looking for new leather seats.... | FerrariChat

looking for new leather seats....

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by James348, Feb 6, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. James348

James348 Rookie

Feb 5, 2004
    London, UK
    Hello to all, just found this forum.

I have a Red Ferrari 348 TS with cream leather interior and am looking for replacement seats. They have completely worn out and colonising has not improved them.

Does anyone know a good upholsterer?

or alternatively I am trying to find a set of second hand seats from a 348 / 355 / 360 (if they will fit) in cream leather, maybe from someone who has upgraded their seats.

2. Ferrari_UK

Ferrari_UK Formula 3

Dec 6, 2002
    England
    Full Name:
    Jeff Howe
  3. vanimal

vanimal Formula Junior

Mar 19, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    Vaughan
    James, the 355 spider seats do not fot a 348, and i dont think 360's will either. I know I tried to replace my challenge seats in my 348 with 355 spiderones and the mounting holes are not exact. You could contact kent High Performance cars, I was there in the week and saw that they have a trim shop and changed an entire 456 from tan to burgendy. Good luck.

4. MarkCollins

MarkCollins F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 2, 2002
    South England
    Full Name:
    Mark Collins
    James

Contact Graham on 07836 595944 he does all the work for Talacrest and also I believe some for Maranello

alt. contact Kent High Performance, Maidstone they do Leather work in house

5. Robertb

Robertb Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    South Oxfordshire, U
    Full Name:
    Robert
    James

Welcome to FChat

KHPC seem to do an excellent job- I've seen their trim work. MotoTechnique look impressive from their site and credentials.

Good luck!

Robert.

6. James348

James348 Rookie

Feb 5, 2004
    London, UK
    Thanks for all the info guys, I will start ringing around tomorrow for some quotes..............will post response.

FYI, I have had a response from one of the Ferrari spares companies that buys write offs and they have a 355 spider coming in on Monday, leather colour to be confirmed, they say the seats will fit in a 348. As long as the overall size of a seat is compatible with the car you can always get different runners and mountings to fit the car they are going in.

7. MarkCollins

MarkCollins F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 2, 2002
    South England
    Full Name:
    Mark Collins
    James

the seats on a 355 Spider are electric, are the 348's?

8. RAY430RED

RAY430RED Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Marlborough Wilts
    Full Name:
    Ray F
    Hi James Speak to Claire at Kent High Perfomance Cars She is co owner of Khpc She does the trimming her self and does a fantastic job at a reasanable price She has retrimmed my 348ts to concours standard in fact in 2002 i won the Champions class and car of the day at the Ferrari owners Club Concours .Without her help this would not have been possible So if you want it done well shes your man!1

Ray360m

9. James348

James348 Rookie

Feb 5, 2004
    London, UK
    No the seats in a 348 are manual.

10. RAY430RED

RAY430RED Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Marlborough Wilts
    Full Name:
    Ray F
    I am pretty sure the mounting on the 348 and 355 seats are the same but dont change them for 355seats the look is totaly different Its like fixing a rear wing on a 348 they just did not make one with a rear wing so why spoil a traditional loverly looking Ferrari ?

RAY360m