote for a DVD release of this as well!

23. Please stop living in the 80s!